Growing With Mr.Sparkle : 2022 Fall/Winter

Day 33/3

Re potted a couple of the seedlings, still no plan for them.

21 Likes

Unrelated to growing but some more tie dyes i did today, the blue is alot lighter in person just the lighting or lack there of throwing it off in the case.

Also have some reverse tie dyes on the go as in black shirts being selectively bleached and then will be dyed afterwards.

22 Likes

The black shirt looks like a bear without ears lol. Anyone else see it?? Tye dyes never go out of style

7 Likes

Yep. That’s a cross between a bear and a boar hog. See the tusks?
lol
Let me guess @Dalorean , you’re an artist (at least in heart). Artistic folks see things inside of things. I know. lol

4 Likes

Day 35/5 back right plant is putting on some size, gonna have to look back in my journal as its fine but long pistils were characteristic of one of the plants last round.

Also no plans for the youngens, i may play with feed ratios on them.

21 Likes

Day 37/7

Swapped nutrients and ratios out on these last night, i expect them to go sideways while tweaking though also not to concerned if they do as im taking off in a week so what still remains will get swapped water wise and light levels reduced.

IMG_20220921_083233

17 Likes

Late Friday update as one wont happen tomorrow.

Day 39/9 Little one like the lower feed and front larger plant as well, back is a bit hungry but some is highly likely caused from ec differences internally and root zone, just gonna leave it anyways to see.

23 Likes

Day 42/12

Plucked some yellow leaves on the bigger plants this morning so they want a bit stronger feed which was expected with how they were being fed now, one thought is possibly if they were started at that lower and different feed rate they are getting now they possibly could of acclimatized and would have a different internal solute level where internally they would be lower than the feedwater and root zone and be able to remain happy in the process.

The little ones need a watering but happy otherwise, should do some selections or just cull them come Thursday evening then i dont have to worry about them when im gone, though i think ill try and keep at least 2 maybe 4 max from them.

22 Likes

Day 44/14

Bigger plants still wanting a bit more feed though not gonna do so, back plant at least at the moment is really just pistils and not much bud even if looks like a good starting point.

Also pulled two of the little ones, and likely will pull the back two as well, and forgot to add been turning down the light levels for when im away just for reduced water uptake to extend them.

19 Likes

Day 46 Took the picture this morning, Decided to just cull the little ones, overfilling the res that left with a reduction in watering frequency and change in duration, and turned the light down to a 1/3rd at around 33w to hopefully last my 10ish day absence, guess we will see how it turns out.

24 Likes

Good luck bud! :crossed_fingers::four_leaf_clover:
Enjoy your trip!

:robot:

1 Like

Day 57

Well im back the two i kept survived though quite hungry atm which was expected as i was trying a different lower feed rate just to play around, the low light levels and comparable feed rates worked very well as i still had about 30% of the water remaining so could of gone likely at least 2 straight weeks.

Now why they are hungry thats another question as the left over water was around 2.2-2.3 ec and 6.4ph when i swapped it out this morning when it started around 1.2ec and 5.7ph when i left.

So may of just locked itself out and not actually ran out of nutrients to feed on.

Now i just need to get some seeds started and do some proper grows.

23 Likes

It’s really awesome you found a combination that allows you to go on vacation for TWO WEEKS !!!

Take away this ball and chain :musical_note:

3 Likes

Oh forsure, definitely will do low light levels and feed rates in the future if i have to leave things for extended periods of time, ideally timing wise i would just prefer not to have things running when im away as then its not on my mind every now and then.

Im stoked it worked out though as it gives options when say you can have an extra long weekend or something and are in the middle of a cycle.

7 Likes

How cool!! Do you think the lower light and feed made a big difference(smaller technically) in the size of your plants/buds?? Or do they seem to have grown comparatively to your normal higher settings??
What’s next on the list??? Ooo can’t wait to see what your options are

3 Likes

They didn’t change much since I was away and I equate it more that instead of running a 100% I was at 30% so 70% less “potential” work was being done, so that 11days was more like 3ish days if I was growing regular and the change in plant size from my perspective seems about right for that.

The two were already looking decently done so wasn’t expecting much change on them anyways, the other two maybe will pick back up now the light is back to previous levels.

As for what’s next, agent Orange photos in my top cab and autos in my lower cabs but undecided as to what, one side will likely be my second chance autos which is a big container of mixed seeds that didn’t pass a first round test so to speak and in my mind the outliers will pop out with enough numbers.

8 Likes

Day 59, did some plucking and even though not done they may be pulled come the weekend.

21 Likes

Pulled to make room?
Or just frustration/over them?

Can’t wait to see what comes next!

Got my eyes perms-peeled! :eyes:

2 Likes

just to move on, it was a late end trial at a low feed rate that i wasn’t going for any outcome on, just something about starting plants on low feed and allowing them to work with it vs say them getting accustom to higher EC’s and then dropping it on them causing a more negative exchange between roots and root zone.

As for new ones i should drop some tonight, may have two cabs with photos this cycle, agent oranges, and purple wookies that will get hit with some pollen @ReikoX sent me, plus some autos just no idea on what yet.

11 Likes

Decided

Subcool TGA - Agent Orange ***correction dont have enough time this cycle

Bodhi - Purple Wookie that we have some Bodhi - Skywalker Pollen from @ReikoX to try and throw at the wookies "Hairy Walkers ??? " ***correction dont have enough time this cycle

And when i busted out the autos i say the ogreberries from Twenty20 Mendocino that i forgot i was gonna try and run in one of my next uninterrupted cycles.

They are now in some Tap water with a bit of H202, should be planting some come the weekend depending on germ rates.

21 Likes