Growing With Mr.Sparkle : 2022 Fall/Winter

Day 12, Light have been gradually turned up and res levels kept at 1.3ec by watering them down when they go a bit higher, also may notice some irrigation head changes as im not confident with the old ones anymore as after a cleaning had alot of the green emitters break.

17 Likes

Day 14 Added water to bring the reservoirs back down to 1.2-1.3 ec on the next fill ill do fresh mix also up at the 95w mark on the lights as thats where one driver maxes out but i may still turn up the upper cab a bit more.

17 Likes

Hey @Mr.Sparkle what size (GPH) are the pumps in your res? And what is your on/off cycling set at?

:pray:
:robot:

2 Likes

these are the cheapo 240l/hr 12v pumps and right now they are cycling 5 secs every 12hrs, though i will say the irrigation head design and my up riser comes into play as far as flow goes too as say the grey rainbird heads flow better than the orbits, and if the up riser was a smaller diameter the pump wouldn’t have to work as hard.

Needless to say right now they are only getting a little water each day but enough to cycle them a little.

6 Likes

Dude!
Following your grows…I am so impressed !
Love the little hydro units and all, gonna steal some ideas!
On a side note:
I’m sorry, but every time I read your name, I giggle…
One of my favorite shows is Supernatural, and there was an episode about someone killing kids imaginary friends… one of them, was Mr.Sparkles!!!
All I keep seeing is this unicorn-man tending weed!!
(And ya can’t tell me someone wasn’t high as balls when they did that episode!)

Here’s to You-- and the OTHER Mr.Sparkles!!

5 Likes

I’ve seen that episode, been awhile though :wink:

2 Likes

Day 16 moving along, should up pot a couple in the top chamber and put them on an autowaterer only have two more larger pots though.

Also seeing some past damage on some of the older leaves they just all seem slow at the moment, could be the different feed or who knows.

23 Likes

It just dawned on me that it’s been a minute since I’ve had a Mr. Sparkle grow thread pop up in my unread so I went looking. In this bitch!

1 Like

Day 20 the nutrient change isn’t cutting it added some calnit earlier and those plants responded but in general just looks like they are not happy with the low feed levels even if others get good results with it mind you lower light levels so im gonna bump things up and swap to a different mix.

Oh and removed some males and up potted a couple.

18 Likes

Day 22 Still slow may just start new seeds also started playing with different mixes nutes wise a few days back, only res still on the original low feed is the top left others in these cabs are the same but added calnit to bump the nitrogen as it was low compare to what i was running, so top right although the smaller plants originally are looking good with the extra N, bottom is still looking rough which i may change out to my old mix to see what they do.

Also swapped out the reservoir heads in the upper cabinet to the rainbirds as well, just better also realized why my left one on the old orbits was having drier plants than the rest as it was the only one i couldnt get the internal filter out of so the pressure was reduced end tube wise for that one meaning less flow, change now to better designed ones though.

19 Likes

Day 26 They are turning around with the different feed, gonna play some more though also decided to reduce the weakest plants and start some new seeds, so should go better now, gonna be playing with different nutrients and changing a few things so i dont expect soem will respond how i want though we will see, and the new ones im not limiting them pot size wise on the start.

20 Likes

How’d these go? :sweat_smile: was hoping you became an arborist :joy:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

reduced it down to the one as one was a male, and looks like i never grabbed pics of it in the end wasn’t much just cause the lack of direct sun on my patio but i made a bunch seeds with it.

This looks to be the last pic i got of it, little purple seeded buds in the end.

17 Likes

Day 28 they are looking alright, front left is being sprayed with some old sts and the rest im thinking im gonna replace with some new seeds but for now they remain.

As for the upper cab i’ll call it day 0 still one to emerge which will be in the next day or so but the rest are up this morning.

17 Likes

What is the lineup for the newest beans?

:eyes: :eye:

:robot:

2 Likes

two randoms from the last harvest as in seeds that dropped that i picked up but from what :man_shrugging: , and some 24k x Glo’s from @ReikoX , contemplating either starting some lemon pies’s which i havent run in awhile, some posioned rose cookie devils also older or sift through the darkspark x purple lemonades looking for some good grapey fruity good structure plants.

6 Likes

Day 30/2 Going to reduce the older plants, have some seeds soaking, and 3 of the 4 24k x glo’s surfaced, and youngens need a watering just looking drier than they actually are due to the dry top layer i put there for algae abatement.

24 Likes

One of the few things that I ever got from a dispensary that was great :lemon: :pie:

Their kief was amazing for the short time it was there.

:evergreen_tree:

Day 33/5 Thew the young one or most of them onto auto waters jsut now, and did a shuffle and culled some plants, also plants some PRCD seeds they should be above ground come monday, and ill get some more seeds started aswell.

20 Likes

Day 36/8 and ill call day 0 tomorrow on the little ones as they are just popping up now. Still occasionally spraying that front plant with old STS solution, if it grows pollen sacs the back plant will be hit and then likely one plant will be culled in the Marshydro lit chamber in my other thread and this will be moved over to make space for the youngens.

20 Likes