Greenhighlander grows

Fabulous looking plants. Makes me hope to one day be somewhere i can grow outside.

6 Likes

Nice trees…love the blue tub.

5 Likes

I can’t wait to grow outdoors. This things are monsters but they are beautiful. Great work!

8 Likes

straight beasts !

6 Likes

So I figured I would share my soil recipe while waiting to fire up the indoor. I use this as a starting point for all new strains.
After trying the Organic version for awhile and not being happy with it , I have returned to this https://www.pthorticulture.com/en/products/pro-mix-hp-mycorrhizae/

To every 7 gal of pro mix I add the following.

2 cups of EWC
1/2 cup of Gaia Green Power Bloom
1/4 cup of Gaia Green Fishbone meal
1/4 cup of Gaia Green Alfalfa meal
1/3 - 1/2 cup of crushed oyster shells

I water for the first time with Blackstrap at 1 TBS per gallon prior to transplanting into the 7 gal smart pouch and flipping, and again usually anywhere from week 4-6 of flowering.
I have found the above mix to work great for all but the heaviest feeders. I also tend to try to give the least nutes possible instead of pumping them with as much as possible. I would rather my plants fade early then not at all.

Some day I hope to move to a ROLS type set up but for now this works and makes me regret all the years I wasted running bottle garbage. The quality is not comparable even though I may harvest a little less plus the cost is a tiny fraction of what I use to spend on bottles.

19 Likes

@Torontoke there’s the recipe we were talking about last weekend. EZ pz and you sure do great with it, GHL. That Gaia Green is basically an old school supersoil nutrient mix in a bucket. Seems like pretty good stuff.

You’d think promix should be organic by default based on the ingredient list. It’s just peat, perlite, lime, and mycos. Dunno if they’re rinsing it in Roundup or what, but that seems like it would be hard to fuck up.

9 Likes

It may be because of the wetting agent they use in it. I know the organic doesn’t have it which is one of my complaints about the organic as it sucked ass at absorbing water .

I have zero complaints about the Gaia Green products I have used for 6 years now. They do have dry amendments that can be used on their own as an all in one, but I can’t comment on them as I have never used. TBH I did great with just the EWC , oyster shells , and powerbloom , but find the alfalfa and fishbone added to be that much better. Their powerbloom has a very extensive ingredient list that includes all the good stuff.

I never let my soil cook before planting in it but plan on giving it a try this year to see if there is a difference.

11 Likes

Thanks
I’ll give it a shot when I get fired back up
Hopefully I can manage to get it right and have plants half as nice as you and ghl

6 Likes

Fuck the nice part it honestly is just way cheaper and simpler and the quality of the smoke is incredible compared to when I ran the full AN line.
All I do is shake my head when I think about what I was spending on those fuckin bottles each run. And I was buying their biggest size of everything . Man what a waste of money for higher yields of comparably tasteless, lower quality weed.
AN is a complete money grab. I remember the recipes they use to have for their stuff back then was way off as well. I got the best results mixing less then 1/4 of what they called for from each bottle. The recipes were geared to have you basically use the most of their product. 2400 ppm if I remember right lol
I got the best results running 600-800 ppm and bumping it up one week , usually week 5 ish , to 1100-1200 ppm . I was running their full recipes for organic back then with the iguana juice as the main base.
Even non AN less is usually more IMHO.

@Torontoke glad to see ya here man and hope the new spot is still treating you well. Especially when you fire back up :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Koko left Strawberry Headband right

Koko

SH

19 Likes

They look happy and healthy. Are they just starting to go into flowering now?

4 Likes

Started maybe 2 weeks ago. Also on another note I just checked and it says Item out for delivery :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Down to my last jar of Koko the Gorilla Ghani and her GG#4 goodness. This jar was harvest the first week of January.

20 Likes

Koko left and Strawberry Headband right

19 Likes

Was going through my seed collection today and was reminded that I have this bag of Wolfpack pollen. I will be dusting the Strawberry Headband and Gorilla Ghani cuts I have when they are run indoors.
Should be interesting.

16 Likes

Do you have any idea of what the street value of that bag would be ? lol !

5 Likes

Nope , not in the slightest lol
This was the first time I ever flowered a male out instead of killing it as soon as it showed.

5 Likes

Finally time to see if these Wolfpack F2’s are worth growing. I threw some paler ones in to see if they germ.

19 Likes

Looking good bra!

1 Like

In my experience I can’t get pollen to survive past a few months!! I’ve tried everything. Assuming that’s why there isn’t a POLLEN BANK!?! I did find some dudes selling pollen the other day on a site though.

3 Likes