Growing out the seeds that were gifted to me

Hey brothers and sisters, got some more pictures for ya.

As I said earlier in the week, I harvested my Durbans, 74, the bushy one and 75, the columnar. My thanks to both @Baudelaire nd @Jellypowered or providing me with the opportunity to grow these plants.

Hereā€™s a photo of 75 on harvest day.

I was waiting on both Durban plants to develop amber trichomes before harvesting. I may have a color vision problem with the amber trikes because I saw a small number of them in my bi-weekly microscope checks. It seemed the field was filled with cloudy and clear, but only a few that looked amber to me. I am color blind in reds and greens and the amber trikes may have one or both colors as a component.

I think I waited too long harvest these plants. The microscope views looked better on day 72 and progressively worse in the days following. By that I mean, subsequent views showed less trichome heads in each microscope viewing.

It is interesting to note that branches I marked as being seeded, had the life on it dying. You canā€™t see the soft twist ties on them in this photo, but you can figure which they are by looking at the leaves on them.

Here is a photo of each of how each of the plants looked just before I cut them down.

When I harvested 74, she was 30.25" tall and weighed 326.0 grams (wet) after cutting down. 75 was 43.5" tall and weighed 314.5 grams (wet)

These plant were very easy to trim. Theyā€™re not real leafy like the plants Iā€™ve grown previously.

There will be plenty of seeds. After curing, Iā€™ll be posting a giveaway. At this time, shaking each plant fairly hard inside a garbage bag netted 15-20 seeds each plant so they need to dry more to remove them. I pollinated the Durbans as soon as I had pollen. The females barely had pubic hairs when I spread male cum all over their curlies. These beans are as mature as possible.

Iā€™ll be interesting to see how long it takes for these to cure. With the thin buds, more air can come in contact with the flower, so Iā€™m thinking it may be quicker than normal.

For my grow, I prefer the bushy plant. It was more heavily populated. Iā€™d love to have all my plants be 30" tops, if they would yield like this one. As I mentioned in a nprevious post, I am moving toward getting my plants into Flowering earlier so I can keep the height down. This one held itself short, no training was necessary.

My next 2 plants (courtesy of @ReikoX , 90 and 91, are just the right size! Their heights have stabilized at 24.5" and 24.0" respectively. 91 looks a bit more dense, but I think both will yield nicely.

Speaking of LR x LD yields. 80 gave me 21.5 grams of smoking material after I removed about 1000 seeds. Thatā€™s just an eyeball count. When I clean out the remaining seeds, Iā€™ll do a weigh count. I harvested her at 14.0" tall and full of seeds. I canā€™t wait until these finish. All muffin top! Should be 35-40 grams each. Not bad use of previously excess space in my Veg chamber. :smiley:

It doesnā€™t smell as berry like as it did while growing, but it does have a pleasant scent to it, almost floral. It it a nice easy smoke. Iā€™ve smoke 2 joints of it (smoking one now) and only coughed a few times, just a nice, mellow smoke, for a nicely mellow high. I feel very relaxed, but functional. I couldnā€™t have asked for more for my first diversion from my Purple and Blond. :thumbsup: Kudos to @ReikoX for making these awesome little guys!

My next 2 photos are of (BC Mango x BC Night Nurse) x Diesel Moonshine green phenotype (via the generosities of both @Kalgrae and @Jellypowered). Thanks to brother @Gaz29 for noticing that I forgot to include the green phenotype in my previous posts.

These are 2 very healthy looking plants. These are the 2 seedlings whose little beaks were glued shut. 97 has looked totally normal for a while now, notice it the photo, how normal 96 looks as well. If you only looked straight down on it, youā€™d never see that it started its first hand layer with only one hand. Each layer after built more and more of a second hand. It is amazing how quickly a seedling corrects itself from a birth defect. Wouldnā€™t it be awesome if birth defect in human babies could correct itself in time. Say a baby born missing an arm. No one panics because the child will finish growing it by the time he is 2.

These youngsters are so healthy that 98 is taller than and has the same number of layers as 97.

I love seedlings when they get to this stage, the bigger they get, the bigger they can get, and it happens quickly. I feel like if I could relax enough to just watch one for an hour, Iā€™d actually see it grow.

Iā€™m keeping my fingers crossed for 1 boy, 3 girls. Wouldnā€™t you?

My sole OG Kush has always looked kind of twisted up. Iā€™m sure this will correct soon enough. @sebring sent me a message about these seeds likely to be herms. Good to know. Iā€™m not passing up on OG Kush bud due to getting a herm. It can live in my Male Room. Iā€™m almost as excited about smoking me some OG Kush as I am about my Sweet Tooth, which will be here first.

I put 6 of Cannabeizeinā€™s Chuy Purps x Second Sight seeds (thanks to a giveaway from @pookie123 in to soak on 7/22/2018 at 11:00 PM. I used basically the same SeedSoak as with the OG Kush seeds, but I added a little nutrition into it this time.
5 parts water pH adjusted RO water
1 part 3% H2O2
Ful Power fulvic acid at rate of 35ml/gallon
SuperThrive at rate of .25ml/gal
CleanKelp kelp fertilizer at a rate of 1.25ml/gallon

I placed them into a 1oz container 2/3 full of my SeedSoak, set the container on the heat mat in my clone/seed box. I put an inverted plastic drinking cup over it to block the light I checked in on them about every 6-8 hours.

When I looked at them at the 36 hour mark I was disappointed to find all 6 still floating. I wasnā€™t panicking though, since my SeedSoak is one sixth H2O2 and all the seeds had unshakable oxygen bubbles attached all over them. I shook them a couple of times to see if any sunk. Theyā€™d go down to the bottom and float right back up. One had an odd look about it, unbalanced looking. When I put on my 5x magnifying visor I saw it was open and had a tiny nub where a tap root was going to be.

I decided it was in no danger of drowning with the bubbles all over it, and I had a dentist appointment so I put it back on the heat mat until about 4:00 PM. All still floated, but 4 had various length tap roots, 2 were not cracked at all. The two that remained unopened, I let dry back out for 20 hours before soaking them again.

I then put the germinating seeds on a paper towel moistened with my SeedSoak for another 6 hours. When I looked in on them, this is how they looked:

Now, at germination day 4, all four are visible above the coco.

104 is smaller than the other 3, but it is still visible in the center of the pot.

One last thing, I received 4 beans from a @deep_rob seed giveaway 2 days ago. They are The Black x Champagne, regular seeds, they are an indica dominant.

Checkout the tiny bottle they shipped in. It looks just large enough to hold a dozen seeds.:smiley: I wasnā€™t expecting them because I never got contacted, so I thought Iā€™d missed out. Imagine my surprise when they showed up. I had to look up in my messages to see who sent them. Thatā€™s the kind of surprise I love!

Thatā€™s all for now,
C50

12 Likes

Hey Gang, how are we all doing today?

My Durbans (from @Baudelaireā€™s FDM Seeds, through @Jellypowered) are curing. They are drying faster than solid bud plants dry. I turned off the heat in my curing locker to slow them down.

Iā€™ve been smoking my LowRyder x LaDiva for a couple of days now. I love it! I feel it gets me more high than either my Purple or Blonde does most likely because I am so accustomed to them. The taste is similar to my Purple, but the Purple makes me cough more than the LR x LD.

I am very happy with it and anxious to see a seedless yield.

**Edit:**These 2 have stopped stretching. Good thing, Iā€™d need to raise My SolSheet if they hadnā€™t. End of edit.

Thanks again @ReikoX, awesome little plant you made. :thumbsup::smiley:

I re-arranged my Flowering room yesterday. Iā€™d had 7 large plants in there, but Iā€™ve harvested 4 of them this week. I am down to 2 small plants (ST4 clones), 1 Purple (the last one for a long while, I have too many other seeds to grow out before I get back to them) and the 2 female ST4. I left a single shelf under the lamp for the small plants coming up and most of the space under the lamp is floor. Iā€™d had a 4ā€™ x 3ā€™ piece of 3/4" plywood under the lamp, so the large plants had to to be right at the very edge of the 42" umbrella reflector, Now all 3 are directly under the reflector, for now.

One of my (BC Mango x BC Night Nurse) x Diesel Moonshine (from @Kalgrae, through @Jellypowered), green phenotype, #97, has shown her sex at 41 days since germination. It is one of the older seedlings.

The primordial pistils are so tiny as to not be able to see them naked eye. Once I found them with the 5x MagniVisor, I was able to see them with a pair of 2.5x reading glasses. Iā€™ll try to photograph them when they get large enough that wonā€™t worry about damaging the plant to get a shot.

I put my 1 OG Kush (from @Sebring) into the Veg chamber 3 days ago.

The leaves were originally twisted somewhat. This photo is from yesterday. You can see it is smoothing out now. I wonā€™t be doing anything other than growing her out. When I have some high indica, or pure indica, pollen, Iā€™ll grow more and pollinate. Everything Iā€™ve read on the subject indicates if a herm plant gets pollinated with pollen that is not a herm, it should eliminate the herm trait.

Cannabeizeinā€™s Chuy Purps x Second Sight seeds (thanks to a giveaway by @pookie123). I have 4 that are doing very nicely.

When only 4 popped to start with, I let the non cracked seeds dry for 24 hours then soaked them for 20 hours. Still no joy. I let them dry for another 22 hours and soaked again. This time, a 5th one popped yesterday.

I buried it in coco this afternoon around 1:00 pm. I let the last seed dry for about 19 hours. The sixth one is back to soaking again.

My Sweet Tooth #4 plants that I bought from @Baudelaireā€™s FDM Seeds are doing great. I took these photos yesterday on Flowering day 36.

They have stopped stretching #82 is 40" tall, #83 is 41.75" tall. They are both very happy and healthy. Their buds look fantastic and they have approximately 3 weeks left in flowering

The top buds on my Purples looked like that 1 week later in Flowering. According to FDM Seeds, ā€œKnown for massive fist-sized buds thickly encrusted with trichomes,ā€ I can expect them to get much larger yet.

I decided to remove the large leaves from #83. Since the stretch is done, Iā€™d expect them to no longer be necessary and they were throwing shade on a ton of flowers below them. I left the leaves intact with #82 to see if there is noticeable difference at harvest day.

I made a joke about whether these are cannabis or palms a few weeks back. Here are 2 leaves from 83:

These are the largest leaves Iā€™ve seen in person. The leaf stems are as thick as the stems of cuttings I take for cloning.

I hope you all enjoyed todayā€™s installment of my grow show.
C50

9 Likes

Hello everyone.

Here is a photo of the ST4 plant I am reversing, #84.

It was taken in my new Male room. I used a 2ā€™ x 4ā€™ wire rack with only 2 shelves. The sides can be moved together and apart to accommodate more plants. This pic is the normal color for the 120W 3000K bulb (no flash used). I like this color much better for taking pics under than the HPS.

This is a closeup on the top bud. It shows my progress (or lack of) reversing.

This shot was taken using a flash so you can see more detail. Notice how it still looks like a female. Most of the pistils died back off, but the flowering still looks fem. I believe it is because:

• I started a week into Flowering per the instructions I had.
  • I sprayed every 5 days per the instructions I had.
  • I didnā€™t stored it in the frig between uses, instructions said nothing about storage, just to use it up within 2 months
  • I used the entire plant instead of a branch or two.
  • I didnā€™t buy a large enough bottle to do an entire plant.
  • I sprayed it under three 15W LED spots, then put it back under the HPS. Instructions said nothing about photo sensitivity, only heat.
  • I sprayed at the start of the Flowering day.

It may be just too late in the Flowering cycle to accomplish reversing, but I am not giving up, its already only good for feeding a fire. To try to get there, I am now spraying every 3rd day. I spray just after the lamp goes off. I am covering the coco surface with news print to avoid feeding STS to the roots (apparently very bad for the roots). I spray mainly the buds and bud sites, until it drips off. I will probably cut off the cola because it is so dense, I canā€™t see males being able to develop there. The rest of the bud sights have much smaller female flowers and will likely be more welcoming to stamen.

There is necrotic tissue in all the leaves from the spray. I am glad I followed the consensus and diluted at 1:9. Iā€™m afraid Iā€™d have lost the plant by now (4 applications) if I hadnā€™t.

I am glad I started with a plant from a group of 3. Had I started with a single, difficult to pop bean, Iā€™d be seriously mad at myself right now.

My recent experience and research has laid out a new plan.

I mixed my own stock solutions to use to make STS. I used the mathematically correct formula and made 100ml of silver nitrate and 400ml of sodium thiosulfate. I mixed these in light so low I needed to let my eyes get adjusted before I could get started. Both solutions have photo sensitivity, so the less light the better. I added 10ml silver nitrate solution slowly into 40ml of sodium thiosulfate stirring the whole time. I poured the STS mix into 450ml of distilled water in a 500ml brown glass spray bottle. I covered the bottle with a black sock and stored it in the frig until the next day.

The silver nitrate stock solution is stored in a black plastic bottle, the sodium thiosulfate stock solution is in a 500ml brown glass bottle and it is wearing the other black sock from the pair. The stock solutions are also stored in the frig now, as well as the 99% silver nitrate powder and the 99% sodium thiosulfate pentahydrate powder. The powders are stored in a small shipping box with desiccant.

I will be mixing the STS spray on the day of the first use. Iā€™ll chose the plant I want to reverse as soon the primordia are visible to the unaided eye. Spray it and give it its first 12 hour night. I want to start it that early to keep the size to about 24-30". Also, since the plant is just starting to make flowers, the reversal will likely be accomplished the quickest this way. Iā€™ll spray every 3rd day unless the plant starts to look sick.

4 Likes

@Baudelaire, I had forgotten I left these questions unanswered.

When I said a week, I meant I covered the branch for about an hour, 2 times, a week apart. Too often my typing gets ahead of my thoughts. Kind of amazing, considering how slow I type. :confounded:

The closest branches got a bit of pollination from hermed branch. Since I did this around day 12, when the pistils started growing in noticeable bunches. There was usually prolific growth going an each plant I did it with, so it likely happened from branches rubbing on each other when the oscillating fan cycled to the plant.

The few times I got male seed was early on. At that time, I had regular seed in my inventory, so it is entirely possible. Also, some memories get opaque from time to time. I do remember being convinced that they came from the herm process. Unfortunately, this happened at a time when my record keeping was spotty, so I canā€™t even look it up. I tried.

I donā€™t think so. That wouldā€™ve made me very curious and I think I would have remembered it.

Sorry to keep you hanging, but I get distracted too easily.

Cheers

1 Like

Hello OG brothers and sisters.

Happy news, the seeds @MadScientist sent me have finally arrived! The first part of the wait was worth it. @MadScientist got a lot of seeds from @Pedro_Bann to add to the give away. Originally, I was expecting 5 (I think) Pure Kush fem seeds. I got 3 of the Pure Kush fem seeds, 3 Chemdawg fem seeds and 13 of @Pedro_Bannā€™s favorite cross:
Whazzupā€™s Kronocaine x (Dinafem Big Kush x Sannieā€™s Herijuana).

They were stuck in USPS Inbound Customs prison for 5 weeks. I will be working them into my schedule here.

Thanks again, @MadScientist!

Cheers,
C50

5 Likes

Hello Overgrow.:wave:

I have a seed giveaway active at this link for the Durban seeds if anyone is interested:

I got an mailing from Strainly a few days before my check came. I usually delete this type of email, but I am very anxious lately because of 2 seed mailings that never reached me, despite the post officeā€™s tracking saying one WAS delivered. When I get very anxious and have no other release for it, I spend money. In the early 90ā€™s my (late, ex-) wife and I both did that. We had SO MUCH credit card debt!

Anxiety is the main reason I am not a big sativa fan. Yes, they give a nice clear head, but they up my anxiety level. The indica relaxes me which reduces my anxiousness.

Anyway, when I got to Strainly, I looked up indicas for giggles. They had a very nice selection. When I found one I liked, I decided to find out how they expected to get paid. Apparently many of them only accept PayPal. It seems that if you pay them as a gift to a friend, the only electronic record of it is you paying a friend $XX.00. I ordered 5 different types of seeds:

Rusty OG Kush F2 (5 reg seeds)
Tajikistani Hash Plant F3 (5 reg seeds)
Mazar-i-Shariff x Mazar-i-Shariff (5 reg seeds)
Chocolate Kush, (10 fem seeds)
Warrior Kush (Sweet Tooth x Afghani) (5 reg seeds, this is the only one of the 5 that isnā€™t 100% indica)

Fortunately for me, not everyone at Strainly is looking for top dollar for their beans. These were very reasonably priced, even with S&H. Now, if I can trust the USPS, the first 3 strains in the above list, which are coming from within the US and will be here tomorrow. The others are coming from Canada. I trust the USPS even less with international mail, Canada Post tracking has estimated to arrive Tuesday and Thursday.

I am going to have to squeeze one of those badasses in between gifted seed runs. I havenā€™t smoked 100% indica in about 15 years and am really looking forward to it. :grinning:

My ST4s are the oldest plants still growing already. They are looking great on flower day 48.

The one I removed the bulk of leaves from, 83, has flowers on the next layer down from top where the a good portion of pistils have turned. This is the time I used to harvest Purples. Their pistils turn in the late mid to late 40 days Flowering as well. These plants have a very pleasant aroma. I canā€™t really name it, but Iā€™d buy a plug in room deodorizer in bulk if it smelled the same.

I snagged a bud that was about 1" around a couple of days ago and left it sit out to dry. I donā€™t have the patience to let it finish and get cured, I am to anxious. Gotta try out as soon as it is dry. :grinning:

Here is the reversal project, plant 84:

As you can see, I cut the top off of her, right after I removed the leaves causing shade. I was right about the dense female buds making it difficult to grow male genitalia. Look at the small buds closer to the central stalk. Youā€™ll see a bunch of banana shaped pollen sacks. The leaves were causing so much shade, the male flowers were able to overcome female flowers in these locations. There are a small number of these bananas. Unless more come in, Iā€™ll unlikely gather pollen from this plant. As an extra plant, this was an excellent learning experience. Had I waited so long (my instructions said to wait until it had been Flowering for a week) with one I was counting on, Iā€™d be really angry with the results.

The female buds look as though they may contain seeds. It they do, Iā€™ll certainly collect them.

I am planning on using 84 for make concentrate. Does anyone have a reason not too. The STS soaks into the plant matter. Does it effect the gooey goodness. Iā€™ll seeā€¦

I had taken 2 lower branches from 84 before it went into Flowering. Those became the clones 94 & 95, that will be the next harvest after the original plant after 84.

I cut off the top 4.5" of each when theyā€™d been Flowering for 9 days.

So, while I am on the subject of the Sweet Tooth #4, here is a photo of the rooted clones from 94 and 95, they are 107 and 108.

They have not only rooted (8 days :grinning:), they are just about back to Veg mode. The center top mass was pistils. Now, those pistils are starting to look like leaves.

I expect they will show some growth in the next week.

Edit added the paragraph an photos of plants 94 & 95.

5 Likes

@ReikoX, how do you like the way your LR x LD plants are growing for me? I am most pleased, myself.

90 & 91 were on Germ day 72 when this shot was taken. I removed all the shade causing leaves about 1 week before this was taken. I just love my muffin tops, bro. The top leaves are just starting to change color here. I am looking forward to when they turn to yellow and purple, they are so beautiful like that.

@Jellypowered & @Kalgrae, below is the (BC Mango x BC Nightnurse) x (Diesel Moonshine) green phenotype male on Flower day 6

His flowers have finally become visible to the unaided eye.

Here are the females:

This photo was taken on the same day as the picture of the male. They are growing very quickly now. Iā€™ll be putting them into Flowering tomorrow (Friday). The male will be at Flower day 8 at that point. I needed the male to be at least a week ahead of the girls so I can pollinate them as early as possible. I like my seeds to get as mature as possible.

@Sebring, this is my OG Kush:

She looks so good now. Whatever had her leaves twisty early on has run its course. This is the most indica plant I have going. Since she is the only one I have at the moment, Iā€™m letting her get large enough to get some good clones from, then she can go in. I may use her for my next reversing project, since I have 2 more ST4 clones rooted and planted that can go in when she was scheduled to go.

@pookie123, the Chuy Purps x Second Sight are growing their 3rd layer of serrated leaves:

They were on Germ day 17 when this picture was taken. They are heading down the right path! Itā€™ll be another 14-18 days before I know sex. My last group of 4 gave me 2 ladies and 2 studs. Iā€™m optimistically hoping for 1 rooster and 3 hens.

Thatā€™s all for now, my friends.
C50

9 Likes

Those LR x LD are looking good bro! These one sinsemilla?

2 Likes

Yes it is. Just a short time left until I harvest them. Iā€™ll get my F1s LR x LD in next and see if my pollen survived for an F2 generation. :smiley:

Love these little ladies :heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

Well, the Post Office surprised me today. My seeds from New420GuySeeds (Strainly) did arrive today as indicated by the tracking app. I not only got the 3 100% indica strains I was expecting, He threw in 4 regular seeds of Purple Maze Kush, another 100% indica, for free.

Iā€™ll be definitely bebuying from him again. He has many seeds for $5/bean or less. He has some really pretty purple plants where the buds are purple while growing, and a Blueberry strain that has blue buds during Flowering. I want some of those just for the aesthetics, the buzz will be a bonus. :smiley:

7 Likes

interesting, itā€™s similar to Johnny Hempseed Collective except these guys charge money:

https://www.new420guyseeds.net/index.php/about-us

I can already see the description for JHC - ā€œwe are a group of extremely high individuals living on the North Shore of Boston, Massachusettsā€¦ā€

1 Like

I never heard about this organization. Do they have a website? I did a search and only came up with this:
https://www.johnnyhempseedllc.com/shop

I donā€™t think it is the same as the Collective you mentioned.

Just your other two/three indicas to get now and you can chillax about buying online eh budā€¦ good to see you got your indica beans @Cobra50.
Have a great time growing/smoking em ā€¦

Gaz

Iā€™m not really relax about it yet, @Gaz29, but after a week or three, my anxiety over these first purchases will fade and I will be chillaxed at least with the sellers Iā€™ve already used.

I have very little trust in the USPS right now. Iā€™m (trying to be) patiently waiting on some auto beans to arrive from a friend overseas. I wonder how long they will be in Customs prison. The beans @MadScientist sent were in USPS Customs prison for a full month!

I always do, bud. :smiley:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be responding you some autos, hope they make it this time. If not, F it. Iā€™ll send it UPS or DHL LMAO.

:grin::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Good day, my OverGrow family. I havenā€™t done an update in a while. I was very busy the last 11 days with my seed giveaway. So letā€™s jump right in, shall we.

I am still waiting on my tall Durban to finish its cure to be able to say what weight I got from it. The bushy one gave me 48 grams of smoking material and about 7 grams hashable material. It has been stored in a mason jar for over a week now. When I open the jar to exchange gasses, it smells just like the live plant did, a nice mild orangy pine fragrance.

First update are my Sweet Tooth 4s. These are from the pack of seeds I purchased from @Baudelaire. I took these photos on 8-21 and started harvesting today. All the ST4s have been in Flowering for 61 days. There are good many trikes that have turned amber, so I am adjusting the Flowering time for them to 60 days in the Strain table in my database. This is where the number of Flowering days will come from for an automatic Harvest date estimate on the next entry.

First up, the all girl plants.

I see the tags didnā€™t make into the view. The one on the left is 82, the right is 83. I removed all the leaves throwing shade from 83 seventeen days ago. I did this because Iā€™ve seen many YouTube videos claim a higher yield by doing this. I have the ability to do this, without worrying if Iā€™ll get enough from my harvest. I also took all the shade leaves from one of the next ST4 clones eighteen days ago, when the stretch minimized, to see the effects on longer term bud growth. More on that in a few minutesā€¦

Looking at the above photo, it doesnā€™t look as though removing those leaves improved the yield at all. Top buds were nearly identical when I did, and now 82 appears to have larger buds.

Iā€™ll try to remember to get a comparison shot after trimming both. Something I notice immediately was that 82 (still had leaves) drank a LOT more than 83 from that point on, so I was pretty sure in the first few days there would be no improvement in buds size on the stripped plant.

Here is some bud porn from 82 and 83:

I didnā€™t have the lighting right for the frosty view. Most of these pics are taken with my iPad Mini. I like its photos better than my camera, lots of mega-pixels doesnā€™t guarantee a clear image at 100% size. The iPad images look much better at full image size. It doesnā€™t have a flash, so I am working under 3 led spot lights and 3 cfl bulbs in umbrella reflectors

Number 84 is the female I reversed. This was both a success and a failure.

After removing all the material that was growing female flowers and shade leaves, I had visible male buds all over the small, popcorn buds. The problem is that they were all micro sized flowers that made bananas that were 2-4mm long. They were too difficult to collect from. I got just enough to see on the bottom of 2 small containers, hopefully I can get a handful of seeds from the 2 clones in Veg when they go into Flowering next week. :fingerscrossed: If not, this was a trial that wasnā€™t necessary and it taught me a lot through. I have no doubt the next reversal will be more successful.

I had thought about letting 84 keep growing for 4-5 weeks to get seeds from it, but there is no way of knowing which seeds are all ST4 and which seeds are part @Kalgraeā€™s BC Mango, Diesel Nightnurse, green pheno(number 98), that has been raining pollen in the Maleroom for the last 4 days, so Iā€™m killing it today along with 98 (more on that in a few minutes).

This brings us up to the 1st set of ST4 clones, 94 and 95.

Number 95 is the ST4 clone I removed the shade makers from. They looked a whole lot more the same size in every possible manner before the defoliating.

It is visible here as well as it had been on #84. So far, the one retaining it leaves, 94, is drinking almost twice as much as the one trimmed and the buds are already larger. Iā€™ll really have to wait another month before seeing for certain, but right now, it seems, the Sweet Tooth #4 plants are NOT receptive to this treatment.

This is a good time to segue-way into 90 and 91, my LowRyder x LaDivas from @Reikox. I also removed the shade makers from both of them. I did this the same day I did the largest ST4, #83. They were on germ day 69, 18 days ago.

Here is the last shot I have of them before defoliating, it was 8 days previous.

Here is what they look like today:

These plants have responded very positively from this. Even what would normally be popcorn are much larger. This will be standard treatment for these plants in the future.

These girls have another 5 days to go to reach the point that #80 was at trichome wise. I only got 22 grams from 80. This weed was sooo good, I burned it up in just 2 weeks. I stand by my earlier estimates of 35-40 grams per plant with these two ladies.This weed was an excellent, smooth, pleasant tasting smoke that has just enough sativa influence to keep awake until the partyā€™s over. :thumbsup: These are going to be a frequent guest in my Veg chamber!

Since these will harvest in about 5 days, they has some pretty good bud porn for you as well:

Iā€™m going to break here for a while. When I come back, the first plants in discussion will be about numbers 96 & 97, @Kalgraeā€™s (BC Mango x BC Night Nurse) x Diesel Moonshine, green phenotype.

More later, friends.
C50

9 Likes

Damn you did the LRxLD proud this time! Making me want to pop some for my personal.

4 Likes

So your at what day 88 ? on the LRxLD, well from germ so say day 85 from sprout ?

As for the defoliation, looks like you have the hang of it now. Myself i typically only remove the leaves that are either shading bud sites or are stacking on top of other leaves, whether their own or another plants.

Kinda two fold why i do it, first is when shading another leaf i find the plant senses the less light and then tries and proceeds to stretch to try and grab more light whether fighting with its neighbour or itself. Second is by removing the leaves that block bud sites, it allows you to get more light down onto those buds, which in turn grow a bit bigger and more importantly to me, finish quicker and denser in comparison to if they were shaded.

Looking good btw.

3 Likes

Thank you so much, @ReikoX. I had good seeds to work with! :wink:

I canā€™t tell you what to grow for yourself, but I can repeat, these gems are going to be frequent inhabitants in my Veg area. You done great with these seeds!

Yes, exactly. They both took 3 days to be ready to bury. I usually go by germination day with seeds so I can give an age of a group of seedlings that were started together, since sprout time can vary a few days.

That is the way I usually do it. I also remove leaves the plant is wanting to get rid of. I am so far ahead of my needed stash, I decided it would be a good time to try it. The LowRydinDivas really thrive on it. With the ST4s, Iā€™ll go back to treating them the normal way.

2 Likes

Ok, friends, stoners and OverGrowers, here is the remainder of my grow update from yesterday.

Iā€™ll start today with @Kalgraeā€™s (BC Mango x BC Night Nurse) x Diesel Moonshine, green phenotype (this strain is begging for a shorter name!!!).

These girls seem to want to be 4ā€™ tall or more. I am leaving them in the 6" pots until they slow the stretch to a crawl. When I get 2-3 foot tall plants, they are easier to clean at harvest time and the smallest buds are much bigger than with the really tall plants, since they are closer to the light.

I moved these into the Maleroom to pollinate them without passing the pollen on to other plants. Anyone know how long is a safe period to segregate before moving back to Flowering?

I also have a clone from both females in the nursery.

Edit: I had this pic in the wrong spot.
It took me a couple of days to decide to take 2 clones, which is why the gap. I put 4 of my F1 LRxLD seedlings in the nursery between 109 and deciding I wanted a second one. I took these on Flower day 2 (109) and Flower day 4 (114).

I have the male I kept in flowering in the Maleroom.

Heā€™s been flowering for 20 days, having started dropping pollen on Flower day 16 and I already have more than enough pollen to pollinate his sisters and have plenty left over for future use. In time, I want to breed these to a shorter stature, but I still have too many new types to spend time doing that at the moment. When I have grown out all the seed types, Iā€™ll know which are my favorites. Iā€™ll then start selective breeding with them first. Iā€™m not deliberately making on any crosses until that time as well. I want to know what I am getting from each before deciding to mix strains.

Ok, we are down to my OG Kush.

I put her in Flowering 4 days ago. I mixed up a fresh batch of STS and started a round of STS treatments on the 2 lowest branches. I isolated them during spraying to prevent poisoning the higher up branches. Iā€™ll be happy if the only thing I get from this is new seeds. I debated whether to do this or not for a long time, since I have more seed left. I had decided not to do it, all the way up until I decided I was going to do it anyway.

A comment about STS. I am certain the STS I purchased wasnā€™t as strong as what I made. The instructions that came with it said nothing about refrigerating between uses, nor did it say the solution was light sensitive, it only warned about heat.

I saw a lot more difference from spraying my home mixed STS. It could be because I left it on a warm shelf and did nothing to reduce light it received. It seemed to work at first, so this is likely the reason. However, mine is mixed stronger and works faster. so I expect the reversal of #100 to go smoothly.

Iā€™m having a really difficult deciding what should go into germination next. I have 5 new 100% indicas that I just got and I really want to start one. I also have The Black x Champagne from @deep_rob that sounds totally interesting. But there are folks that have been patiently to see some of their seeds growing, so I settled on some of @99percentā€™s XJ medley that @Jellypowered sent me in the very beginning. I just made this decision this morning. It will be two weeks before they go into germ. I am trying to schedule seed germing a month between each, with clones starting halfway between.

After that, itā€™ll be either @deep_robā€™s Black Champagne (I like that name, what do you think, @deep_rob?) or Chocolate Kush I purchased recently. It is sooo cool to have trouble deciding among many kinds to grow next.

Thatā€™s my update for today, friends, I hope yā€™all are enjoying your grows as much as I am mine.

Peace, family.
C50

Edit continued:
I forgot to mention the Chuy Purps x Second Sight I received form @pookie123.

Three are doing great, one (105) looks very strange. It didnā€™t look like that last week. It may have pests, although Iā€™ve looked and not found any. Last night I top fed it and it looks much better now. So now Iā€™m thinking I started bottom feeding too soon for this seedling. It has 3 roots showing out the bottom, but maybe not enough to support the plant.

I bottom feed as a method of preventing fungus gnats. Thrips like the bottom of the plant, but if I watch while feeding, the 2nd time I fill the drain dish, if the plant has thrip larvae, I can see them on the top of the water. They congregate together and move separately from the water current. They can be bug sprayed with the water still in the dish and I can watch them die. I use Garden Safe brand insect killer. It works good and is an organic solution, claiming to be safe to use all the way up to harvest day.

Well, thatā€™s it for sure now.

Happy growing,
C50

8 Likes