Greenhighlander grows

33 transplanted so far. Out of pots for the Wolfpack atm and will likely put the cuts of Gorilla Ghani and Strawberry headband into my usual 7 gal finishing pots and veg for a bit under the 1k hps before flipping. I will be keeping one cut of each in the veg tent as mothers.

8 Likes

Koko left and a very thirsty Strawberry Headband right.

The good news other then getting them watered today is that I had thought I wouldn’t be doing anything with Koko because of her being infested with aphids. But it looks like they are pretty much gone now thanks to these larvae that look just like the ladybug larvae I had inside, except these ones have orange on the body instead of yellow. When I say it was infested I mean completely infested and I can now barely find one on the whole plant.
These are a couple of the larvae

This is a shot showing what under pretty much each leaf looked like 10 days or so ago.

So this confirms what I have read and what I observed indoors last year and that is that the larvae eat far more then the adults.

Hopefully it stays this way and I can enjoy the harvest from the biggest outdoor plant I have ever grown.
Koko

and she is nice and frosty

26 Likes

Dude nice fucking job! :1st_place_medal:

Those look like they’re darned near ready. How much longer you think they need to be optimal? Any budrot/PM? Looks freaking solid so far. Hope temps stay warm enough for a photo finish!

Oh yeah, and I think those are ladybug larvae, just maybe a slightly different variety? They look exactly the same as the ones here.

5 Likes

Mother nature and Bodhi did all the work lol

I am guessing they need about another 2-3 weeks but I also didn’t pay really close attention to when they started flowering.
The temps are suppose to stay 20c + today and tomorrow and then drop down to mid to high teens for the next two weeks with the coldest night being +9c . Not much rain forecast either so I hope the no budrot/pm continues.

They do look just like the ladybug larvae I had indoors and I am thinking they had orange markings indoors but maybe looked yellow to me under the HPS ? Either way these things eat an absolute ton of aphids compared to the adults.

7 Likes

Strawberry Headband a couple hours after having a drink.

14 Likes

38 Wolfpack F2 have been transplanted and seem happy.

11 Likes

That strawberry headband is nice and frosty.

6 Likes

Ya she is a great smoke. I am looking forward to having some jars filled with her again.

7 Likes

All 40 Wolfpack F2 have been transplanted. Also got the cut of Koko and the cut of Strawberry Headband that I will be holding back as mothers. The other 4 of each will be transplanted into 7gal root pouches and put under the big lights as soon as I am done cleaning it.

15 Likes

I love how perky they all look GHL! That first transplant is always the point where the plants decide to floor it, pedal to the metal, racing ahead. They just explode, don’t they?

Did the early WP F2 mutants grow out of it? And what happened to the other seedlings? Culled?

4 Likes

43 were planted. 1 did not break the soil and I culled one of the 2 runts. I am giving this one a little longer but will also most likely be culled.
These pots are the first nutrients they have received and they always seem to really grow afterwards.

11 Likes

Just incase anyone is wondering , when you do a run just to make seeds it creates a ridiculous amount of residual pollen that takes forever to clean lol
I sprayed everything with water and then wiped clean including the entire tent, inside all ducting , hoods , carbon filter , and inside the inline and oscillating fan and blades. The tops of the hoods had a surprising amount and quickly turned the water a yellowy brown lol
If I missed any I guess it isn’t the end of the world as I plan on hitting Koko and the Strawberry Headband with the wolfpack pollen anyway.

12 Likes

Haha that’s a pretty good point. I’ve found that it’s mostly not viable after a couple weeks in the tent, but you’re absolutely right it’s a serious pain in the ass to clean up…and it should be cleaned as a matter of principle before any new males are flowered out in that space. If you don’t clean it up 100%, even though the original pollen’s viability is decreased, you can never be sure your new chucks are what you think they are.

I personally use my vacuum that has a HEPA filter and a brush attachment to methodically touch every surface in the tent and all the lights. After the vacuuming, I give all surfaces in the tent a spray and wipedown and then another just for good measure. I take the air filter & fan down, remove the prefilter and wash it, vacuuming & wiping everything down inside and then taking it outside to perform a wet towel wash and wipedown. I do similar with the LED fixture, but not as much wet cloth wiping since it’s electrical.

Seems to work so far, but it does take quite awhile to do it right. I know you know it GHL, but for anybody else reading this, again, if you’re making seeds to share and you don’t clean up old pollen before you introduce a new male, you can never be sure what’s in any new seeds.

10 Likes

I vacuumed before spraying with water and will do it again after the second wipe down is dry. The biggest pain has been the false floor the tent has.
I figured the pollen has a some what short lifespan and it has been shut down since June . But because of the aphid issue before shutdown I figured I should be very thorough.
The first 1000w will have 8 plants ( 4 Koko and 4 Strawberry Headband ) and if everything goes as planned just as those are halfway the second 1k should be fired up and the female wolfpack f2s will be put in.

6 Likes

Speaking of pollen containment, I had to figure out a solution for an unusual problem. My outdoor plants are about 3/4 through flowering, and I just started an indoor breeding project. My air conditioner vent blows directly at my outdoor plants, I can see them swaying in the breeze whenever the ac kicks on.

So I needed a way to isolate the indoor pollen from my outdoor grow. Solution- hepa filter on the inline fan that vents the tent into the room, and hepa filters on the intakes of the air conditioner. The hepa filter on the inline fan prevents it from blowing airborne pollen into the rest of my space, and the air conditioner is filtered to capture any pollen that might escape while I have the tents open to work on the plants.

I should be safe from any cross contamination / accidental pollination.

5 Likes

Cannabis pollen in the open air is fairly short lived. Something like a couple of weeks to a month tops.

6 Likes

Looks like a great mix plants look beautiful man wish more had your ideas in how to feed differently!

2 Likes

Here is a nice little blast from the past. I think I got these in 2004-2005 ish. Way back when what I was doing was very not legal and I wouldn’t even look at a weed webpage let alone be on a forum posting lol
It is crazy the amount of hours I spent looking at all the strains

12 Likes

With 5 days of rain coming , including a single digit for a high one day , I was thinking of chopping the 2 gals outdoors today. Instead I got super stoned and used some scrap PVC pipping and greenhouse plastic to cover them until the 7 days of sun that is coming after.

There is still lots of these guys around on Koko

18 Likes

Is that a bug or a walking microchip?

6 Likes