HSC OG Kush grow

Here’s a happy OG Kush from Humboldt seed company. She popped out around April 3rd, and slowly transitioning her to outside. Any tips and tricks for this strain? Thanks. Edited: top has a lean to it, and using lime, and fish fertilizer, and compost tea. No clue on pH, or ppm or anything like that. shrugs She’s healthy

16 Likes

You’re looking at a potentially TALL Plant with a MEDIUM YIELD. In Maine, it finished about 10 OCT. I had no problem with PM OR “Budrot”, but I don’t know your Sep/Oct Weather Pattern. Your plant looks nice, BTW. Continued success, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Thank you! It differs Sept/Oct here. Read recently the state I’m in, parallels with the temps in the kush regions for growing, if that helps. Wanting to do tall plants this year without topping, but this kush has a lean to it, and I think a fimming may be in order for it

1 Like

Try Bamboo Stakes. That should keep it upright. Check out @gramps (Gramp’s Outdoor Garden Thread). SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

OGK responds well to training if you want to go that route. I’d suggest topping at the 6th to 8th node if you want it to fill out in a more bushy form.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Think I may do that today

in the breeder’s description of the strain, they talk about it being sturdy for an OG

1 Like

Plant looks super happy nice green on it, healthy as can be.

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

4 Likes

Had to bring her in. Had a bad storm with heavy wind roll through, another on the way, and she looks beat up as it is

5 Likes

Starting to get back in shape

5 Likes

Much better

6 Likes

it has a LOT of lateral branching and a LOT of small (but respectable) top colas… however, the branches are pretty spindly and easily snap if applying a bit too much LST.
highly recommend a trellis of sorts to hold up the branches late in flower.

i don’t recall it being a picky eater. did well outdoors.

it’s nice smoke. worthy of growing.

i have some photos of it harvested last year outdoors

4 Likes

That’s awesome! Looked at it earlier, and decided to do some lst. Seemed like a lot of the branches were almost vertical with the stalk, like you have there, so I tied them to the side, and letting them go up from where I have them

1 Like

Looking lush, man!

Very healthy looking!

Thank you to you both! She was looking bad a few days ago, and would have been dead if I left her outside. Learned to take them out in June from now on

1 Like

Mine was a bit on the viney side. I grew it with 3 other strains in a scrog indoors. Was a medium yiielder. Finished in less than 70 days f if memory serves. Tall and lean with sparse foliage. Mine had a kind of orange thing going on after cure. No Gass at all unlike the HSC description.

1 Like