Green Therapy at Mr.Magoos

Hey there OlMan! Glad you stopped by. I see your an organic Gardner as well. Maybe you could throw me a couple of pointers on top dressing inputs? Bone meal says it takes over 4 months to break down, so what I have been doing is top dressing with bone meal as I flip into flower. I just water from that point on, adding mollases every third watering.

Any tips?
@OlManHenry

1 Like

This is a clone of the sherbanger thats starting to take off. LST w/ topping

Here is a clone that I revegged. Not sure the name but it has great flavor. Not a big yielder, although I can’t say I’ve grown it dialed in yet.

2 Likes

I’m excited as these will be my first grow on OG from sow to harvest. These were some seeds I traded for with a fellow OG’er(although most of the seeds I sent got smashed; just reminded myself I need to get those replacements off now that I got schooled on what to do). Anyways, back on subject. I went with the direct sow approach. So far I’m 2/4. I have the seedlings in a humidity dome(not sure if this is the play or not, but I’m not great with babies). The seeds are:
(Purple Capers) x (Sour Dubb/Trop Cooks)

(Bubba/GG4) x (Wedding Cake/Mac¹)

Here’s a different seed I popped of the Sherbanger. Probably around 2 to 3 weeks into flower. Not going to lie, I don’t really pay attention to days of growth. I flip into flower when they are half as high as I want them, then just watch the trichs for ripeness.

This is sherbanger1¹(first number is seed, second number is what clone. So this was the first seed of sherbanger I popped and this is my first clone of it.) I’m really excited because as far as I can tell, she’s been locked in since day 1. I did snap a main top that held 3 colas, so that was a bummer, but other than that, she’s been doing great. This is also my first organic grow. I switched from synthetics after I zapped her mother an inch from death.

1 Like

Very nice colors.

1 Like

Sherbanger got the chop today!

Check these babies out! They smell like a bowl of fruity pebbles with gasoline for the milk!

11 Likes

nice run man way to grow :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

4 Likes

3/4 with the new seedlings!

This sherbanger 1² clone is taking off.

This “monster crop” (i think thats the right term for cloning a plant in flower, then revegging) is starting to put out serated leaves

2 Likes

Hey man congrats on beating the fetynal addiction! I got out of rehab for booze in March. I had plants growing while I was in there. I kinda felt like an ass hole talking about sobriety when I knew I was coming home to a crop. I always knew I was goi g to be California sober though. 8 months and going (growing) strong! Plants looks good too man keep it up!

3 Likes

Nice! I can totally relate. I gave the completely sober approach a shot, but cannabis just helps me stay pretty even keeled. Happy for you though! Thanks for the compliments; I hope to continue to gain knowledge and experience around the plant. Stay strong!

2 Likes

Absolutely man no problem! So my grow style is organics as well and I’ve been looking to make my set up as easy going and cost effective as possible. To start I was only using dr.earth dry amendments. You can find those at home depot or Lowes. I use the tomato and herb blend for veg it’s got a higher nitrogen ratio. And I use flower power for flowering ( I have to buy that on amazon). Both are cheap and get the job done. Have you looked into any of build a soils products?

I have watched many build a soil videos on YouTube. I’ve learned so much from them. I haven’t actually had the chance to try any of their stuff as of yet. I’m trying to find the easiest, cheapest, most sustainable way to grow. From the looks of their videos, they definitely meet two of those criteria. I can’t say I’ve checked their prices though. Are they relatively reasonable? @OHGrow21666

This is a clone of that diesel-like seed I popped. This is my first attempt semi-outdoor.(vegged as long as I could inside, then threw it outside hoping to get 10 weeks in before frost.) I ran into either nutrient lockout( pretty sure this was it because I started watering from the hose. Who needs pH they said. Its organic they said lol) or nitro deficiency. I started pH’ing water again, and after about a week of basically zero growth, I added some bone meal and…wait for it…fox farm synthetics :frowning: So I can’t say this plant is fully organic, but I was in a pinch and my baby was suffering. So I chose her over the soil. Anyone have some tips for a better way to have approached this?

2 Likes

If it was a nitrogen deficiency next time just make a tea with worm castings. If you don’t want to buy air stones to make tea just top dress with worm castings and water in. Be sure to water in throughly so its spread out to as much of the root ball as possible. It’s way quicker than using bone meal. Build a soil is pretty reasonably priced. They’ve always got sales going on as well. The dr.earth dry amendments that I mentioned earlier are cheap for sure 8lbs of the flower power ran me 20 bucks and they’ve got a 12lbs bag of the herb and tomato which I use for veg at home depot for 27.

2 Likes

I do use those dr.earth as well(need to get some more i think I had a straight “bone meal” from them but not positive).I’ll have to try those out next go around. I guess they have mychorizae in them? Do you top dress or find that reammending is enough for the cycle? I just top dressed my indoors with bat guano (light top dress) and a little more bone meal.

They don’t have mycorizae in them. For that I would recommend recharge I know a pound is 40 bucks but they do have smaller sizes. I bought a pound a year ago and now I need more so it goes along way. I also didn’t use it as much as I do now. I use the dr.earth amendment blends at 2 tablespoons per gallon of soil. For the tomato and herb (veg) flower girl (bloom) or the 2-2-2 all purpose. I use that amount for reamending at the end of the cycle too.(plus compost or worm castings) Amend every 4 weeks. It’s roughly 26 or 27ish days worth of food.

1 Like

I’m going to go grab some today I think. I have some seedlings getting going and want to give that a shot on those.

That’s what’s up. I ran just dr.earth tomato and herb and the flower girl plus wormcastings organic soil from home depot for the first 2 years with pretty good success. Throw some recharge or mycos in there with some micro nutrients like big 6 from build a soil that will kick it up a notch. Then adding compost and or good quality worm castings (not from home depot) will take you even further. All cheap all easy to apply. It baffles me how much time hydro growers spend on bottles and watering.

I’m glad DR. Earth is working for you. Tea’s are fun. I did some bone meal and it soured on me. Man it was ruff.

I have a huge compost pile that I use for my outdoor garden, but I haven’t really done the research on how to get it inside without all the bugs