Guerrila Outdoor Grow in Portugal

What styles do you look to do or favor?

2 Likes

Thanks bro! Always helping me out, certainly will ask you a few things, especially about hops, really want to be able to grow my own ingredients for the beer ahah. For now, I got an all-in-one kettle and some days ago I just did a munich dunkel and an american pale ale, but what I’m trying to see now is to brew as many styles as I can to see which one I prefer. Sadly, here in portugal the craft beer market is really small so you only have the classic lagers, and then some stouts and pilsner but that’s it. If I want to try new things, I have to brew my own. It’s still a recent hobby, like 3 months old but yeah for now I would glady accept suggestions for beers that you recommend me to brew.

1 Like

Ru starting out with extracts and special grains steeps then ? Or are you all in with the all-grain mashing thing?

One things that turned my beers around is using pure yeast strains like white labs or wyeast strains they are more for specific strains when brewing but they can cross over into different styles as well

1 Like

I started with extracts and with those starter kits but after buying an all-in-one kettle like this 10030521_yy_0001_titel___Klarstein_Mundschenk_Maischekessel_Bierbrauanlage
I’m doing everything from mashing to boiling. I wanted to be more in control of all the processes when doing beer, I’ve been loving this hobby like growing cannabis. The yeast I’m using is the recommended by my local brewer shop, I can’t really tell you what type it’s but when I do another batch, I will write that down.

3 Likes

Nice rig Iv never seen anything like that it’s cool if you can do specific temperature mash holds what’s your capacity on something like that pot?

2 Likes

Sorry to hear it didn’t work out as planned. Your autos look quite tasty.
Maybe sign up for the Australian Bastard Cannabis? It’s a mutant with quite a different look.

You can plant it next to your hops and claim it’s some strain of it. I bet you will want to try again next year. :seedling:

5 Likes

Yeah I can control the temps and the capacity is 35L, I could get a 50L version but it was more 100€ and my fermenters only hold 25L so I do batches of only 20L. I only use almost half of the capacity of it. Only did 2 brews in it, but I loved it. It costed 300€ though, had to split it between 6 people, it was too much for me to pay alone ahah, luckily have my mates to do this hobby with me.
@allotment ahahhahah damm that really doesn’t look like cannabis I have to check that out :rofl:
good to hear from you! hope you are doing fine

2 Likes

I’m fine, thanks. Hope to harvest my tiny grow soon (Hibernate and Sweet Pure Auto CBD)

Have you grown peppers already? What strains do you like or plan to grow? I had about 8 varieties this year, some I liked were Limón, El Oro de Ecuador and Carolina Reaper. :hot_pepper:

3 Likes

yes, started them a little bit too late but they are flowering now. It’s still hot enough for them to flower. I have carolina reaper, bhut jolokia, black panther, jalapeno green and purple, tabasco red and yellow, fushimi, afrikansk, zambian, del arbol red, biquinho red and the classic piri piri from portugal. I plan to do some great fermented sauces after with them. Your plant is looking good and well camouflaged I would say. Hope you like your cbd.

3 Likes

That’s a great selection! If you’re interested in swapping some seeds, I kept some of all strains I grew. :smirk: I’ve done hot sauces with fruit (mango, indian fig etc.) but no fermentation. Sounds intriguing. Got a favourite recipe?

2 Likes

Beautiful photos here of Portugal landscapes :wink:
I was born extremely east in Canada, so by nature I’m closer to the Azores lol what island you on?

1 Like

Never done hot sauces yet ahah, but I want to do like tabasco sauce, you know. I don’t if you saw any video of them explaining how they make their sauces but it’s really interesting. I don’t have a recipe of my own but I’m really interested in this guy’s recipes, he has many videos about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQqyA5zbps0&t=1081s&ab_channel=ChilliChump

1 Like

Ahahahah portugal isn’t an island but we have some, like azores and madeira, and for sure they have a beautiful landscape just as portugal mainland.

I’m from Lisbon suburbs, which is the capital of Portugal. If I lived in any other place other than porto and lisbon, I would have really good spots to grow but that’s not the case :cry:

3 Likes

Haha ok cool… sounds like you should be living on the islands. I’d love to live in the Azores.

1 Like

madeira looks like my birth place with the mountains, but alot more tropical.

1 Like

Sadly I never visited the islands, I really want to go there, but I have to save some money for it. Did you ever visit it?

1 Like

Nope. Never left Canada. I’d like to visit the islands tho, kinda afraid I’d never wanna leave tho.

3 Likes

Hello SpikPT,
Since we can’t PM I’m asking for some help from you.
I’m preparing my first gerrila grow in 2022 in PT, center of the country.
I need some advises like when to germinate my seeds, what would be the best month to germinate so i have them on the final places after two or 3 weeks they sprout.
I don’t have any strem nearby so I also would like to ask how often do you water your plants.

Thank you in advance.

3 Likes

If you don’t mind a suggestion, grow your plants right in or near patches of nettles. Also, use the branches of surrounding bushes to LST your plants, and put your plants in the middle of green vegetation. One of the things the cops look for is patches of green in the middle of grey or brown dirt.

1 Like

Peppers are fun to grow.

1 Like