Gumbert's First Grow Log -- FRANKENSTEIN

No not straight up. I found a product called BACCTO Professional growers mix. Its a mixture of peat moss and perlite, then it is limed down to 5.5 to 6.5 PH.

The current plan is to use 50% BACCTO, 25% soil conditioner and then 25% ocean Forrest.

Also, Mike, thank you for the feedback, I am always looking for dialog in all things growing…

G.

10 Likes

@Gumbert I loved going through all 600+ pages this morning…looks like you found a good home here and what an amazing community we have on Overgrow.

Love your greenhouse makes me a bit jealous! Lol I plan to build one or two if I can find the time this year.

Keep up the good work my friend.

Alaskagrown

8 Likes

Thank you for the kind words and for stopping by. As you know I am new to this plant so please give grow feedback at anytime as it is encouraged and appreciated.

G.

2 Likes

Another day in the history book for me… Good night OG, see y’all in the mirning.

3 Likes

Good morning bother Gumbert & all OG

2 Likes

good morning @Gumbert and friends ! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

have a great day!

1 Like

Good mornin @JohnnyPotseed , @m0sirys and OG. Man what a gorgeous day, 61F and 60% Humidity. This will be a good day to up pot the Frankie sisters.

A quick visit to the VA and then back in the GH. Have a good day everybody, enjoy this second day of spring.

G.

4 Likes

I am so bad…. I am about 3/4 way finishing the soil mix. It is so nice out i keep taking :coffee::coffee::coffee: breaks and watching the annimals…. They know its Spring!

More later.

G.

1 Like

Okay, got the super soil mixed and filled (4) 5 gallon grow bags filled with enough left over for top dressing throughout the grow. The mix is 50% Promix, 20% ocean forrest potting soil and 30% Happy Frog Soil Conditioner. The final mix tested 5.8 PH.

I’ll get the ladies transplanted tomorrow and get them back inside for the rest of the veg stage.

Any recommendations on how long to keep the Frankie Sisters in veg stage?

I would like flower (2) in the GH and (2) outside in the Blueberry field. Right now we are getting 12 hours of sunlight.

That’s all for today, turning in for the night. Good night OG , see y’all in the morning.

G.

5 Likes

If I were near your area , I would consider flipping sooner rather than later. If you are expecting to flower using natural light consider that they might begin to reveg in June , also waiting longer will put you into the high humidity of late June, July. A small success would be a nice start. GL

5 Likes

good morning Gumbert and OG!!! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

80df6357581ab0b4a6d45ddd71dc3c12

have a nice day! :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

Good morning brother Gumbert, and all OG!

4 Likes

Don’t think about how many hours of light you are getting now. Look at how many hours of light you will be getting a month and two months from now. As that is how long it will take those plants to finish.

Will you still be getting 12 hours of light? I am betting you will be getting more than that. As spring progresses the days get longer up until summer when you will be getting much more than 12 hours of light a day.

You don’t want these plants to get half way through flowering and then revert back to vegetive state.

I am just now starting my OD plants. I will keep them in veg state until I put them out. Here in OK I will put them out in the middle of May when I am getting the right amount of sun a day to keep them in veg and get larger. Come near end of summer sun will be waning and get down to 13 hours of light and the plants will start to flower. Hours of light will get less as days go by and they will stay in flower.

You may be better off taking a few clones of the plants you have and using those for your OD.
Do your own research and whatever you decide will be a learning lesson. ……… Good Luck!

8 Likes

Taking a few clones is always a good idea. You never know when something is gonna go haywire. It sure would be a bummer to spend all that time and money then, walk out there to some dead plants. This way you at least have a backup. Don’t ask how I know.
I’m interested to see what you get by mixing the Ocean Forest with the soil amendments. Maybe its just me. It Sounds like you will have high TDS. But I will watch. I guess I just prefer Happy Frog soil over Ocean Forest. It has less nutrients. I like to add what I want to add as time goes by.
Still watching brother, good job so far.

Kinda sounds like I’m not a fan of HF Soil Amendment. Not so. I use it outside. When I get as much use out of my potting mix as I think I can. It gets dumped in the garden spot in my back yard. A sack of Soil Amendment is added, mixed in and let cook for a few weeks before putting any plants in there.

6 Likes

Good morning @Gumbert !

1 Like

Good morning @BigMike55 , @Oldjoints , @MoBilly , @JohnnyPotseed , @m0sirys and OG, hope every body got some good rest last night.

I have some decisions to make…

I need to consider adding lighting to the GH for the Frankies so I can move them and keep them in the veg stage.

Any recommendations on cost effective lighting?

4 Likes

Goodmorning Gumbert , my final report on Frankie! Very high !!! In resin !!! Hahahah

And loved every minute of finding that out !!

9 Likes

Yes, don’t try to use the Frankie plants you currently have for flowering this season unless you do so indoors. Take clones or start new seeds.

3 Likes

@Gumbert I doubt you’ll be very happy with how things turn out if you do what you’re planning, my friend. I was going to suggest taking clones for the outdoor growing. But @Oldjoints beat me to it with that advice! lol I suggest the exact same thing, but do as you will…
I’ve owned property in Florida, and grown Ganja there a few different times over the years. dating back into the 70s & 80s.
Actually, my last BIG outdoor grow was in Florida… harvested in the fall/winter of 1984/1985, with well over 1000 plants 10-12’ tall. lol
Rose was pregnant with our first son, and I moved to indoor growing after the harvest.

edit… I didn’t put my plants outdoors in Florida until September grew em indoors until they got of a nice size and (3’-5’) then transplanted outdoors for flowering.
That way you beat the rainy season (mold and rot) while still getting in a good 3-4 months of flowering sunlight hours and temps/humidity.

If you take clones and keep the original as mothers in veg, or bud them out indoors at your pleasure/timing… You should be in good shape.

8 Likes

We’re not talking about the usual normal outdoor crops grown in Florida, this is Ganja! lol the high temperatures and humidity of summer there are not kind to it

2 Likes