Grateful Dead/JGB Tape Traders Forum

Unbelievable Rubin and Cherise! My favorite version! :fire:

6 Likes

6/27/84 video contains set One and the Help On The Way> Slipknot that opens set Two. Unfortunately the Franklinā€™s Tower (and the rest of set two) is cut.

6 Likes

Have a Sunday yā€™all :wave:

We used to go to church, then the bakery, then to the ā€˜boogie downā€™ Bronx. Breads, meatballs, and cakes were a big part of Sunday :wink:

Music, not so much, but we are making up for that in spadesā€¦

7 Likes

morninā€™

7 Likes
9 Likes

Nice one, @emeraldbullfrog !! I thank the good lord at least once a year for the footage of this show!

7 Likes

Heck yeah! Such a good one, any video of shows from the '70s is a real treat

6 Likes

I second that emotion!

Veneta ā€˜72 is among my all time favoritesā€¦

7 Likes

Sold the Brooklyn Bridge!

10 Likes

RIP Dickey Betts

I figured this was ok to post here because Jerry sat in with them lol

Have a good 4/20 this weekend guys!

9 Likes

Quite an interesting dude. Some of my very favorite concerts as well as possibly the worst performance Iā€™ve seen, had Dickey on stage. My first Allman Brothers show was in '92 (late June in St. Paul, MN with Blues Traveler opening - I have a sound board recording of it). I was fed a graham cracker that had been dosed with liquid LSD and my mind was BLOWN!!! Dickey and Warren were incredible playing and singing together. Greggā€™s voice is incomparable, and I somehow made my way to the closed off part of the balcony (venue was an old hockey arena so it wrapped all the way around) and was able to watch the Drums portion of the show staring directly into Butchā€™s kit from above. They made a lifelong fan that night!

Among the worst concerts Iā€™ve ever attended was Dickey Betts and Great Southern at The Cabooze in Minneapolis. Dickey was stumbling drunk, slurring his words, and not displaying the guitar chops heā€™s known for. His band were rolling their eyes at some of his antics. They especially bristled when Dickey announced that they had played the next song only once before and launched into a cover of ā€œTangled Up In Blueā€. You may recall it is a lengthy song with many verses, very few of which he could recall. It was awful. I gave him another chance at an outdoor BBQ festival in downtown St. Louis and it was slightly better. You could sense he still had the potential to blow us away but the drink was holding him back.

Itā€™s hard to reconcile that the man who wrote Blue Sky was also known for domestic violence and playing crappy shows. You donā€™t have to love the artist to love the artā€¦

7 Likes

So true, out of likes at the moment but I agree 100%

Damn man, now that show I gotta hear one dayā€¦

Blues traveler is great too!

4 Likes

Happy 420 and have a great weekend everyone !

9 Likes

You too TSFTS :earth_americas:

10 Likes
7 Likes

LOVE this show! I had the tape forever without the Dark Star encore. So freakin rad! Story goes, a comet ripped through the sky the moment Jerry sang the ā€˜Dark Star crashesā€¦ā€™ opening line. Cosmic freak out, fur sure!!

9 Likes

First phase of the day done, waterings and tomato seed search completeā€¦:slight_smile:

time to hit the beds in phase twoā€¦

:wave:

9 Likes

Happy Freaky Friday all,

Hope it leads to a great weekend, enjoy yourselfsā€¦

6 Likes

Momā€™s day coming, show some love to the mamaā€™s

one more for kicks

Ummm, can someone please post something to get me out of jail :+1::pray:

where did everybody go?
May '77, nuff sed :wink:

8 Likes

Morning everyone ! Happy Friday to all !

10 Likes