Grateful Dead/JGB Tape Traders Forum

yup bba all the way

3 Likes

3 Likes

I had never heard this before. Interesting combo!

This right here might be the best half hour the band ever played:

6 Likes

So todays question is which Althea is your favorite? Here’s mine:

I had this Althea as a filler, but no date to find it after the tape was shot. The only clue I had was the closing of Stranger. I checked my Deadbase to see which times Stranger preceded Althea and finally narrowed it down to this show after searching on ReListen.
Go go gadget brain!

6 Likes

While searching YouTube for that previous show I found this. 12-3-81 Dane County WI

The Baby Blue is so fucking electric! One of my all time favorites and was surprised to find an actual recording of the show. Wow!

2 Likes

My go-to Althea is a few nights later: 3/14/81 in Hartford. It’s not perfect but it’s really, really good.

4 Likes

this is hard… you know my daughters middle name??

2 Likes

You guys know about Heady Version, right?

Users vote for their favorite versions of Dead songs…

5 Likes

My pick has to be 5/15/80 Nassau, happens to be my birthday hmmm

couldnt find 5/15 but here is 5/16 also from Nassau
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=althea+5%2F15%2F80

2 Likes

Here’s another…
Ready?

Favorite Mississippi HalfStep, include uptown toodaloo if you will…

mine has to be from one my all time faves
6/9/77 winter land …

Blows my mind every time that they opened with this. I would have totally lost all my shit lol

6 Likes

This showed up on Reddit today. I had no idea she had covered it

5 Likes

So I checked out the site you recommended and they had my favorite Dark Star listed as #1. The description is the best part:

4 Likes

september '91 boston garden, maybe 9/21 i think, gas althea bruce all over the place, jerry trying to keep up with him :slight_smile:

4 Likes

love that jack a roe on 6/8, cool jams for sure, that 3 nights were pretty good

4 Likes

Some Hampton magic
(31 Days of Dead ⚡️💀 ⚡️ on Instagram: "Church ⛪️ #wharfrat #03061992 #tigdh #gratefuldead #church #gospelsunday #easylikesundaymorning #jerrygarcia #bobweir #phillesh #billkreutzmann #mickeyhart #brucehornsby #vincewelnick #31daysofdead")

3 Likes

Morning :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Here’s a couple for your Sunday.
JGB @ Richmond Coliseum 93’

JGB @ Hampton Coliseum 93’

5 Likes

listening to the 7.14.85 Ventura show and it has a nice funky Althea. Jerry has a slick slow phaze effect going on :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

85 is the shit!

2 Likes

Happy Birthday Phil!

5 Likes