Brazilian Ganja Indoor Cultivation - Space's Living No-Till Diary #2

Hey, how’s it going? I am space and thanks for reading my diary.
I already created another diary here, but a lot has changed so I preferred to create another one more suitable for my current experience and my current cultivation style as well.

My current setup:
-4x4’ with 240W quantum board, 200L notill bed

-3x3’ with 240W quantum board, 200L notill bed

-2,5x2,5’ with 120W quantum board, 100L notill bed

-3x2’ with 65W for cuttings,mothers and fathers. The last 2 pictures are from a beautiful carmelita male that I found, He’s has a very strong smell on veg too.

Strains:
-phaya nagga (fem brazilian cross from a friend)
-peyotte critical/ (fem from barney)
-carmelita (reg exotic genetix)
-guicy banger (fem from regular seed from exotic genetix)
-blueberry and jack herrer (fem from seedsman)

:cowboy_hat_face:

Objetivos:

So, after all, what did I create this diary for? Why do I cultivate this way? And what do I look for?

My main objective when creating this diary is to learn, I learned a lot by reading topics and more topics here and in other forums, and I believe that I am finally ready to have my own corner, see the comments of the people around and also have a safe place for recording things and the things that I changed over time in my grow. I really believe that it also can help someone and help me a lot too.

Why do I cultivate like this? Several reasons, I’m a very ‘’ organic ‘’ guy: joy: so, when I started growing marijuana, I saw many tutorials talking about mineral cultivation, various fertilizers, I even had a lot of difficulty in my first cycles. But when I read and learned about organic farming, more specifically, about notill, I fell in love, it was everything I was looking for, ease, simplicity and living.
My cultivation style is cheap (apart from lighting equipment), easy to replicate and easy to maintain. I water once every 7-10 days with about 5% of the bed volume and that’s it. Sometimes I make some organic tea and in some waterings I add some type of microorganisms, such as EM, IMO, FAA and other recipes from KNF and JADAM.

What do I look for? I think that like all other guys who are here, I look for the best high. My favorite highs are not very powerful or very strong, nauseating, couch-lock. I believe that my favorite high is the one that makes you very silly, laughing without control, kind of like a child, happy, carefree, agitated, happy. To this day, I am looking for a cannabis that will make me that way again.
Secondary to that, I look for plants with good yield and exotic smells, I try to taste all the flavors that life has to offer, the good and the bad, but sweet things make me sick easily.

About my soil recipe:

Both were mixed at the beginning of the year, the recipe is something like this:
10 liters of perlite
10 liters of earthworm humus
10 liters of sphagnum peat
150 mL of bone meal
150 mL of shell limestone
150 mL neem pie
150 mL of powdered malted barley (malt)
150 mL of agricultural plaster
150 mL of bat guano
500 mL of bokashi
1000 mL of basalt powder
2000 mL of biochar
That makes about 35 liters of soil.

I use some clover seeds for mulching and I also use a filter to leave the water free of chlorine, with ppm close to 0.

I think that’s it, I will try to update it with a certain frequency here, even for myself to follow the evolution. Thank you to anyone who has read this far, I hope we have fun. If you have any questions, advice, tips or just want to say something just say it. It cost!

26 Likes

How much!? :thinking: :crazy_face: lol! Very nice setup! They seem to love it! Congrats!

4 Likes

Love your setup, I’m tagging along to see your results :sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

75% of my lighting setup I bought directly from the supplier in China, this is the cheaper way, I try to use quality suppliers, not to end up with fake chips in hand or having any problems when changing the product in case the product breaks. This is very important for me, since the lights are very important for my cultivation and I intend to use them for years to come.

My first panel I bought with Shenzhen Meijiu on alibaba, the boards are good but nothing amazing. My second one I bought directly with BAVA and I believe they are better, I felt that the construction itself is better, the wiring and everything else, including communication.
I bought a 240W with both and the cost was very similar R $ 1600-R $ 1800 I don’t remember very well.

I bought the smaller panels with a colleague of mine who owns a dealership here in Brazil, he gave me a nice discount and I was in need of something quick. It is worth remembering that importing directly from China to Brazil takes time, my first panel took about 2 months and the second one too. (I even had a problem with another vendor that sent the driver’s separate card, so I had to wait a while longer for the driver to arrive zZzZz)

5 Likes

thanks for showing up here

I’m excited to see what they look like this time too.

4 Likes

You may have noticed that in the 3x2 'cabin the plants have sand on top of the vase, this is because I had seen some fungus gnats and as I have a recurring problem with them around here (it seems that they appear every 2 months, they do not interfere a lot, but it bothers me seeing flying things around :rofl:) I usually cover with sand the first 2-3 inches from the top of the vase and eventually they disappear. :cowboy_hat_face:

About the other bigger beds of notill and all this genetic mix that I decided to grow together. I know that it may not be the best option to cultivate so much of different growth and different flowering times together, but I believe it is my goal right now.

I am looking for the plants that most satisfy me when it comes to high, so seeing several different at once I believe it will speed up this process so I can find what I like best.

Also, in this process, I hope to see the Carmelitas that I like the most (I have about 4 Carmelitas females and 2 males, the other males I killed, I kept the 2 that pleased me most) and I intend to make a Carmelita F2 soon.

The carmelita was a genetics that I received from a colleague (11 seeds), but I confess that they are not surprising me a lot, I believe that because they are from the lineage of cookies, they have a slow growth (mainly females), little branched and they take time to clone. But anyway, I’m going to see what your flowers are like, and I’m going to make the cross in the same way, I hope to find some more interesting Carmelitas ahead.

5 Likes

Hola Space

For some reason I like Brazilian genetics
Would love to know more about local one
Nice set-up you have their.

Bare

4 Likes

Phaya naga is {(Ethiopian75laos X blueberry temple) X (wake of the dragon f2)} s1

Etiopian75Laos from Strayfox
Wake of the dragon from Strayfox
Blueberry Temple (DJ Short Blueberry × Temple) from Bodhi

Created by Sagradoyprofano (a brazilian grower)

It is still being tested, there is a bigger thread about it in a Brazilian forum, I am one of the testers.

Brazilian Thread on Brazilian Forum

But of the 20 or so seeds that I opened, I managed to save only 4 when I stopped growing. The hays I found were 2, one with fast growth, good spacing between nodes, good rooting and good cloning. And the other, a favorite of sagradoyprofan, smaller and bushier, smelled like gas, ‘’ pinhosol ‘’ (a Brazilian disinfectant).

Some of them have this red sap.

10 Likes

This is the fastest pheno on 1L vase.

This next 2 pictures are from buds from the bushier pheno on beginning of the flowering stage

And this last picture you can se the biggest phenos on behind and the bushier pheno on front-left.

12 Likes

Known as ‘Bleeders’ around here. :sweat_smile:

Cheers
G

6 Likes

hello fellow countryman, glad you decided to make a new diary your setup is top I will also follow if you don’t mind.

wake of the dragon f2

probably its origin is the wake of the dragon f2, which probably has in its composition a female dragon blood, I say this because, Here I made an open-pollinated with pollen from several men in two dragon blood hash that not bleeding a lot and many of your children bleed

:om: :pray:

4 Likes

It is very good to see another Brazilian over here, thank you for joining in, for sure you have a lot to add here.

Probably.
It is strange to see them “bleeding”, it was the first time that I found this characteristic in a plant. Perhaps it is a coincidence, or not, but the ones that bleed have the longest and fastest veg phenotype, at least the ones that I germinated.

5 Likes

Nice to see you here, Space.
Miss you on instagram!

2 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:Damn, I left instagram a while ago, feels like ages :rofl:
I’m glad to see someone from there too. I was a little afraid of the page growth there, it attracts a lot of nice people but it leaves you very exposed as well. I preferred to maintain my anonymity and security.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy the diary around here just like there.

4 Likes

Hi @badgrower, welcome to OG! You’ll love it here! Surely! Have fun!

1 Like

Nice setup :ok_hand::+1:

1 Like

The weekend has come and with it comes the most important part of my cultivation: watering. :face_with_monocle:
As I grow with these notill beds I usually water every 7-10 days, that is, usually on weekends.

Today I watered them with FPJ of aloe vera and EM (Efficient microorganisms) :boom:

Note: mothers / clones / parents who are in small pots are watered more often

Anyway, below I will show my method for watering. I’ve tried a few different ways, but for now this way is the one that works best for me, as well as being easy and cheap (very important).

I use the following equipment:

My watering method has a simple purpose: to water very slowly and with breaks.
First I fill the bucket using the filter, this step takes about half an hour. With the bucket full, I add the inputs and mix it with a spoon, after that I use the funnel to fill the bottle.
The bottle cap has a few holes to facilitate watering.
That I believe is the important part of the process. I water the first bed with this first bottle, when filling the second I water the second and so on. Taking turns watering between the beds. Usually because of the amount of water used in the process, I need to fill the bucket twice with the filter, which makes watering even slower.

So, for example, the bed number one receives 1.5L(0,4gallon) of water at the beginning.
After about 10 minutes (the time to water the other two beds), she receives another 1.5L(0,4gallon) of water.

After about 30 minutes (time to refill the bucket and fill the bottle), she receives 1.5L(0,4gallon) of water and finally, after another 10 minutes she receives another 1.5L of water(0,4gallon).

As it was very hot, 29C/84F, I took the opportunity to give the girls a bath and wet their leaves too. Usually after that they are slightly droppy, but soon they lift up with force. :grin:

I also took the opportunity to water the clones and my aloe vera garden. :cold_face:

I don’t know how to explain it very well, but I remember that a friend of mine (who has a degree in biology) explained the importance of watering organic soils very slowly, so I ended up taking this to my heart. :innocent:

Thanks for those that are here reading my diary. :grin:

12 Likes

They always wake up very pretty after watering :innocent:

I believe that in 2 to 3 weeks it will be possible to change the photoperiod to start flowering. I’m just waiting for them to fill the tent completely and make that green sea that I like to see.

I am using trellis net to separate them and lower some very tall ones (phaya naga mostly :grin: :grin:)

10 Likes

That patience while watering will reward you at the end beer3|nullxnull, they’re looking great … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hi guys, how are you? :cowboy_hat_face: :brazil:

9 days went by without me doing anything, basically. I did some training here and there and I’m trying to spread the girls around with the nets. I would like to flower them right away, the first tent I believe could now flower, however, as all tents are in the same room, for reasons of logistics and ease, I prefer to flower all at the same time. So I should give 1 or 2 more weeks at most for the others to grow a little more and I will change the photoperiod.

Some will flower even small, after all, the plants I germinated have different growth times and different structures as well, but there is no problem with that.

It’s been 9 days that I haven’t watered them, I’ll water them later today and tomorrow I’ll update the diary again, I feel that after watering they always look better hahaha.

First tent:

It’s already a great size, I’m loving the plants that are here.

Second tent:

This tent also has great plants, I feel I managed to spread it well, but the bottom and top of the left side have some plants that got stuck (they were clones of a mother that was not so healthy) and didn’t fill so well

Third tent:

I felt rapid growth in this tent compared to last week. I also felt they are greener, they are filling in well, I think one more week and I will be ready to change the photoperiod.

Mothers/clones/fathers room:

Here there were some really ugly clones last few weeks, today they’re all pretty green. I will be taking out some clones in a few weeks and soon I will organize my scheme to make the crosses.

Carmelita male:

The biggest plant in this room is a male Carmelita . It has a beautiful structure, grows very well (without stretching too much), has a great internodal space and giant fan leaves. I’m in love with him, not to mention that he’s giving off a very strong marijuana smell. It is already full of balls but the photoperiod is still in 18/6, but he is already old, I think he must have about 50 days around.

Adding a little more of what I’ve been thinking lately:

Basically my plan is going to be to breed my two favorite Carmelita males with all 4 Carmelita females I have, a Guicy Banger (almost a cousin of the carmelita, same breeder) female and a phaya nagga (why not?its already there, right :rofl:)

• Carmelita »»» [Cream D’ Mint]) x [Grease Monkey]

• Cream D’ Mint »»» [Cookies and Cream] x [Mint Chocolate Chip]

• Guicy Banger »»» [The Guice]x [Mint Chocolate Chip]

I want to have saved these genetics in seed form and also have a Carmelite F2 to look for better mothers and better plants overall. Even though I haven’t actually smoked, I still think I can save some time doing this.

As for how I’m going to do this, it’s basically going to be all in an
box, with a charcoal filter attached to an exhaust fan and a sealed passive air intake. Soon when assembling the structure again post here. This will be my first time messing around with males and seeds so I’m very excited.

7 Likes