Greenhighlander grows

The thicker colas look very productive. :tada:
Is that just an optical illusion or are you finding good producers in these F2?

5 Likes

The ones remaining are the heaviest of the bunch. Also the ones with the most solid buds. Compared to other strains I would call them good producers. A couple of the rejects yielded very low but the rest were about average.

I am also outta likes again lol

11 Likes

Yeah, the ones you have left are looking pretty good. Almost like normal weed plants :wink: Why’d you reject that #19? Just because of the way it looks or is that one that hermed?

2 Likes

I rejected it because the buds aren’t very dense and it is going to be a huge pain in the ass to trim. I would report if it hermied when I posted it , like I have about the others and their nanners. #19 is just a fugly plant that doesn’t interest me.

10 Likes

The last sentence made me giggle.

I guess you can only grow so many plants. You don’t want to look at any ugly plants if you don’t have to. Everyone has different tastes and goals. I just find it interesting.

4 Likes

I am after the best smoke period and not just potency wise , but the best overall effect for my medicinal uses. I truly do not care about looks , tastes , smells . Don’t get me wrong pretty plants are pretty , and tasty weed is yummy . But I grow for my own medicinal needs. If it has those “cosmetic” or secondary properties it is just a bonus to me.
#19 got rejected because it was never a happy plant and the flower formation simply would not yield well enough to warrant the growing and trimming .
No biggie , the hunting is half the fun :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Someone had asked me awhile back which was my favorite plant and if I had to decide without smoking it would be #18 . This gal was happy the whole time , had nice strong branches up until the last couple days . I really like the solid bud formation . She has a crisp chem cleaner type smell , that isn’t overpowering, with a tiny bit of lemon on the backend.
She got the chop today.

24 Likes

WOOHOO!!! that gives me Frost Bite and a chill :slight_smile:

a beautiful flower thank you for the look

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

2 Likes

I totally get it. If I can’t keep them happy pretty easy, there are plenty that I can. No time for super picky ladies, especially if they don’t yield.

6 Likes

#1 the early frost queen got the chop today. She has a strong almost fingernail polish remover type smell with some pretty strong skunk mixed in. She also has the same structure as 2 of the seed mother plants did. She was the shortest plant of the F2’s. Like some of the others have, her bottom branches sag like crazy without the other plants in the tent holding them up.

On a side note does anyone out there in OGland know why I might be getting logged out regularly while I am trying to make posts here?

24 Likes

That’s the type of plant I was hoping would come out of the F2 - a beauty queen! Hope she smokes great, too.

In terms of getting logged out, it’s something the site is doing for the short term when it gets super busy with posts/users. I think they’re doing it to reduce the load on the servers. It’s just growing pains as the site gets more popular. :smiley:

I’ve read that they’re about to upgrade servers, at which point the “we logged you off” and the “we’re showing you the site as it looks to logged off users” messages will hopefully end and some of the other processes will speed up.

7 Likes

That plant is stellar.

5 Likes

Great pics again, as usual :+1:

6 Likes

Wow, that #18 and #1 look really fucking good. I really dig those crisp cleaner smells. Did you keep clones of your favorites, or just exploring the F2s? I hear you on just growing for your needs, it’s nice to just grow for yourself, with no need to meet any kind of expectation. Great job on documenting the Wolfpack!

6 Likes

@anon60559124 Exxxcellent work here sir, making Canada proud and the rest of the world jealous with your plant rearing skills :+1: would love to track down some of those magic beans :drooling_face:

5 Likes

I did not take cuts . This was simply just to grow some out and see possible potential.
After many years of chasing numbers PPM , PH , EC , yield etc etc I now keep it as simple as possible and couldn’t tell you the last time I paid attention to any of those numbers. Since doing so my yield has gone down , my quality has gone way way up , and it is now a therapeutic stress reliver instead of causing me stress.

@TerpSneeze Thank you for the kind words but all I do is try to keep them watered lol As for seeds they all ended up going out through the OG co op and I think some went to a charity auction or two. I believe one may of been for shoe at headie gardens.

12 Likes

#16 got the chop this am . She is 100% fuel/gas in smell and she sprouted a number of late nanners.

23 Likes

#14 also got the chop today. She also has a fuel type smell but with some chem mixed in. She has also sprouted a few late nanners.

24 Likes

Beautiful plants!!!

5 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

5 Likes