Growing with Mr.Sparkle in 2022 : Spring/Summer

They could have a terpene relation and here we are… wondering about it… lol Pardon us @Mr.Sparkle :joy: :hugs:

2 Likes

thyme does have a more acidic smell to it and does throw off similar scents to those CC list above.

And @Abbbian its as @curiouscat said, it days being above ground, so obviously the bigger numbers like this last post “Day 46/43/31/24/10” day 46 for the flowering budded plants, day 43 for the sprayed GRCD, day 31 For the remaining singular GRCD in the right side cab, Day 24 for the photos which is quite long for there size but rough starts and non consistent watering, and day 10 for the kratky plant.

Mainly i put those numbers there for my own tracking purposes then i don’t have to go back and figure that out.

4 Likes

Ok thanks for the explanation :smiley::wink: don’t feel as dumb now haha

3 Likes

Day whatever and Thurday quick update, all the reservoirs are filled as im gone till sunday also did a light change for the photos.

31 Likes

Looking sparkly in there. How’s life after Megacrop, still going good ?

3 Likes

I was wondering as I had just switched to it as it worked for sparkle.

:green_heart::seedling:

2 Likes

Just catching up on your goings-on!

Hot damn, that Strawberry ShortCrack, or whatever it is, looks delicious! Bravo to you and @Yetigrows!
Yours too @Pigeonman! She was a fatty for sure.

Psyched to see the GorillaBubble BX5’s run!

@Rabeats2093 I too think the CinderEvil have a super distinct smell. But somewhat hard to describe. Fruity, Sweet, chem/solvent. I really like it a lot. For sure one you could pick out of a jar lineup blindfolded. Even the “willow” pheno I got had the smell. Need to run another one or two in the near future to refill my jars. I am defiantly hoarding my last little bit.

All caught up. :+1: things are looking good as always!
:robot:

6 Likes

Deff out a hundred jars you could pick out the cinderevil with ease …time to cure

3 Likes

Day 53/50/38/31/17

Back from the weekend, and all are doing great.

Plucked some fan leaves after this pic, i think they been enjoying the 0.7/0.7/0.3g a liter ratio of PlantProd bloom, calkick, epsom, i am gonna increase the epsom slightly as the leaves do have a slightly lighter inner vein color vs the leaf veins and see if that helps a little.

Left cab throwing out some pre flowers now, have yet to fully go in and check all the plants the majority look female so may only get one or two males out of the 9 photoperiods, also looks like i may have some viable pollen sacs to look at later.

Top cab is looking healthy, also preflowers and need to look through to pull males, as for the mini kratky kinda stalled out also refilled its container back up to bottom of pot level im currently considering attempting a hybrid system for this upper chamber, just waiting on some restocking of specific containers.

And some bonus shots of what this last weekend entailed, Cat boarding with the guys over in the Central Kootenay region.

33 Likes

Why i opted out was i was getting bacteria and algae blooms alot with MC which would throw the pH out of Range so quick and it seemed at least for my setup i needed to run in a narrow band pH with the stuff so it was constant fiddling

So i tried Jacks classic formula for a bit though pH stability wasn’t great as i think just due to the near 100% nitrate content but definitely was cleaner in comparison and worked.

Right now im Using the PlantProd MJ stuff “bloom and calkick” with added epson which im kinda still ball parking at the moment with my own ratios so far im liking it better than either MC or Jacks, pH remains pretty damn stable in comparison and its clean.

12 Likes

Good to know. Now I just need to use up what I have.

3 Likes

Day 55/52/40/33/19

Chugging along front right plant got hit with a little pollen still needs more and hopefully some seeds form, just focusing on hitting the lower 4 branches at the moment.

Res’s need a refill tonight pull some from one to the other just so it doesn’t dry out today.

Left Side also moving along and needing some res fills as well and was hoping i could thin them out all 5 photos regs in this cab are fems from what i see, so the auto may have to go to make some room. Also the pollen isn’t quite there yet some viable just no where near as much as i want.

As for the upper cab flopped some tops which have rebounded, and 3 out of 4 of the photo regs are fems with the 4th being undetermined as of yet so hitting 8 out of 9 fems overall so far really was planning on some males to thin things out so they wouldn’t be as cramped and have a bit of space to start some more, oh well.

Oh and the Kratkys … surviving is the word ill use, im gonna try some more though for the start ill hand water the starter cells and probably not put them into the bottles till a week to week and half in as dampening off has caused some issues for the small ones and the root growth could be alot better, considering though really have had to next to nothing for the one so far even if the yield will be grams just something to play with.

26 Likes

Day 58/43/36

Weekend update, Couple of the lower leaves are fading a little so should start watching res levels a bit more, should also try a bit more pollination on both the front right and younger front left plant.

Left cab i pulled the auto in there for room and will proceed to shape the canopy by flopping some tops, wish that pollen plant was more prolific and done so i could take its space as well.

As for the top cab i pulled the one male looking plant and moved one of the galactic hash plants up from down below also separated them out to two per res and cut holes in the lids to allow the pots to essentially hang above the water the bonus is i get some height back and any roots that grow down into the water im just gonna leave.

These are starting to become less manageable and probably left them to long before going to flower so i may have to get in there in the next week and defoliate and chop lower nodes and such.

Oh also turned up the lights for both photo chambers, essentially they are still getting the same light DLI wise now in 12/12 vs 18/6

Also picked up a toy, had a a small homebuilt one a few years back and would of built a bigger one if i had certain tool access and such, though honestly for the price this was and current quality and function yeah im glad i didn’t build one again, we will see how it holds up.

33 Likes

Just jumped,on for a sec and seen this, been wondering why I haven’t seen your other journal for awhile.
I’ll be back to check it out and be following :+1::+1:

5 Likes

Your cabs are looking stuffed to the max! Although it appears you still have a bit of head height to go. It’s gonna be crazy in there in a week or 3.

I can’t wait to see some sparkle squish shots! I love seeing @ReikoX’s rosin pics, and now with you in the game, we all will get a double dose! :drooling_face:

I am interested in hearing your thoughts on the press once you have had a chance to play with it a bit!

:robot:

6 Likes

Monday Update

Day 60/45/38(10F)

Right cab, back left plant is starting to fade so may need to put it and the back right plant on the same reservoir later this week and consider going to straight water soon.

Unsure the pollen has took on either front plants, looking like there is some action but have to wait and see, also when doing res fills this morning had one of the pump impeller magnets split off its shaft, so super glued it back and it works again really i need to order another spare or two as they were used for the upper cab and i currently have no spares so this might be my “warning” to get on it.

Left cab, the Galactic Hash plants in here are slower growing than the Gorilla Bubbles growing in the upper chamber noted they are a couple degree cooler still there is the largest of them in the upper chamber and its also slow in comparison.

As for the upper chamber gave it a good defoliation yesterday as it was required still think im gonna run into packing issues in the very near future, they are doing well though.

@Dirtron and ill let you know, so far im liking it :wink:

28 Likes

Those girls look soooo happy and green!!

2 Likes

Day 62/47/40(12F)

So i was commenting how the Galactic Hash Plants were slower growers than the Gorilla bubbles in the cab above… well may be a reason for that someone “this guy” set the driver max wattage to 125watts and when i flipped to 12/12 and turned up my drivers for those two chambers from 75w to what i though was 100w… well the top was and is getting 125w of light.

Anyways top chamber front left being a GHP rest being the gorilla bubbles, still think im in for some training and overcrowding hurt.

Bottom left cab did a reshuffle the two on the left are better plants than the two on the right with the pollen producer still going but trimmed back.

And right cab have a bunch of orange pistils on the plants i attempted to pollinate i just wont call it till i see seeds forming, saying that the back left plant is starting to fade a little and the other two older plants a little as well so still need to probably throw the two closest onto the same reservoir and start going to water and then still push some nutrients on the attempted pollinated plants.

36 Likes

Yeah man sure looks jammed in there.

3 Likes

yeah likely i may reduce these photos down to just one chamber just so i can get some space back to play, that and selection wise there are a couple small ones that don’t interest me structure wise and a bigger BG int he top that’s quite lanky.

So standard run a bunch reduce to selections and carry on

5 Likes