Growin’ hemp with Lefty (BaOx, Syrian, Lebanese)

Things are developing pretty well so far. Most of the BaOx look pretty healthy. I’m starting to up the potassium a bit 140 → 180ppm and reduce the calcium slightly 165 → 150ppm. I added in a little more magnesium to boost them from 55 → 65ppm and they seem to have responded well.

The last picture is the better Willy G Lebanese… showing typical phosphorus problems. Petioles are red, lower leaves are pale green and upper leaves are bluish green. I increased the phosphorus slightly from 60 → 70ppm and shifted more of the balance to orthophosphate, which is in roughly 70/30 ortho/poly now. Some day I’ll get these plants nailed down lol. Orthophosphates uptake more quickly, so hopefully shifting around the ratios will help.

I’m gonna veg these a little longer, and take cuts from some of the BaOx. The ones in the first two pics are my favorite, with the one in the upper right being the best so far. All of the Triangle Hemp BaOx are expressing double serration. None of the BaOx x Syrian are showing double serrations, but are also only about 4-5 nodes tall so far.

I’m transplanting the BaOx x Syrians today. They really don’t seem to like being rootbound at all.

18 Likes

Top pic we have all the BaOx. I’m going to take cuts of a few tomorrow. The lower right plant is a different pheno than the other 3 – more BLD and shorter. It’s also not quite as happy as the others. I think these are gonna get big when i start flowering them.

On the bottom, the BaOx x Syrians are the short ones. They’re getting big enough for me to start flowering them all now. The Lebanese is pretty short and NLD. It’s a cute plant… a bit finicky like other Lebanese.

22 Likes

Into Flowering

A couple days ago, I started these into flowering. I am really liking the Triangle Hemp BaOx (the 4 on the left in the first picture). They have really prolific bud sites, and have an amazing stank. I took cuts of the two leftmost plants.

The really NLD plant is the Willy G, which also looks quite nice. The last ones are the BaOx / Syrians, which are much more BLD than the rest of the plants and more apical. One of them I’m 99% sure is a male, and everything else in the tent is a female.

I have 2 more BaOx/Syrians, in my male tent, one of which is a male and the other is undetermined. I’ve just started tucking the fan leaves to help promote the branching. They’re a little more apical. In the next couple days, I’ll need to do a rotation.

I lied and I’m going to make crosses. :joy: I like these plants, and Lebanese, Syrian and Hindu Kush are all my jam. I just can’t pass it up.

24 Likes

Some seriously nice plants in there @lefthandseeds, great growth! :grinning: Good size to flip too, can’t wait to see how they flower for you. Great branching on those Triangle Hemp BaOx too, wish I could smell the stank on em :drooling_face:

tenor
Lol

I’d love to grow any of the seeds you make outside this year, need more THCV and CBD in my life.

8 Likes

:joy: who was I kidding, right? I can’t resist making seeds. I wish you could smell them too. They have that familiar smell that is something of a kushy stank, a little piney and just famously recognizable as good north american cannabis. BaOx is Hindu Kush x “OTTO II”. I’m not sure exactly what the OTTO is, but man is it nice so far. I think I remember finding that it was half Nepalese somewhere.

I’ll be sure to send some hemp seeds your way. BaOx/BaOx/Syrian and Lebanese/BaOx/Syrian are both looking to have a bright future in my stable.

13 Likes

I feel your pain :rofl:

Made me curious to find out, so here it is for anyone else interested

I like the sound of that. The Willy G looks proper too :ok_hand:

9 Likes

Awesome, I’m in! :seedling:

9 Likes

Yep there you go! I’ve wondered if the Hindu Kush he used is the same one he used in “Dakini Kush” (Pre98 Bubba x Hindu Kush). That’s a nice strain I got from him. IIRC the FSL stands for “full spectrum labs”, which is who he was working with at the time to test cannabinoids. I think that’s an unknown strain he got from them.

7 Likes

These look really great. Am anxious to see these in flower and ultimately of course a smoke report. Great job managing all the new variables.

4 Likes

Thanks! It’s quite a bit of an adventure. Lots of new things going on, but fortunately a bit of some old familiarity as well. Not my first rodeo with coco or mixing nutes, but putting it all together and trying to get it right on the first go was definitely a concern!

I’m excited to smoke it too. I’ve only ever smoked a cbd strain called “the wife”, and my other experiences with CBD have all been via ingestion. If looks are any indication, I think I’ll have plenty of herb to try all kinds of things with. I definitely want to press some CBD rosin as well. We’ll see how that comes out.

9 Likes

Cool. Yea someone else here on OG had mentioned hokuseed a while back that perked my interest. I really like their passion and the projects they got going on with the minor cannabinoids. I picked up a few different strains from them that I’m looking forward to trying out this season. I was hoping to make some hash out of them that would provide a more balanced experience for the non-cannabis users in my life to hopefully break the stigma they have over it. It’s all still new to me but I’ve been vaping some 1:1 cbd/thc that I’m really enjoying, very mild yet relaxing.

5 Likes

That’s great! What’d you pick up?

I really like the Syrian strain from RSC, so their big reproduction really compelled me. I also picked up their “Syrian V” 1 & 2, because I want to hunt them for THCV. I really like their direction as well. I’m interested in looking for new effects. Psychoactive potency to me is but one of the things that cannabis has to offer. Mild anti-anxiety strains appeal to me, which I think CBD can provide. I think THCV has potential to add a slight caffeinating effect, and I have no idea what to expect from CBDV.

8 Likes

I am not sure what to expect from CBDv as well, I need to ask my hemp buddies about it since they have pounds they have been smoking and pressing. Currently have 1 CBDv seed popped heh.

6 Likes

That’s cool! What hemp strain has high CBDV?

4 Likes

I cant remember them all, but Forbidden V is one of them, I think its 1:1 CBD:CBDv possibly? Pine Walker as well.

5 Likes

I’m really interested in THCV too. Hoping for a functional, energetic high. How are you goint to hunt for it? Do you test your harvest in a lab? I can test for THC and CBD at home but don’t think there is a DIY test for THCV. Labs are not an option here for the time being.

I’m growing @Upstate’s Durban right now hoping for some THCV, you ran it too I think? How was yours regarding THCV and/or energy?

I wanted to try Willie Nelson too as the strain is said to have high THCV, but the seeds did not arrive unfortunately. I stashed Kullu and Kerala Chellakutti seeds but they will take foreeeever to grow. :laughing:

Really excited to see what you will come up with. :popcorn:

6 Likes

I’ve never tested for it before, but I know that you can use TLC plates to check for it at home. It’s hard to get the materials, but there are also a lot of labs around me that I can take samples to. I think I would want to be able to determine first if I could identify the effects at all, since it’ll run maybe $50 to get it tested. I haven’t checked the recent prices yet.

Durban I’ve heard is a good one for it. I ran Cannabiogen’s Durban, but never tested it. I smoked the shit out of it though, and sent some seeds around to some people on the site.

I’ve been entertaining ideas about which sativas I want to cross with the Syrian V, assuming I can identify a good THCV mom. I have those Chellakutti as well which crossed my mind, and I think African strains are up on my list – Ethiopian Highlands, Congo Pointe Noire, Malawi Gold. And possibly some like OT haze, Satori, Cryptic Labs Oaxacan or Eldorado.

For some like the Chellakutti, I’d probably use a male and later determine if I have the patience to go the distance with a female. :joy:

9 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the info. Time to hunt down some seeds.

Wonder what happens when you cross 1:1 THC:THCV to 1:1 CBD:CBDV… 1:1:1:1 THC:THCV:CBD:CBDV sounds like my kind of experiment… :thinking:

6 Likes

Love everything you do @lefthandseeds , glad we got smart people like you doing these things.
You seem to always have very intriguing projects going on. Keep it up

3 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement @Brokehoe! And thanks for following along.

4 Likes