Green Therapy at Mr.Magoos

I’m Mr.Magoo! Welcome to my OG grow journal! I’ve have only been serious and dedicated to my grows for a little over a year now, although I have have many years of unsuccessful grows due to lack of knowledge and the pursuit of that knowledge.
Growing really caught me a little over a year ago. I had been struggling with a crazy fentanyl addiction and got cleaned up, and growing was the first hobby that made me feel something. Since I made that connection to the plant, I use my grow space as my therapy/meditation place. I find peace here (most days unless I drastically f’d something up) and wish more people could find something they feel connected to.
I love terps more than anything. If a bud tastes great, I’ll choose taste over yield any day.
I’m trying to get better, so any advice you have for me, I would greatly appreciate!

21 Likes

Hey man, welcome to OG, and awesome job getting straightened out. Stick around, you might even enjoy it here. Very friendly people here, unlike most places.
The general feeling I get… these guys wanna see you succeed.

3 Likes

11 Likes

Getting close on this sherbanger. I have another clone of it in flower, then a clone in veg. I also just popped some seeds a buddy sent me that ill get some pics up of.

3 Likes

11 Likes

This plant really came back. I made a super noob mistake and thought those cheap amazon ph meters stayed accurate indefinitely, and completely fried my baby with citric acid. I was so bummed, but she held on and kept fighting.

2 Likes

9 Likes

5 Likes

Not the best Scrog lol, I just put it on about a week ago.
Forgot to mention my inputs. I built my own soil using peat,humus,and perlite. I added bat shit, fish shit, worm shit, bone meal and mychorizae. I’d like to get a method down as far as measurements, but I kinda just threw a bunch of shit in there. The soil is definitely way too much for seedlings lol.
Still learning, obviously. I noticed my stems seem really lanky, and I was reading that this could be a silica/ calcium issue?

4 Likes

Silica IMO. Now I top dress mostly and use a little diatomaceous earth each time :call_me_hand:t2:

Beautiful plants may I stay and watch? Thanks Ol’man

2 Likes

Hey there OlMan! Glad you stopped by. I see your an organic Gardner as well. Maybe you could throw me a couple of pointers on top dressing inputs? Bone meal says it takes over 4 months to break down, so what I have been doing is top dressing with bone meal as I flip into flower. I just water from that point on, adding mollases every third watering.

Any tips?
@OlManHenry

1 Like

This is a clone of the sherbanger thats starting to take off. LST w/ topping

Here is a clone that I revegged. Not sure the name but it has great flavor. Not a big yielder, although I can’t say I’ve grown it dialed in yet.

2 Likes

I’m excited as these will be my first grow on OG from sow to harvest. These were some seeds I traded for with a fellow OG’er(although most of the seeds I sent got smashed; just reminded myself I need to get those replacements off now that I got schooled on what to do). Anyways, back on subject. I went with the direct sow approach. So far I’m 2/4. I have the seedlings in a humidity dome(not sure if this is the play or not, but I’m not great with babies). The seeds are:
(Purple Capers) x (Sour Dubb/Trop Cooks)

(Bubba/GG4) x (Wedding Cake/Mac¹)

Here’s a different seed I popped of the Sherbanger. Probably around 2 to 3 weeks into flower. Not going to lie, I don’t really pay attention to days of growth. I flip into flower when they are half as high as I want them, then just watch the trichs for ripeness.

This is sherbanger1¹(first number is seed, second number is what clone. So this was the first seed of sherbanger I popped and this is my first clone of it.) I’m really excited because as far as I can tell, she’s been locked in since day 1. I did snap a main top that held 3 colas, so that was a bummer, but other than that, she’s been doing great. This is also my first organic grow. I switched from synthetics after I zapped her mother an inch from death.

1 Like

Very nice colors.

1 Like

Sherbanger got the chop today!

Check these babies out! They smell like a bowl of fruity pebbles with gasoline for the milk!

11 Likes

nice run man way to grow :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

4 Likes

3/4 with the new seedlings!

This sherbanger 1² clone is taking off.

This “monster crop” (i think thats the right term for cloning a plant in flower, then revegging) is starting to put out serated leaves

2 Likes

Hey man congrats on beating the fetynal addiction! I got out of rehab for booze in March. I had plants growing while I was in there. I kinda felt like an ass hole talking about sobriety when I knew I was coming home to a crop. I always knew I was goi g to be California sober though. 8 months and going (growing) strong! Plants looks good too man keep it up!

3 Likes

Nice! I can totally relate. I gave the completely sober approach a shot, but cannabis just helps me stay pretty even keeled. Happy for you though! Thanks for the compliments; I hope to continue to gain knowledge and experience around the plant. Stay strong!

2 Likes