Part 2: Fun with Ace - Panama/Malawi/Haze

Well I have a bunch of killer pollen to burn from some really great males. I looked through a bunch of seeds in my collection and decided to roll a couple sativas.

Male pollen sources:

• Cannabiogen Durban
  • Bodhi Jungle Spice F2 selection
  • Ace Malawi x Panama (finishing up)

Females:

• Ace Panama Haze
  • Female Seeds Grapefruit
  • Seedsman Jack Herrer
  • World of Seeds Wild Thailand

Here’s the babies, somewhere about 1-2 weeks.

World of Thailand the one far left and two to the far right. The look kinda wacky, and I’m hoping they start un-sucking.

Top of the image is Jack Herrer. They’re growing really well. Bottom center-right is panama haze and bottom center-left is grapefruit.

More interesting pictures to follow… :joy:

32 Likes

I’m rooting for the grapefruit

5 Likes

Awesome…

I really like this strain… The one grew had the most intense mango skin aroma. I think I am going spend some time to stabilise this and put it over a somango.
I have a cross over Med Seeds Channel + that throws some goood phenos but it’s a hunt, so I think I will go back to the drawing board and stabilise it at least 3 or 4 generations.

Good to see this one on the list!!!

I know that WOS get a lot of flack but I was stoked with the wild thai plants I grew… very frosty, intense lemon aroma and a very clean effect, buds can be airy however and have that ‘bush weed’ appearance, and mine were nearly 100 days in flower! I crossed this over a Crockett’s haze to bulk it out and reduce flower times. I have yet to get around to doing more work on them however…

8 Likes

That’s amazing to hear. Have you also tried the panama x malawi? I’ve read that one is also very good.

I’m hoping my WoS Thai’s pull through. They are rough looking young plants. I think 1-2 will make it, but that one that is bottom right is pretty deformed looking.

I’ve been interested in trying a couple of their strains for a while. I’ve read good nice grow reports about Kilimanjaro and the Colombian Gold. This seemed like a good grow to sample their Thai… even if it’s not 100% pure. I’ve grown pure Thai indoors and it didn’t work very well. I’m just looking to try some good, sativa or mostly sativa plants from my miscellaneous pile. These fit the bill.

6 Likes

Nah man. though I likewise have heard good reports and was seriously considering it. In the end the f2’s I made of the Malawi/Panama had enough variation that a percentage of them displayed a lot more panama than Malawi… so a much sweeter aroma, tighter bud structure and the most obvious give away trait being the purple pistils. Everything from ACE I have tried has been impressive, the Golden Tiger is another one that is worth a look.

Yeah, they are nearly impossible indoors imho, like over 120 days and stretch beyond belief! A lot of our hippy weed bagseed down here has thai heritage and anything I have messed about was just a stalky fail in a confined indoor space… I have heard that Cannabiogen Destroyer is also worth a look but have not tried it myself.
I think from memory my Wild Thai popped up looking a bit beaten up as well, but then pulled through ok.
There is a killer strain the hippies grow down here called "mullimbimbi madness’ which I think is almost a pure thai… one of these days I plan to do something with it, but again it’s massive and is going to be a shitfitght under lights.

7 Likes

It`s amazing to see how tiny and fragile they look now and the monsters they became later (specially with professional care like yours). Awesome and exotic strains, will be interesting to see them grow , much respect …

5 Likes

Looking forward to this. I have the wild Thai but have yet to grow any.

5 Likes

A solid 5 days of growth on these. TM-7 droplets on the leaves (just sprayed).

Grapefruit is winning the narrow leaf competition so far.

The janky WoS Thai in front is probably gonna runt it out. TBD on the one in the upper right… The WoS in the upper left is looking fine. A little bit mutant in the leaves, but otherwise probably going to be the best of the three.

Probably about this time next week, they’ll be headed into the pint sized pots. And less than 2 weeks from now, I’ll probably start them in flower.

8 Likes

Me too, 100%… . . .

I just noticed that the leaf tips on the Panama Haze are burned. Nutes too high @ 0.6EC!?

4 Likes

Whoa, I guess there is some truth to sativas being light feeders.

2 Likes

Just noticed that my pH drifted up to 6.9… pulled it back down to 6.0. Hopefully that will resolve the issue. If not, it’s going to be a struggle to keep all of these happy on the same res. :cold_sweat:

4 Likes

Hope that works for ya!!!

1 Like

@HaRdRoC @khaoohs Assuming everything goes well, I’ll have some testers to distribute at the end. Keep in touch!

6 Likes

Sounds good to me. Especially if you’re talking about the Grapefruit. I have some ol’ school Grapefruit that, makes MASSIVE colas, and is some of the sweetest tasting bud I’ve tried, but they’re over 10 years old, and don’t know how viable they still are… I sent 20 to @RiekoX in a trade. I only got 7 left, to try out again sometime.
Long story short, BIG fan of Grapefruit.
Best of luck, hope the ph fixes your problem and you don’t have a few finicky strains in the same rez.

8 Likes

Ya a friend back in the day used to rock the sweet pink grapefruit real deal original, was always really nice!

4 Likes

10 Likes

Panama Haze is an alltime favorite that I’ve grown a ton of. The best grows I’ve had used ten parts nute-free ProMix to one or two parts Ocean Forest. They can only take a little nitrogen. The’ll really fatten up with the addition of PK during their long flowering period. I usually use concentrated liquid seaweed, 0-4-4, I get shipped to me from SaltWaterFarms in Maine.

5 Likes

Things are starting to pick up with these little ones. They all seemed to respond pretty well after I corrected the pH, so I think I can put that issue behind me.

Today, I’m collecting pollen from the Malawi x Panama males I got from @8k_feet. So these will be up-potted and put into flowering today or tomorrow.

One of the Wild Thai is a total runt and I’ll probably chuck it. Another is starting to do better and the other will probably pick up as well. I just need to straighten her out with a clip like I did with her sister.

Jack Herrer’s, Panama Haze and Grapefruit are all looking good. I need to get the PH into flower ASAP!!!

8 Likes

Malawi x Panama pollen collection

Electric toothbrush time. The shorty was super productive. Separated the phenos and collected into 2 little bins. Yup, I think we can make some seeds.

Into the desiccation box with ye! This is shaping up to be a nice ol fashioned pollen chuck.

12 Likes