Growing out the seeds that were gifted to me

In the last few weeks, a couple of members have gifted me some seeds. I am thrilled to have acquired 8 new strains. I thought the members I got them from would probably like to see them grown out, this thread will give them that opportunity.
Edit: You don’t need to be one of the generous people that gave me the seeds to join in. Everyone is welcome.

@Jellypowered gifted me these seeds:
- Colombian Black Landraces, originally from @TropicalBiophile
- HeadBand - feminized, originally from @Scissor-Hanz’s garden
- Reactor no.2 - regular
- XJ Medley - regular, originally from @99PerCent’s grow
- Durbin mix - regular, originally from @Baudelaire (FDM Seeds)
- #2 & #3 are the @Kalagre pollen chucked freebies, These are 2 different phenotypes of (BC Mango x BC Nught Nurse) x Deisel Moonshine.

@ReikoX gifted some Low Ryder x La Diva regular auto flower seeds.
Edit: added name to seeds @ReikoX gifted me.

@MadScientist will be sending me some femmed Pure Kush. They haven’t arrived yet at the time of this writing but should be here soon.

Since I first posted this thread, I have received the following seeds from @pookie123:

• Second Sight F2
  • Chuy Purps x Second Sight
  • Mystery Mix (could be up to 8 different strains of Cannabeizein’s popular seeds)

All of the seeds from @pookie123 are from the Cannabeizein seed catalog.

Edit 5: added the names of the growers garden some seeds originated in and added the seeds from @pookie123 along with breeder name.

The first seeds I’ll grow out will be the FDM Seeds Durban Mix. The next set (not started yet) will be some auto flowers. The third will be the Pure Kush. That is all the planning I have done now. My grow rooms are too small to grow more than 2 or 3 strains at a time, but after smoking the same 2 strains for years, I look forward to growing them all out!

I’ve already started the Durban Mix. I take pictures of them every day and will post select photos at least once per week. Below are highlights of their progress until today.

3/17/18, 12:50 a.m. - I put 5 of the Durban Mix seeds into germinate.

3/18/18, 11:04 p.m. - Less than 24 hours, 3 seeds have shown a tap root of about 3/4 inch long or more. I buried them in coco in 4” pots and watered with RO water and HydroGuard.

3/19/18 - The next day after burying, all 3 poked their helmeted heads out of the coco.

3/20/18 - The 3 seedlings shed their helmets. Still no change on the 2 seeds still in germ, I cracked each shell lightly to help them out.

3/21/18 - The 1st set of serrated leaves is visible.

4/4/18 - The second set of serrated leaves appeared on the seedlings, started feeding a solution of 25% nutes / 75% water

4/6/18 - The 2nd set of leaves are noticeably larger today and are showing smaller fingers along side. They were apparently, just waiting for some real food. Since they responded so well to 25% nutes, I’ll increase the nutes to 50% with the next feed.

4/9/18 Germination day 23, the 2 remaining seeds in germination have made no progress even though the shells are soft and I cracked them lightly on day 3 of germination. Tossed them.

4/10/18 Germination day 25. The 3nd set of serrated leaves are getting large and another set is growing in right behind it. **Edit:**Starting feeding full strength nutes.

I’ll keep updating on these. I’ll also be starting some autos soon.

Third edit: @KingGhidora asked about the medium and nutes I use. I answered him in a post and thought it would be a good idea to mention those things in this post as well:

The medium is CocoGro by Botanicare.

For nutes I am using their CNS17 line:

• CNS17 Grow formula for everything up to Flowering.
  • CNS17 Bloom formula for the first 3-4 weeks of Flowering.
  • CNS17 Ripe formula for the last 2-4 weeks.

I mix Botanicare’s Cal-Mag plus at 2 ml/gallon for all feed mixes.

I also use HydroGuard in my plain water as well as my feed mixes. This is the first Botanicare product I used.
It is what they call a root innoculant. It is actually a beneficial bacteria. It eats dead plant matter which encourages new root growth it can be used straight to root clones. It worked so well I tried the CocoGro. Between both of these. I decided to stay with the Botanicare products.

I mix HydroGuard at 6ml/gallon for the water I give the clones and seedlings. I use it at 4ml/gallon for the regular plain water and the Grow feed. I mix 2 ml/gallon for both Bloom and Ripe feeds. I use this product at every feeding.

I rarely feed plain water. I use that mostly for the last 3-4 days of Flowering as a mini flush. I also use it when a plant seems stagnated for 1-2 feeds and go back to the regular feed routine. I have a feeds that is heavy in iron and 1 that is heavy in copper, but haven’t needed them in about 2 years or so.

31 Likes

Actually bro, those seeds are still in my possession. We are all waiting for the other seeds to arrive, so you all get more seeds at once. Patience bro. They will arrive.

9 Likes

Awesome. I wanna see too. Good luck.

For the books…

Reactor #2 is a cross between a beautiful Chernobyl Male with a female known only as L2 which had a sweet oakey sort of flavor and tended toward red and purple finish.

The XJ Medley is a mix of crosses against a female; TGA tester seed of XJ13 x Penny Wise. The males were Agent Orange, Penny Wise or a Stinky Lemon Jilly Bean F2. All could be interesting, the Agent Orange crosses so far have yielded some really great plants.

7 Likes

@MadScientist: Totally cool. I wasn’t complaining, I just wanted to give you credit for your generosity at the top of the thread, yet explain why I didn’t mention them until later.

Take your time I have 7 new strains besides the Durbans and can only grow so much at a time. Plus I’m ordering a pack of Sweet Tooth #4 from @Baudelaire tomorrow. I am also ordering one of his smaller SolSheets and a SolStix X3. I’m bringing my garden into the 21st century, even if I am a few years late. :grinning:

I would so much like to pool all my lights together and grow them all out in one crop/harvest mode, but I’d have to murder some more innocent plants for no other reason other than the are taking up too much space at some point and I’m still haunted by faces of all the ones I did last year during my grows’ recovery from flyin’ pests.

@99PerCent You are always welcome to join in. The more the merrier. And thank you for the background on some of my new strains. :smiley:

Everybody here seems to get really down when they get a male. I am looking forward to it. I haven’t had any male plants in a long time. My records were pretty bad until last year mid January and I can’t find any record of the last male I had. It was pre-depression, uh, I mean recession, for sure. I’ve only made one cross and it was accidental. I wouldn’t mind doing that on purpose if I find a couple strains I really like

I plan to then save some pollen in small bottles so I don’t need to grow another male for seeds at another time.

4 Likes

Better late than never. I’ll be joining the ride.

1 Like

Yeah, @Jellypowered told me you have already been using LED. He is buying your 200W 2TL and your are upgrading. :smile:

I’m also planning to try @Morgwar’s suggestion with the cheap Anjeet lights and upgrading the cobs. I plan to start with a 4 unit light and see how that goes.Getting enough light to cover the Flowering room better than the 750W hps inexpensively, requires a bit of genius and there seems to be quite bit of that here at OG to take advantage of.

7 Likes

I put 4 of the Low Ryder x La Diva auto seeds into germination after midnight last night (4/10). Nothing exciting to look at yet, though. :smile:

I also got my new lights on order from SolStrip.com today.Should be around a week with snail mail taking of delivering payment and product.

I’m getting excited now! I should have a pack of @Baudelaire’s Sweet Tooth #4 around the same time. Gotta love it when it feels like Christmas in mid-year!

6 Likes

Looks like you’ll be the first to pop theirs.

8 Likes

I think I’ll pop mine soon, an extra harvest before July sounds nice

1 Like

@ReikoX, I’m probably more anxious to be getting something new. I like my 2 strains, but am looking very much forward to something new! Also interested to see how long it takes. I ordered the Sol Sheet specifically for the autos.

@Jellypowered, an extra harvest sounds nice any time. :slight_smile: And you really need it since you’re almost out of weed. LOL

2 Likes

Hey! I’ve got 6oz left I think I’ll be ok :ok_hand: lol

4 Likes

I remembered that from a previous conversation. :slight_smile: :snicker:

At the moment, I have about 5 oz. of cured smoking stuff as well. It seems to build up faster than we use it. Such a change from 2 years ago, living harvest to harvest and quick drying it early just to have something to smoke.

9 Likes

@Cobra50 Lookin good brother! You are going to love the SolStrips I got mine a couple weeks ago and have just started a grow with them. Workin’ great so far and I’m about to order some more for flower! Careful, the LEDs are addictive! :wink:

What’s the medium, nutes, etc… you’re using?

1 Like

Takes me 4 nights to smoke a joint of low grade nowadays get more stoned than I ever did smoking an ounce of skunk in a week
tolerance breaks are good :white_check_mark:

4 Likes

What’d i miss?

Don’t be afraid lol.

Personally, I have the tolerance of someone who’s NEVER smoked. I have to be real careful or I end up melting into a puddle and getting motion sickness lol. wifey only needs 2oz per month I MIGHT do like 5g a month tops. With harvest in late May coming up, i’ll have plenty :smiley:

@Cobra50 won’t mind i’m sure. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

re 6 ounces left, irrelevant post lol didnt want to hijack
Its just 6 ounces was my whole harvest last year and its mostly still left…
Sometimes I smoke less thinking it will be less racy then it gets me more stoned or ill smoke more thinking “I’m gonna get blazed” and its just a mellow high, set and setting I suppose. Its always the paranoia that Im wary of, dont need any help in that department

3 Likes

@KingGhidora, when I switched to using coco last year, I went with all Botanicare products.

The medium is CocoGro by Botanicare.

For nutes I am using their CNS17 line:

• CNS17 Grow formula for everything up to Flowering.
  • CNS17 Bloom formula for the first 3-4 weeks of Flowering.
  • CNS17 Ripe formula for the last 2-4 weeks.

I mix Botanicare’s Cal-Mag plus at 2 ml/gallon for all feed mixes.

I also use HydroGuard in my plain water as well as my feed mixes. This is the first Botanicare product I used.
It is what they call a root innoculant. It is actually a beneficial bacteria. It eats dead plant matter which encourages new root growth it can be used straight to root clones. It worked so well I tried the CocoGro. Between both of these. I decided to stay with the Botanicare products.

I mix HydroGuard at 6ml/gallon for the water I give the clones and seedlings. I use it at 4ml/gallon for the regular plain water and the Grow feed. I mix 2 ml/gallon for both Bloom and Ripe feeds. I use this product at every feeding.

I rarely feed plain water. I use that mostly for the last 3-4 days of Flowering as a mini flush. I also use it when a plant seems stagnated for 1-2 feeds and go back to the regular feed routine. I have a feeds that is heavy in iron and 1 that is heavy in copper, but haven’t needed them in about 2 years or so.

@gordongecko, I’m not sure I’d have found it worth it to grow if I smoked only a couple of ounces a year. I was going though about 1.25 oz per month while I was working. I expected to spend a lot more time watching TV and getting high after retiring. Turns out I smoke just an ounce/month now and watch about 1/3 of the TV I watched while I was in the workforce. A stressless life is a wonderful thing!!!

You and me both. That’s why I prefer the strains that are less sativa and more indica. The paranoia factor is why I quite smoking weed for more than a decade. It was only after my former wife became an alcoholic that I started smoking again. I have noticed much less paranoia highs once I went back. I read somewhere it was deliberately bred out of many strains for a more pleasant high. The Mexican dirt weed of the '70s was all paranoia to its high

As long as no one tries to turn the thread into a pro-trump thread anyway. lol

5 Likes

Its a passion I will never lose till the day I die, even if I didn’t smoke I will always grow.
Ive got a mission from the universe/god to make seed/protect diversity (Im weird)
Re the first post it was @KingGhidora not me
I was very rude and didnt even ask about your grow, I will say the plants look very nice and Im following from afar. Can you see me? Im over here!, here waving the Union Jack :gb:

5 Likes

@gordongecko Yes I can see you. The world isn’t so big afterall. I didn’t realize you were from Great Britain, you don’t drop letters from your words, so I can’t hear your accent. :wink: To bad too, I really enjoy listening to anyone from the UK talk.:heart_eyes:

No rule that says you have to. Stop by and look. Comment if the desire strikes or don’t. I have an open door policy.:slight_smile:

OMG! I need to fix that. Thank you for pointing that out. I must be pretty stoned because it took me about 10 minutes to figure out what you meant. Lol

4 Likes

Hey fellow growers, here are a few pics to add. (Would this be considered “glog”?)

First, the baby Durbans. They are growing very nicely. They are currently outward growing at rapid pace. The last pics in the first post show the leaves just reaching the edges of the pots, just 48 hours later, the one on the right is trying its best to hide its pot from sight, while thje one in the middle is following right along.

Despite this rapid outward growth, the upward growth is going much more slowly. The one in the middle is growing up slightly faster.

Now, pictures from the newer seedlings, the Low Ryder x La Diva. 4/11, 3:52am Just before getting buried in moist paper towels and put on an old heating pad set to low (avg 89°). I used to use my seedling mat which I keep at 82.5°, but it took 4 days and more for seeds to pop.

I looked at them at 3:00am on 4/12. They had not popped yet. I looked in on them at 1:54pm and was greeted wiht this sight.

I prefer to let the tap root get a bit longer before burying them. This is just before planting.

So far only the 3 of 4 seeds I planted have rooted, hopefully the last one is still going to as well.

I currently am using what I call a rainbow light for my clones. My CFL wasn’t doing as well as it had before changing to the same bulb, so I thought I’d try a cheap full spectrum LED. It was just a little more than my CFL had cost and was worth risk. I didn’t want to like it light after I plugged it in. The light was a pretty color but so strange that I was immediately certain ity wouldn’t work. I even took the Durbans out and put the under the Veg fluoros because I didn’t want to ruin them with this experiment. I left 2 clones in there. 2 days later, I moved the Durban babies back into the clone box because the clones were doing extremely well. The new seedlings are now sharing the clone box with 2 new cutting starts.

11 Likes