Growing with Mr.Sparkle : 2024

lol very tall order there, though breaking that 2g/w a few more times is a reasonable goal, just haven’t done a straight yield run in awhile lets say try for 2.25g/w first then maybe 2.5g/w as a high high goal.

5 Likes

I love to watch your grows.

:green_heart: :seedling:

5 Likes

Day 24/10 or there abouts for the ones that im counting.

First the pollen is more or less there at least to start, noticed a couple of drying sacs so gonna turn the fans off and just let them coast for the next week or two. Plants wise the Strawberry banana at the back has the better structure and growth characteristics and smell, though the small forum stomper at the front is decently sticker with more coverage even with all the pollen sacs.

As for their younger siblings the lone forum stomper on the back left is doing some nitrogen clawing by the looks of it, likely it got too dry last week and had some excess issues and hasn’t recovered but then again the FS so far have also been more susceptible to showing issues, so we will see what i do with it, can always refine down and up pot whatever remains. As for the others doing decent all have the bush stature cause i topped them about a week back roughly around there 5th node.

And the Little ones gonna up pot 4 of them removing the front left and back right most likely.

20 Likes

don’t know what i was thinking went and grabbed them just now to up pot them and they are already in the pots i would of moved them too :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

Day 26/12

Fans are off in the top cab and i have usable but who knows on viable pollen that im just gonna keep going and collect maybe later this week or run it into next.

As for the 26 dayers yeah they are showing some N toxicity or whatever, switched over to a bloom feed so figuring the excess N will work out over time now that its been reduced with the bloom ratio, otherwise i may just filter these down to two plants and go from there.

As for the little ones, 2 ended up being males one i was tossing regardless but the other one i wanted to toss “front left” being a fem and making it a even 4 i kept so far with that “center plant” being the remaining male.

Also started some seeds yesterday.

23 Likes

Day 33/18/5

Well the defoliated and trimmed back plants blew up over the weekend hopefully they are done stretching but i don’t believe that two on the left and front right i think are still gonna go more just cause of how little flower production they have at the moment plus the reversed plants their sister did a whole inner bud stem elongation thing so they will be lankier plants also aren’t showing much resin production either so we will see what i do with them.

As for the next oldest removed the one plant and the male leaving the three and just topped them after these photos.

The young ones, couple of duds but otherwise starting, and the pollen producers i need to collect, and chop.

26 Likes

Well likely by later tonight the plants on the left side would of been hitting the roof, so i had to get on top of it.

First though these strawberry banana’s still are going through there veg phase so they are gonna be likely some 10-11+ weekers and thus the reason they are giving me trouble in my small space, typically i would flop some tops but there isn’t any room to do so, so instead i did some “aggressive” pruning above and below my intended canopy, as for the back right plant that being a forum stomper i didn’t touch it much just as its likely gonna finish a good 2-3weeks sooner than the SB’s and is starting up its flower mode now so i dont expect it to increase in height much i just took out some lowers and inner bud points to focus energy on the canopy level instead.

Haven’t had to go this aggressive in a good while.

29 Likes

Having to go aggressive is good :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Day 38/23/10

Well collected pollen a couple days back and removed those plants, and the oldest plant that got the aggressive trim back are doing well, i definitely slowed them down which is a negative but also what i needed to do given the situation. I’ll hit a branch of the back right plant “forum stomper” this week some time maybe even this weekend, the SB’s arent ready for pollen so may be a week or two for them.

These are getting big, need to do some pruning, and maybe transfer the one to a single pot/res layout with a possible up pot.

And little ones i should hook up to some waters shortly

25 Likes

They are all looking great. But, that is a given @Mr.Sparkle

3 Likes

I’m sorry those strawberry banana are causing you so many problems buddy. They are known to grow extremely big at times. Hopefully you’ve got them under control now. :v:

5 Likes

Meh no really troubles just another grow, and if anything user error in that I should read up on what I’m growing lol

5 Likes

Day 42/27/14

Well old ones the forum stomper i hit one branch with pollen, and the back Strawberry banana is show some alright trichomes, the front two though are still stretching, i think my best course of action unfortunately is to chop the front two to give the back two space.

A thought on long day autos for me is kinda why run something that in two cycles of it i can run three of others also i just dont have the space, now if outdoors that’s where longer day autos makes sense for me as it would warrant a bigger yield in the end due to the ebbs and flows of weather and grow conditions.

Middle aged plants also growing, and are now on a flower nute mix.

and the young ones are now setup for the auto waters

26 Likes

Day 46/31/18

Eldest plants well removed the two strawberry bananna’s that weren’t showing trichomes and again kinda maxed out my space, so the reduction allowed me to spread out the remaining SB and the forum stomper as well. Fit one branch of the forum stomper earlier in the week with pollen, and just did one branch on the remaining strawberry banana today. Process if wondering, was just throwing a bag over all the plant except the targeted branch, and dusting pollen on it outside then giving it a good blow off, then right back in the cabinet, typically work pretty good and even if a few stray pollen grains hit some pistils on the bagged part of the plant or say afterwards its usually very very minor.

Did a tiny bit of pruning and orientating on these, also see i tiny bit of tip issues but could of been from old res water which i should do a full refresh on as ive just been topping up the last couple weeks.

As for the youngens one was a male and the other a slow tripolate mutant, so up-potted the others and have been intermittently turning off the waters which turn on or reset every day but i just manually turn them off if i feel they a bit over watered, and sure i could turn down the watering duration but its kinda the same level of involvement and changing the duration takes a good day or two before you see how it runs say dry or wet and then you need to change it again and they will be needed more and more water as they fill the space, so easier just manually turning them off till the plants catch up.

24 Likes

Day 50/35/22

So eldest there are seeds forming on the forum stomper but none that i see on the Strawberry Banana which when collecting pollen from the other plant i had a feeling it was too wet, so we will see as ill hit both again including another branch in the mix possibly for each.

Middle aged plants are filling their space, ended up doing a refresh res wise on these and the older plants and pushing some fresh feed through before swapping them out, reason i did so is i was seeing the burning and other spotting issues and turns out my reservoirs were in the 4.5-6.0ec range so coco wise they would be seeing alot higher than that in their dry cycles and also when they ran low on water a couple times, they look alot happier now so ill just keep on top of it.

And the young ones i topped yesterday they are already throwing growth to there branches now, that front left i’ll be moving to the back just cause its gonna be taller that the others, you know rearrange for better viewing.

26 Likes

As usual you amaze me!

7 Likes

happy bushes,as always… :+1:

3 Likes

its the plants doing the work, i just try and setup conditions for them to thrive, but thank you

5 Likes

Looking beautiful @Mr.Sparkle . I finished trimming my last plants with the scissors from my secret Santa and just love them. :v:

5 Likes

Great set up ,small ,efficient ,clean and well set up it’s all you need. Great job. Thank you for sharing.

7 Likes