Growing on the cheap! Korean Natural Farming

flowers, stems, leaves and dont forget the root!
best to pick right before the flowers open

3 Likes

Ok im in. I have 4o grams of dandelions and 40 grams of sugar I feel like the fermented plant matter is the gateway knf.

4 Likes

I just finished making another batch of LBS this one turned out a little different to my first on most noticeably color and the fizziness. The milk I used was different this time. Really creamy full cream organic milk and took about 6 days to complete

Is the LAB serum really fizzy? when I siphoned out the serum it had a little head on it like a beer

2 Likes

@invisible ,Lactose acid bacillus ,is serim what a leftover from making Yogurt ,Greek yogurt ,I like to make saving the serums
.thanks yawl ,Cal, tropical fl…

1 Like

Anybody have some input on knf concoctions for pest management? Specifically for the two-spotted spidermite (Tetranychus urticae).
The bastards finally found me.

Thinking about just introducing Phytoseiulus persimilis throughout the tents as a precaution….but wanna weigh my options (& maybe experiment).

2 Likes

I would start with anything you can find, the longer you leave those bastards to breed the harder it is to get rid of them. If they are small plants wrap the pots with plastic bags so the soil doesn’t come out and submerge them upside down in water and some type of safe suffacant for 30 minutes, to allow the water to get around the mites as they can have a fine layer of air between the leaf and water.

Like this

6 Likes

Happy Memorial Day, (US) guys.

No worries there, that plant is gone already. I have five separate locations, So It will take time to check everything anyways. Plus I’m scheduled to work today.

With it being a holiday, I have the rest of the day to come up with a plan.

4 Likes

My first LABS. Does it look right?

Whole process took 5 days

13 Likes

looks like mine usually does when its done

5 Likes

Ohh yeaaaa looks good!
Liquid gold there. I just saw 1L for $35 at the grow store.

3 Likes

looks good!

1 Like

wheat bran? that’s new to me lol, yeah it’s gotta be just an air plug - I hear saurkraut people use a plastic baggie full of water to great use, and they sell little glass rounds to hold everything underwater, too, in case you’re looking for something that feels more legit

1 Like

you might want to look at JADAM, esp. the orange book by Cho (son of KNF’s Dr. Cho), they have a stronger focus on diy IPM than knf. I can’t speak for it though as I’ve only used their JLF and JMS recipes, but it’s basically DIY horticultural soap and sulphur, along with some other classic stuff like soaking peppers, bay leaves, etc. Been awhile since I read up :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Goddamn, you weren’t kidding dude. In two days time these things are decimating leaf surfaces on more than I originally spotted them on! :sweat::sweat:

I really hope these beneficials do what Arbico said they would. I’m getting nervous/discouraged…

4 Likes

They are probably on every plant, the problem is you don’t see them until they have done a fair bit of damage and are rampant. After 6 months of struggling to kill them off, every time I thought they were gone, they were back 4 weeks later on a different plant. I had to shut my grow down for 6 months to finaly get rid of them.

3 Likes

I finally got around to doing an IMO collection.
Looks like I definitely have some good but maybe some bad as well?
Is the green trichederma looking stuff bad? Should I try again?

8 Likes

Don’t have the answer for you in the green stuff bud but that’s some good lookin’ fuzz

3 Likes

Did you continue to IMO2? I would have mixed and let it colonize, that’s a lot of good action.

5 Likes

No, went to compost pile. Got another going now. Will be dryer this week hopefully :pray:

3 Likes

Right on. It’s good there too lol.
Last month I did a few “imo bombs” in glass jars. It was nice to be able to cover lots of areas with minimal effort. Just buried the jars with rosin bags over the top. Had 33% colonize. And took 1 to imo2

Just picked up a few cone shaped baskets at a rummage that I’ll clean up and use. Hoping to cover a few depths with the cone shape.

Fun stuff

10 Likes