Greenhighlander grows

That should read " I try to be kind because of not in spite of " The way I wrote it makes me sound like an arrogant douche lol

10 Likes

Good point my friend. It may be just seeds, but a great gesture as well.

8 Likes

Its the OG way :slight_smile:

11 Likes

So I managed to get 2 very hurting Strawberry Headband transplanted before running out of soil in the house. I have more in the garage but can’t physically bring it in to mix more pots which sucks ass .
Anyway the 6 DS F2 are chugging along with the two towards the back corner chugging along even faster then the others.

This DS F2 has super shiny leaves compared to the others

17 Likes

Those waxy looking leaves are another thing that reminds me of bubba kush. There are people around the forums and IG that claim the LA Affie used in this cross is actually a close relative of pre98 bubba, or perhaps from the same generation as the pre98.

It might make some sense, but to me the F2 doesn’t really produce bubba-style plants. While the growth may be bubba-slow and the leaves are big and waxy, you don’t really see bubba bud structures, flavors, or effects. It is more reminiscent of the squat little bushes you see in all those old timey black & white Afghani cannabis pics.

Who knows. Either way, it’s some good smoke when you find the right phenos.

9 Likes

I plan on taking two cuts of each of the DS F2 today . I usually use aloe as my rooting gel . This time I am also going to pre soak my cubes in aloe as well .
I also managed to drag a bale of soil in so I will get the rest of the Koko and Strawberry Headband cuts transplanted as I am physically able. I also plan to flip today or tomorrow .

15 Likes

I was using aloe, with minimal success, so I switched to Clonex. Then I got a ph meter and I think I know what my issue was now. Apparently the bottled water I was using was alkalized. Great for humans, not so much for rooting. We will see how my success is now. I definitely love the thought of using something I can grow as opposed to an expensive product on so many levels.

I checked this morning and have at least 4 rooted after 9 days. I’ll be taking a closer look and potting later.

7 Likes

I switched to aloe a few years ago and it has been as good as anything else I have used. Paid 5 bucks for the aloe plant 4 years ago now.

8 Likes

Are you running Koko and the Strawberry Headband outside again this year?

3 Likes

I will def have to try this. We have multiple aloe plants in the house.

4 Likes

Koko will be outdoors for sure and whatever else I want to keep around by then. I may let SH go depends on how I feel about the buds from this indoor run.
I will also be putting any of the DS F2 cuts out that I want to keep around and also any cuts of the next round of Wolfpack F2 I also want to keep around.
I don’t really run plants outdoors for the smoke because they rarely get to finish here . I just put them out to take cuts to bring back inside for the next indoor season.

8 Likes

Grabbed a shot of each of the DS F2 while taking cuts.

15 Likes

Whoa, that #6 looks a lot different than the other five. Or is that just the camera angle? Looks straight-up, straight-down, like it’s a serious G13HP leaner.

4 Likes

#6 is the slowest grower with the fewest branches .

4 Likes

Abuncha Wolfpack F2 hit the towels today, including the one I found in the bud of #1 . 10 Granola Funk x Goji og also hit the towels.

9 Likes

Hoping to get the final SH cut transplanted today. Flowering tent is still on veg hours.

Wolfpack F2

The Wolfpack F2 found in the bud of #1

Granola Funk x Goji OG

16 Likes

20 Wolfpack F2 have been planted along with the one out of the bud from #1 and 10 Granola Funk x Goji OG

14 Likes

All the seeds except for 1 Wolfpack F2 are now above ground

The cuts of DS aren’t dead yet lol

DS #6 has some of the fattest leaves I have had in my garden in awhile.

The mutant Wolfpack F2 is looking very mutant like lol

Now that the first 2 SH I transplanted are coming around I plan on flipping tomorrow. If DS #1 & #2 decide they want to stretch much they are going to tower over the other 4 bigtime .

19 Likes

Today is flipping day finally . I didn’t transplant the last SH because I don’t want it completely crammed in there. 2 of the DS F2 are very large plants and 2 aren’t too far behind them so I figured I would give them as much space as possible.

Not really sure why but this DS F2 speaks to me lol

A Wolfpack F2 is already showing its mutant side

17 Likes

I love it, man. Those are big plants and they’re doing so well now that they grew out of their minor issues. We often forget, they’re weeds, and DS is just about bulletproof. Though you may see a little extra stretch due to the HPS, many will stay compact and the others will have just enough stretch to get some space between nodes down the branches. You may need to defoliate/lollipop some because those big fans 100% shade out all the lowers.

Did you give them some extra nutrition since they stayed in those pots longer than normal? Planning to topdress or anything like that?

The one you singled out reminds me of my favorite from the F1, this fine specimen who also had a slight bit of leaf twist (sorry for the photobomb, don’t want to make people search thru my original growlog for the harvest pics):

Here are the other two F1 phenos I found:

And

OK the last thing I want to say is don’t be afraid to let them go extra long, to at least 63F and perhaps 70F. They will look ready at day 49F or 56F most likely, but SHOE recommends letting them go longer or doing a staggered harvest to find the best harvest time for you. They’re likely to be extra KO indica smoke anyway, and he recommends letting them get to about 25% amber for maximum potency.

20 Likes