Gumbert's First Grow Log -- FRANKENSTEIN

Good morning brother gumbert and all OG.
The last two plants look a lot better than the first two. topping does make a difference.

4 Likes

good morning @Gumbert and OG!! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

have a great day! :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Morning Gumbo.
Plants are looking pretty good. A bit lanky, but they do look healthy. How close to the top of your plants is the light source? Usually if I’m getting lanky stems, I put the lights a little closer to the tops. My idea is that they get lanky from stretching to get more light.
But yeah, brother, if you can get them this far, you can make it to the end. Congrats. You’re a GROWER.

4 Likes

Plant 1 “out lanked” the other 3 from day one. I moved it several times, lol, its grown into the light twice.

Today I moved her to the outside and adjusted the light to about 6 inches above the other three. I also turned the driver up to 75% from 50%. They all seem to be healthy so I trimmed them today logged their progress which appears to be steady.

2 Likes

UPDATE: After trimming…

G.

12 Likes

HEALTH UPDATE:

Last week I enrolled in the State of Florida MMUR.

After I left the Docs office I went to a local dispensary and bought various strains and forms of cannabis. I am using Strawberry Cough during the day with very good results for my foot pain.

After we eat supper I switch over to Bubba Kush, also with good results for continued control of foot pain but then after an hour or so take 2 more hits. Within 1 hour I am ready to go to bed, pain free and fall asleep within just a few minutes according to Ms Trish. (this is awesome by the way)

This morning I woke up at 08:00AM a little groggy but not bad at all. Today I am going to attempt to NOT take any Tramadol. Its 10:30 AM now and I am not missing the Tramadol, but it is approaching time for the first few hits of the Strawberry Cough.

More later, I think this is going to work…

G.

18 Likes

This is awesome to read! I hope you can be done with that Tramadol for good, Man!

4 Likes

Very cool news! I hope all continues to go well for you. @Gumbert Welcome to some of the best natural medicine around! :fist:t3:🪶🪶

5 Likes

That’s great news! I am glad that your med card has been approved. It sounds like the FL program has some good quality old-school strains available too, which is something that some states lack.

A couple years ago I had to take Tramadol while recovering from a hernia repair surgery. It was fairly effective, however I had even better luck by ingesting small amounts of RSO* along with my food. (RSO is basically an extremely strong cannabis extract that has already been activated [decarboxylated] (link to Leafly article on RSO). This allows it to be used in a variety of ways, including ingestion like an edible.) Using the RSO allowed me to taper off of the Tramadol even earlier than the doctor expected - I actually had some left over that I didn’t even use. Overall, I was recovered from hernia repair and back on my feet in about 2-3 days which is extremely fast for me.

All of this is basically me saying that I can back up some of what you’re saying, I was able to forego the same medication with the help of cannabis as my medicine. That said, keep the Tramadol handy in case it is needed for breakthrough pain. I’m amazed by how well I did on it even compared to the “stronger” stuff like Percocet / Vicodin. (I was on these for three weeks after my first hernia repair - no bueno!)

Good luck @Gumbert ! You have a lot of support here in this community, and clearly you have an amazing source of strength by your side at home. Looks like this new path is starting off in a sunny spot! :sun_with_face: :frog:

5 Likes

Thats it for me folks, good night OG hope everybody get some good sleep tonight. A little Bubba Kush is sending me to rest…. See yall in the morning.

G.

1 Like

That is one of the strains I am growing soon. Guessing it will be 15-19% THC - which is ideal in terms of not getting wasted while being able to dial it in a little easier. Super Silver Haze is also one that I think will fill a similar role.

Regardless, happy to hear that it working out for you and will be interested in hearing how well or poorly it does.

3 Likes

good morniing @Gumbert and OG!!

have a wonderful day! :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Good morning @Gumbert and all OG!

2 Likes

Good morning @Gumbert and OG

2 Likes

Mornin @m0sirys , @JohnnyPotseed , @Golfnutt and OG, hope everybody got some good rest last night.

Hopefully this was the last cold snap for us, I need to start getting some spring garden stuff in the ground. More later

3 Likes

HEALTH UPDATE:

I may have been too eager to stop the Tramadol….

By 5pm yesterday I was in severe foot pain.

I have been off the Duloxetine for a month now. Still have a few brain zaps everyday. The daytime Strawberry cough filled the gap from that drug but my body is not ready to give up the Tramadol….

New plan is to go forward another few weeks using normal dose of tramadol then cut back gradually. Time will tell…

8 Likes

Good morning @Gumbert and crew!

4 Likes

Hello @Gumbert. Hope you find the right recombination of everything to control the foot pain.

4 Likes

Time to up pot the Frankie Sisters! I can mix this up today and begin the repot project tomorrow. After all-it is hump day right?

12 Likes

Hey buddy. Question. Are you planning to mix the Ocean Forest and that Happy Frog soil conditioner together? To use as a potting mix???
Not wanting to run your garden, but up potting into Ocean Forest will probably be ok. If you mix in that soil conditioner, I’m afraid your mix would be too hot. You could mix some water into a bit of your mix and make a slurry and check you PPM.

2 Likes