Greasy's Journal

I use this stuff:

https://blackswallowsoil.com/product/em-1-reg-microbial-inoculant-concentrate-717

This is a Canadian source but they also sell it at Build a Soil. If you click on the link you can read the blurb. It’s good info. At the bottom, under “Attachments” you will see three links. All are excellent info. The last one, “EM1 activation” is a step by step guide on how to expand it. Basically you can multiply it, so although it may seem pricey, you can really stretch it out! Although, don’t multiply it by too much unless you’re using a lot. The only downfall is that you need to use it within 2-3 months or it losses a bit of strength in my opinion. At the start of the season I took 3/4 cup and mix it with 3/4 cup of molasses and a gallon of water. I’m just coming to the end of that gallon now and it’s not as strong as my other stuff because I haven’t noticed a visible difference as much as when I use the stronger stuff. I don’t have any scientific data to back this up, it’s just what I’ve observed. I recommend a weekly inoculation of EM1. I put 1-2oz per gallon of my activated EM1 in my compost tea and it really gives it a boost! Anyway, I really believe this helps my plants.

7 Likes

@NorthNorthNugs Hey bud! Love some microbial inoculate! Have you tried LABS? I started using LABS in my SIPS, because it has a more diverse array of microbes than em1 and it’s free. Photosynthesis+ is another great microbial inoculate. There is also a diy photosynthesis+ recipe I found that I would be happy to share if you are curious. Party On!

9 Likes

Is photo+ the stuff that smells absolutely vile like shit? I think I got a sample of that once and I couldn’t handle it. Is the homemade one as gross?

@NorthNorthNugs I’ll check it out! Too bad about the shelf life though. Thanks for sharing

7 Likes

That’s the stuff! It’s wretched! Think sulfur stink bomb in high school.

8 Likes

I do make LABS on the reg and use it often. I like to use many sources of microbes for diversity.

I’m always down for a new recipe. Please do share :+1:t3:

7 Likes

Here you go my friend. DIY Photosynthesis Plus(PSB/PNSB) & Cyanobacteria recipes. - #4 by space

7 Likes

I’ve got some hot plants on my hands this weekend with our heat wave. 86 in the tent with the in line fan at it’s highest setting. They don’t seem to mind too much though. They have been flowering for 17 days, Everyone is stretching except the Good Old Days, she seems to want to remain a squat plant. Sun Ra has probably had the most significant stretch of the group.

Group:

Good Old Days:

Sun Ra

Loompa’s Headband x Triangle Kush

Sherbert x Wedding Cake

18 Likes

My gardens most interesting harvest so far this year. Dragon Fruit. First one I’ve gotten off my plant! It’s delicious!

21 Likes

Ken’s GDP Darkheart Nursery Clone

I was never a huge bay rap fan, but this one always got me. Gotta edit this and include it in the report:

Bud Shots Harvest at 73 days

Bag appeal:
This stuff turned out real pretty. Purple, frosty, very visually appealing weed.

Smell and taste:
The smell is a musky fruit, almost like how sangria smells. And the flavor is straight grape juice. I would say the smell and taste are the most impressive aspects to this strain. Really stands out there

Potency and effects:
The most potent of the three GDP plants I grew. I would say this would be like a 6.5/10 in terms of potency. A lot more reminiscent of weed of a different era when THC wasn’t so high. The high is very pleasing, but nothing out of this world. Very easy going indica. Mostly clear head with a little massage like feeling in the top of my head. Nice body high and some overall euphoria. Very feel good relaxing, but not put you down stuff

Overall
I am happy that I got to grow out a variety associated with Ken and GDP. It has wonderful flavor and smell. I wish I had been growing in the era that this weed was popular, but I sure smoked a lot of it and I feel like it definitely falls in line with the overall GDP I remember, but just not as much of a night time smoke as I was hoping for. The GDP that I truly remember cherishing would really lock me to the couch, and I didn’t find that in this strain. On the flip side, for those that are all about flavor, I think she was great and was the most grapey and bright tasting of the three GDP plants I ran. And to be real, some nights I’ll just smoke so much of this stuff, that after some more serious indulgence, she gives me the night time effects I’m after.

20 Likes

That’s some serious dank :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I actually kind of like it when super-tasty weed ends up being slightly less potent, just because it means I can smoke more of it haha.

Anyway, nice review! Nugs look real pretty, too.

11 Likes

Hahaha that’s awesome. That description was excellent. I have a pack of these seeds and have been meaning to pop them… ugh there’s just too many to grow.

Great report!

8 Likes

Yeah I feel like I missed out on this one too. I got bags over the years labeled GDP, but half of them wouldn’t even have a hint of purple in them, so who knows what it really was.

Nice write up and your nugs look great! One great thing about growing your own stash is you’ll always have plenty to smoke if you need some more to get to the desired effect.

9 Likes

Yes to this. I always prefer less potent weed so i can enjoy it all day w no tired crash after 2 hours from first puff.

9 Likes

Plants have been flowering between 7-8 weeks, and are starting to really bulk up. Finding little bits of boytris not caused by caterpillar poop here and there. Pretty much the time of the season where I have to make a calculated decision of when to harvest, do I want more bud, or less bud that has had more time to finish. I think this season I am leaning more towards higher quality and am going to be OK with larger losses, as I’ve got a pretty good headstash at this point. @ElGalloBlanco I think you are really onto something with the silica. Since I’ve been adding a little bit to their water once a week, the amount of PM I’ve been seeing has almost dropped to none. And the conditions are ripe for it with all the rain and humidity we have had, so I think that’s going to be standard operating procedure for me moving forward. I guess now my bud doesn’t qualify as organic, but it doesn’t make that much sense to me that something can be used as a foliar spray and it is organic, but not in a direct watering? I had just assumed it qualified as Buildasoil sold it, but I guess it’s only for foliar.

Group:

Goji OG F2 Stretchy Pheno- I think this will be my last plant to finish. She still has a long ways to go. She stretched for like a month, and even though she seemed to start stretching first, she has been the slowest in bud formation. She is starting to throw down some frost. I’m thinking that she most resembles a true OG style pheno with her tight little nugs.

Goji OG F2 Nice Structure/Flopper Pheno - This one has some chonky buds, and she not slowing down! I’m calling her 8 weeks flowering, and I’m betting she’ll go 11 easy unless we just get too much mold forming. Probably the least frosty of the three phenos, but that doesn’t really mean anything.

Goji OG F2 Purple Stem PHeno - This one is really getting thick too and has some nice purples showing in her.

Sun Ra - The slowest plant to start flowering, but she’s getting into it. As I posted in the Bodhi thread yesterday, she has the strangest mix of smells, where every time I try and figure out what she smells like I have a different scent. Starting to get some nice frost, and she has just been the easiest plant to grow. So far pretty sturdy in her stems too. Whereas I can tell my indoor pheno I have is definitely going to need some staking.

Sherbert x Wedding Cake - The stickiest plant in the garden, with also the thickest and tightest nugs. I feel like she isn’t very photogenic, but in person she really stands out to me. I don’t know if it’s luck or not, but caterpillars have been the least interested in her, and she has had no PM, so maybe she is resistant? Has a real vanilla smell coming off her which I haven’t gotten in bud before. I’m very optimistic about this plant. She did lose two colas last week to what I’m assuming was animal damage. Came out one morning to snapped branches. Tried to tape them up but it was a no go. Gave them a quick wash and put them in the hash bag in the freezer

BB Muffin x Vintage BB F2 - My favorite plant, but more due to sentimental reasons as I reproduced her. It’s been really rewarding to purchase a pack of seeds looking for something, f2 them, and then find exactly what I was hoping for. I think she’ll be harvested first in two weeks. Reeks of berries and is covered in frost. Can’t wait to taste her!

21 Likes

I wanted to see if anyone who has been following along would be interested in trying to test grow my Kens GDP clone x Mel Frank GDP. It’s definitely an amateur chuck. Used pollen mixed from three males, and applied to a branch of the Kens GDP. Don’t have a ton of them so more why I’m looking for someone to test rather than just a gift.

21 Likes

I’m damned tempted man… :thinking:
Let me figure some timing out.
:wink:

5 Likes

I’ll be sure to tag you when I pop those soon. I’m really looking forward to growing them, and those BB Muffin x Vintage BB F2’s too :grin:

6 Likes

Just let me know @MoBilly , I know you would knock em out of the park! You grow some monster plants!

Awesome @Oldtimerunderground . OTUG is a VIP in Greasy’s Journal, got some of those without even being asked to test. Like I said to MoBilly, can’t wait to see what you could do with them!

11 Likes

Glad to hear that hopefully the silica watering is helping with your PM issues, I think it is even more apparent when used throughout the grow as you shouldn’t have to fight with the PM to begin with.

And that sucks about the botrytis, it is a real pain in the ass, for the most part, whenever my outdoor plants show signs of it, it just seems to keep coming no matter how much of it you cut out or get rid of. Thankfully I haven’t seen any signs of it this season here, I am now trying to stick to plants that can hold up to the elements better, more landrace type stuff in hopes that it helps in that regard. Most modern day cannabis just isn’t bred for consideration to outdoor growing. That may be something to look into going forward for your outdoor grows.

12 Likes