Greenhighlander grows

Yeah, like GHL said, it’s lots of the same lineage mixed into both Giesel and Sour D. Might even be the exact same, depending on who you listen to, since nobody knows exactly what Sour D is except for the chem crew. And then you have Appy, which is a Chem D bx2 with Green Crack (skunk x something) thrown in. Which basically encapsulates all the genetics thought to be in Sour D.

If you look up the Chem D discussion where I took notes of Pbud, Asshole J, and Chemdog all talking about it on the Adam Dunn show, there’s some notes of how Sour D came about, straight from the horses mouths of the people involved in it.

12 Likes

Ya thats right the appy also carries some of the genes thought to be in Sour Diesel.
Regardless I really couldn’t of asked for more. A really really nice surprise and I am putting more Wolfpack F2 into towels as soon as I post this and will be taking cuts this time lol

10 Likes

For the record none of the parent plants looked anything like these F2 .

• actually that isn’t true. One of the F2 does look a lot like the one tall female mother.
6 Likes

Decided to chop 2 more Wolfpack F2 today day 55 from flip. They are the same 2 I had out for pics a few posts back but didn’t post the numbers.
First up is #8 She is the one with the " greasy berry " smell . It smells absolutely delicious and I hope the smell transfers to flavor.

Lower

18 Likes

Gotta love that “Yeah, fuck it, I guess I’ll chop a couple more plants today…” situation haha. “Greasy berry” sounds real good. Different than “Sour Diesel” for sure, but still sounds good. Plants look kinda leafy, though, no? Or just weird flower formations?

5 Likes

And #3 also got chopped .
It has a much more chem funk thing going on in the smell department with just a bit of sweetness.

Lower

16 Likes

lol weird flower formation yes , leafy ? no , not at all IMHO. I have trimmed much much worse and have trimmed better , as in barely a leaf to clip , I don’t think these will be tough trimming at all , and holy fuck do I ever hate trimming lol

9 Likes

#9 got the chop today , day 56 from flip. This is the one that has the structure of one of the mother plants used to make the seeds. The mother also had longer skinnier buds like #9 but the mother did not have the huge calyx that #9 does. I swear they are almost the size of marbles lol
It also has a much different smell . The mother had a soapy like smell and #9 absolutely reeks of chem with almost a touch of BO . This is one of the strongest smelling plants I have grown in quite some time.
I really like her unique look .

26 Likes

Hey @anon60559124. I hope you have plans for the last day of 2020! I was wondering about these being ripe at 56 days. That’s remarkable. Is that typical of Wolfpack?

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face::mask::chile:

7 Likes

Hey there. Just another day around these parts .
I have been really surprised at how fast some of these plants have been. I tend to harvest when I see 10% amber and the one I chopped at day 50 was certainly ready . I could obviously of let all of them go longer , but for my tastes I do not enjoy the weed as much when it is harvested with more amber trichs then the roughly 10% .

I can’t really comment on what is typical flowering time for Wolfpack as the only time I ever ran it was to make these seeds . I can say that I was expecting the flowering time to be closer to 10 weeks then the 7-8 weeks .
There are a few left that look like they will go the 10 weeks.
The only other strain I have ever run that was this fast was a pheno of c99 which was ready at day 49 like clockwork.

9 Likes

Excuse me for being a lazy stoner and not going back through your thread and searching. But how long did they veg for?

7 Likes

Man, that #9 looks craaazzyyyyyy. That last pic, of the top, is insane. You really can notice the huge calyxes.

5 Likes

I am also too lazy to scroll up and look lol But going by my stoner memory I would guess they vegged for 6 weeks from sprout roughly. I usually only veg long enough for them to sex. They were 12"-16" inches when transplanted and flipped.

9 Likes

Ya man I really dig it. #9 would of got a lot more color , especially purple if I left her longer. But ya I really like those calyx.

7 Likes

That actually does remind me of Sour Diesel. Every batch of SD I’ve ever gotten always has two defining characteristics, as far as looks are concerned: those big calyxes and super-wiry pistils. That #9 definitely has the calyx part down.

6 Likes

Ill repost this by itself so you can enjoy the zoom lol

It was the first thing I thought of when saw them develop. Told nube the calyx reminded me of sour diesel.

17 Likes

Is there some way to sex during veg that I’m not aware of? I would love to know this.

4 Likes

Most strains will show their sex in veg as they reach sexual maturity. They do this with what is known as preflowers. Usually around the 6 week mark. But I have had it be as short as 4 weeks and as long as 8 weeks . I have had a few plants that simply didn’t wanna show in veg . But most do.

9 Likes

I’m aware of preflowering, but in my experience that is a rarity. Maybe it’s the genetic base I have been working with.

5 Likes

Ya genetics certainly has something to do with it.

5 Likes