Growing with Mr.Sparkle : Trials & Progression 2020

Yep the right hand plants are in stretch mode right now, have some feed water mixed up and will be moving those plants over to the other chamber and setup the autowatering for them, will probably be set at a couple secs every 16hrs or every 12 to start just cause i cant go longer than 999min with my timer circuits, they have better ones now…

Other plants need watering too, and i may start some more seeds, but don’t know what yet…

17 Likes

Looking good @Mr.Sparkle

3 Likes

So easy on the eyes, what you do. Your photos calm my thoughts and give my brain a momentary rest. So clean and well ordered.

7 Likes

Thanks @TheShowMeHomie and @Dej

Another update, usually i like to spread out my updates to be at least 2-3 days apart but anyways.

Moved the older plants over to the left side cabinet and have the reservoirs and auto watering all going, currently set at a 6 sec duration every 12 hrs, which works out to be 175ml total per event from three nozzles, the pots feel decently light before watering so i fully expect im gonna have to increase my watering duration and i would rather go that route than more watering events for now as i kinda want to have a longer dry period. Lower yellowing i think is just cause of the infrequent watering over the last bit and me running on the lower side feed wise.

Also watered the right side last night and they are enjoying it.

Oh and still running at 70w per side which is 23.3w/sqft at 18" just gonna leave it there for now.

And the two remaining C9D’s showing off their autoflowering trait now, mission accomplished… but may only keep the right one around for a bit.

24 Likes

other then water is there anything in the reservoirs? did you buy this system or make it ?

2 Likes

@riverlady just water and maxibloom this round, and some pH adjuster, whole story behind it but just finding a good basepoint to play from again.

As for the system, its built, but easy to buy parts at about $20 a system apart from my reservoir which are just ikea bins, but basic and easy to put together

heres an old post od what its composed of to give you or others that havent seen it what its composed of.

8 Likes

so all nutes are delivered in the water ? what are you using for grow medium? sorry if somewhere you answered these questions but this is a long thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yeah all is provided by the water, and i just use coco, bagged rinsed stuff “canna coco” just for ease as id rather use out of the bag than have to soak rinse and filter the typical bricked stuff, but can get you to the same end point.

6 Likes

so this is a type hydro? … am really old school when it comes to growing …but you never know what life will bring …if not for the fact i was hanging out on og back in the day and reading up asking questions of my indoor friends when i lost the gh i would have been f@@ked

3 Likes

Coco is kinda an in between media imo, it can be treated like soil with pre fertilization and the likes and will behave like soil, but it also can be treated like hydro up to a point.

But id say my setup is more like a soiless media setup, in that the coco/media is just providing a zone for the roots to grow but not providing any nutrients itself, no different than say if i was growing in straight peat, and or peat perlite mixes.

9 Likes

ordered some in brick form to add to my girls when i put them into flower …as you mentioned that the MG soil might be to high in N as it releases more as time goes on…also have some fox farm bloom ferts i can give them while in flower …hope this will work for me but as the style of growing i am doing now is all new i have no idea if this will work out …hoping you stick around to give advice to me on this situation as we watch how they respond

2 Likes

oh i’ll be around, and yeah cutting the MG soil should help, just do a good couple soaks and rinses on the bricked stuff. The reason i have kinda stuck to the more inert media’s not that if i was growing outside it would be purely organic but for indoors is just that when deficiencies or signs of excess show up its just easy to adjust vs having it locked into the soil/media, plus really small pots… Just preference is all, and that’s not to say i won’t change things anyways lol.

6 Likes

Your room always looks so sterile like a professional botany lab

5 Likes

doesn’t take much to keep on top of it i just pull out the dyson every now and then for a couple secs, but better to be cleaning up than messing with the plants when they should just be left to their own…

6 Likes

good thing i put that laundry tub in the flowering shower room :sunglasses: yup in the gh i used an organic soil mix i made myself…in a cement mixer …now that i have no room for it and my$$ situation is different i am trying to keep it small, simple, and cheap ! thanks for the help and the explanation of your growing style

4 Likes

yeah no problem, the whole the simpler the better is what seems to work best for me, as the more variables i add the more things that can go wrong.

8 Likes

Just an update for this side, the other side i flopped some plants and culled some just for my own reasons, but have also started more seeds :smiley:

21 Likes

You’re running a tight ship there! I need to get a small vac to clean my rooms, I’m reminded every time I look at your pics lol

No added calmag with the maxi? I switched off of mega crop a while ago also and I’m not sure if I need to use it anymore, it was definitely required with the mega.

4 Likes

yeah used the vacuum tonight, and no added extra cal or mag yet, but i did just up the feed cause of some deficiencies and issues i was seeing, with mega though i didn’t need to add anything either just had to run it at appropriate levels well at least with the v1 stuff the v2, v3 stuff though when mixed the low pH of it is what threw me off so i can’t say if that was the issue or an off balance, gonna try some again though just to see.

3 Likes

Its a shame I really want to like the Mega, but going back to a simple 2 part and having way better results is just so nice…its like being on vacation lol

6 Likes