Growing with Mr.Sparkle : Trials & Progression 2020

assuming they have the 4000k, seems like gen 2 at least its mainly just 3500 and 5000k, like these thrive series only 4000k and 5000k are currently stocked which makes sense from an actual lighting perspective as who really wants high cri but lower or really high color temp. Would be good for studio’s, paint booths, or at least something id be putting in my workshop if i had one.

2 Likes

Well… you know my light better than me lol. I went and checked and hers is the 5000k

1 Like

Wow, I calculated 14% improvement {from Gen2 to Gen 3, lm/W} & 76% more $$.
Good enough for the girls I go with! :sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

But that’s the regular gen 3’s not gen 3 thrives they are less efficient in a lumen sense

2 Likes

Day 67/37

Left side, gave 0.3ec water on sunday reservoirs were at 1.2ec and .85ec yesterday when i swapped them out to straight water, new growth has stopped and they are just changing color now at the tips plan is to chop probably Christmas.

Right cab Lemon Pie seeds are now old enough so it will get chopped alongside the other plants, as for the younger plants the have taken over the soil from the repot nice roots and can pull them out as one block if i wanted, i like two of the plants third is a so so been contemplating maybe chopping them to give a clean slate to work with, though really i can just wait 3 to 4 weeks and do it then may just reduce them to two though as it will free up a reservoir.

Third cab is moving along, plant is too tall for my liking so make get a more aggressive “N” Flop to reduce it though im just gonna leave it for now.

16 Likes

What’s your soil recipe?

Are you liking that better than the coco?

What size are those pots again?

Not using any recipe just straight promix potting soil.

Coco roots seems to penetrate and grow a bit quicker but thats only because im use to straight coco, and the reason im trying promix is mainly from an accessibility and environmental reason, as i can buy promix at any Canadian Tire or Home Depot or the likes year round coco i have to go to a hydro store to pick up, and even though coco coir is a waste product and is environmentally friendly that way it comes from the other side of the world and from coconut monoculture plantations which aren’t the best so that vs peat bog mining at least somewhat locally and perlite additions its a trade off.

small pots are 400ml filled, bigger squares are 1.25-1.5Liters filled

9 Likes

Grabbed some final shots earlier tonight, these will get the chop tomorrow after morning activities and all that you know holidays :wink: , then i’ll get a wet weight then.

So will be chopped on Day 69 from sprout for these PRCD’s Poisoned Rose Cookie Devils where the color came out at the end.

24 Likes

WOW Beautiful!!! :slight_smile: love the shape and color of your plants

they show the work you put into them

thank you for the look and all the best

Dequilo

6 Likes

Just finished trimming it, ended up being 865g wet which is quite a bit more than i was expecting, so will be in the 200-175g dry range, plus whatever i do with the trim.

22 Likes

Damn, nice haul!

4 Likes

The Lemon Pie buds were dry enough to make it easier for me to go through them tonight while watching some shows with the lady.

Ended up being bit over 400+ seeds off that small excuse for a plant im gonna let these air dry in a small jar for a couple weeks so obviously will be enough to play with and see if they are worth while.

Also started some seeds earlier and redid the foil on the left side no cardboard backer anymore.

14 Likes

Are those full auto, or the part autos i saw you mention at some point?

3 Likes

These would be full autos, they were seeds I won from a killabeez seedbanks contest here though they haven’t impressed me yet mind you now I have enough to play with used the only two that sprouted from the three pack as the other was a dud.

The 1/4 autos you may be thinking about are some c99 x DD and I may bring that to full auto this coming year

8 Likes

Well… was gonna do a year end recap post with photos before starting a new thread though ill just leave it at words.

Stuff i did or learnt this year, grew many plants proceeding to cull most of them lol, made a bunch of seeds ditched my super small pots after a second go around eventually favoring larger ones due to early plant limitations caused by smaller pots all causing a desire to have more space.

Tried GA3 for feminizing which caused super stretchy ass plants and no pollen re confirming that for me CS is the easiest.

Also tried using promix again after probably close to a decade and it holds promise and will be playing with it in the future.

Played with light levels due to sad plant light bleaching issues ultimately coming full circle with the knowledge that increased leaf temps are needed under leds and more specifically the more light you throw at them the higher the temps should be to a point to aid in perspiration.

And had as much fun along the way as possible, so to cap it all up i’ll throw a link up to the new thread as a end post once i get it going.

:wink:

16 Likes

It’s been a pleasure to follow along and watch and learn.

4 Likes

As @Foreigner said, it’s been a pleasure to follow along this year. Learning from your successes and failures and teaching us something new. Looking forward to next years postings and continued learning curves. Here’s hoping it’s a better year for all.

Cheers Johnny

3 Likes

Closing post

New Year New Thread, please head on over to the new thread for any questions or comments

Thanks for following along

15 Likes

Very interesting…Thanks…I’m just starting…my very first grow is in progress… @ day 11.
:male_detective:
:speech_balloon:
:vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

freak… :smile: