Growing with Mr.Sparkle : Trials & Progression 2020

Day 53/30/23

Left side is starting to throw out fingers or at least is working on them probably under two weeks left for them.

Right side starting to stretch and fill out, will probably be doing some selections in the next week, the one missing plant was moved and repotted up into the third cab.

Third cab you can see the haggard seeded Lemon pie which i just waiting on seeds for, far left plant im starting to spray for some pollen which will be use on that plant i moved up thats on the right side that other plant was culled even though it was quite healthy, this will just be for fun for myself as these plants have their unique things going on that aren’t strong growth points, i just want to see what comes out of it and if those traits carry over. Have space and time and is only a handful of weeks.

13 Likes

So the right cab really started to stretch in the last day so in order to counter that did some big fan leaf plucking and took some lowers which i eventually pluck that are around the soil line as those usually are used much and can block my watering tubes at times making the water miss the pot.

So yeah here’s a before and after, basic upper big fan leaf plucking to allow the other nodes to get a bit more energy and slows down the main shoot a little, also flopped over a couple of tops just to get some plant matter into that empty hole, it should all be decently filled again in a couple days.

16 Likes

Day 56/33/26

Weekend update, well were getting close to the end on the year as soon as the flowering girls finish up i’ll be starting a new 2021 thread which i may break down into quarters or halves year wise, but we will see.

Alright on to the plants, left side throwing out the fingers/foxtails getting close, smelling good with sweet fruity smells and the odd sour overtone and they are overpowering my carbon filter which is 2 years old now so a replacement will be coming in the new year. Also will cut there feed to half on the next fill.

Right side filling back in after that plucking, also noticed the coco on the right side has been drier than i would like so i upped the watering time from 5 to 7secs which happens every 6hrs to give them a bit more, will have to refill the reservoirs probably tomorrow or just get them done today.

The third cab is moving along, seeds are still forming on the Lemon pie, the purple darkspark fuzz is being sprayed once or twice a day typically at lights off or in the morning if i missed at night im only spray it for a couple more days so the plant cant start growing again as the CS does curb its growth, also that plant has a excess/deficiency thing going on i need to look into may just force some runoff, and the transplanted plant actually seems very happy and i want to give it all the space up top just a waiting game right now, I’m gonna have to consider an auto watering setup soon as I am starting to get to the point where I am watering everyday.

18 Likes

Day 58/35/28

Monday morning update, left side still throwing out those tails and the reservoirs will be getting filled with half feed later today or when i get to it.

Right side also moving along, don’t know whats up with those couple of lowers, they got fresh reservoirs at a bit higher strength “1.6ec” yesterday, may need to flop them again but I’m holding off for now.

Third cab the transplanted plant is starting to take off and i want to give it the full space, the sprayed plant I’ve stopped spraying over the weekend and will let it grow now though I’m now on the fence if i want to use any pollen it creates, and the Lemon Pie needs another week for the early seeds, and another one or two past that for the later ones if i allow it.

20 Likes

This plant healthiest one i have going at the moment was the runt in lower chamber in coco and transplanted into some used promix and hand watered every day or two or as needed when younger with no runoff and has been in the third chamber that has only exhaust fan speed control which i haven’t touched since the start and here it is just putting all the other plants to shame…

i must be doing things wrong with my other plants…

11 Likes

I don’t know if the “must” is as certain as it was written, some plants just like dirt more than coco :smile: It’s something that I do notice with promix hp specifically is it dries out completely if allowed, I find it can be more forgiving when curtailing your dry pack to the specific plant through hand watering or capillary IME at least. What are your watering events looking like for the soil gals in terms of frequency atm?

Your plants always look great, I’m sure you will get to the bottom of it, I have faith :wink:

6 Likes

right now its progressed to once in the morning, the big one is getting light by the end of the day though i don’t really want to water it then as then it gets use to and expecting a second watering.

3 Likes

That might the metric worth watching, if your hand-watered one is doing better it might like it a bit dryer than it had been with your irrigation, just a theory. I find when I turn off the water for capillary watering in the forth and again at six weeks that plants explode with new growth, I always chalked it up to dry soil, the only thing that changes in our system but I could be wrong :wink:

5 Likes

This is why i wait until my coco dries out a bit before i feed them again. They like a wet dry cycle, as long as the coco doesn’t dry out completely giving them nutrient burn and ph issues…

4 Likes

1 Day later well 33hours and a bit and i think im in trouble.

picture from yesterday morning

this evening

17 Likes

Lol taking right off! Which strain is it?

3 Likes

Dark Spark x Sugar Black Rose circling back from Reiko but was the last 6 seeds i had of it the others are in the right cab

6 Likes

Its going to take over the whole cab soon

4 Likes

indeed it will, i may just move those others out and maybe cull a plant or two below to allow the shuffle.

6 Likes

That’s some explosive growth, I think you maybe in some trouble for sure.

Cheers Johnny

3 Likes

I should make some SBR F2, I like all the crosses made with it.

7 Likes

Day 61/38/31

Left side doing its thing currently on half feed, just gonna go straight water on next fill up or at least low low feed level.

Right side got out of hand was within 2" of the lights, so 3 plants got removed last night, and i re potted the ones i kept this morning and flopped over some tops to knock back there heights and build out a new canopy.

Third cab had to flopped the top of the one plant and spread it out also moved the seeded plant to the lower right chamber which just wasn’t in the picture above, also still on the fence with that sprayed plant if it pops a couple of pollen sacs i may just dust a side branch and if i dont see any signs of pollen sacs in the next 3-4 days it will just get removed to give the big plant the space.

16 Likes

This is the neat fan leaf thing the big third cab plant is doing, and why i found it interesting.

18 Likes

Day 64/34

Left Cab is still continuing on received 0.6ec water on the last fill and will get straight water on the next, the right side plants are closer to being done than the left and i could cut them now though they still look like they want more time.

Right Cab is filling back in after the culling and re pot, unfortunately the remaining Purple Kush decided to try and be sneaky, as during maintenance i noticed a spent pollen sac on the floor which shouldn’t of been there so went over the plants and found the culprit im guessing it was stress induced and not my intention. As for the other plants im on the fence about them may remove one or may just do a clean slate start with the two cabs come the new year.

Third Cab i removed the sprayed plant that was building pollen sacs reason that plants size and stature wasn’t good and im trying to be honest to some core points that if its not good or interests you don’t use it even if it causes missed chances. The remaining plant actually went dry friday, had given it only a half watering and apparently it wasn’t enough so a bunch of the lower leaves got damaged and partially crispy, so it got the straight water then feed water treatment an hr or two later to avoid burnage and took out the damaged leaves yesterday morning.

16 Likes

Damn! That sucks about the pollen sack!

2 Likes