H3ad Seeds / Grat3fulH3ad discussion

Nice @Dirt_Wizard
That Casey Jones pack is legendary and is flat out amazing
That genetic soup produced a killer strain

4 Likes

i just picked up some Casey Jones beans. She was thew forst strain I grew when I started growing. Lots of great memories.

3 Likes

Can I ask from what source @Freakshow ? Very cool brother🤘

4 Likes

Casey Jones was the first truly sativa dominant hybrid I remember getting and it’s been a legend in my mind ever since.

In fact, I found a clone In my area which is what lead to me getting back I to this hobby, and it didn’t disappoint!

I’ll be following along and excited to see any projects that come about.

I pollinated the Casey jones cuts with pollen from Willy g Lebanese males ( humboldt seeds) but I haven’t grown any of them out yet.

The cut I had was a huge yielder with diesel terps and a nice heady buzz.

3 Likes

If still available

You would have to check with @LouDog420 and of course make a donation!

1 Like

I know @Connoisseur_Genetics is still using Casey Jones a bunch, he did an S1 and at least a few crosses in the past, I know Chemmy Jones was supposed to be great. His current list has lots of CJ in it:

@BuckeyeBeanz I didn’t know that! Interesting, I’ll look into it and Dutchgrown too

3 Likes

@Dirt_Wizard BTW, as a seed hoarder/collector, those are some of the most fire packs I’ve ever seen! But damn they must be old as shit! What’s your thinking about starting a OG co-op F2 of that Casey? By all accounts the Heads have been retired for a long time now…just a thought. What does everyone think?

2 Likes

@BuckeyeBeanz hold up there, I don’t have those seeds. You will see me post photos of incredibly rare packs all the time, I own none of them nor could I get you in touch with the owners. It’s all just research not my personal collection, sorry to get your hopes up buddy.

Oh lol, my fault brother! Right on

1 Like

Dutchgrown is a rat, right alongside Rez… DG can get fucked…

H3ad and SOTF were also caught up in that mess… Info came straight from GN

I feel like someone told me h3ad passed, but can’t remember 100%, that last bit is unsubstantiated…

The G13DG I have on St. Jude’s is an incross of the G13 Diesel and H3ad’s Geisha from foomar. Seeming to lean heavily C99/geisha…

I’ve still got casey f2s, casey f3s, and my incross. I know of a few original casey packs still floating around and there’s a plan to run them all for preservation. Originals would have been 2009-2010…

Everything CSG casey is based on true’s cut, either S1s or hybrids. I tested his white jones years ago, some nice plants came out of that. True’s cut is a nice lady, no doubt

13 Likes

One of my first indoor grows myself @Freakshow
It was so dank it stayed in my memories forever, and it was a heads seeds Casey Jones, so it was the real deal for sure

4 Likes

Yes the Casey Jones was a real special 1 from Head seeds.

Amazing yield , Early finisher and nice earthy Diesel taste and and a real nice High to boot.

I offer many Casey Jones Hybrids and the Pure S1 Casey Jones

5 Likes

Thanks for all that info, @LouDog420 ya told it like only someone who was there could. I’m gonna get in on some of those seeds next donation maybe when the Violeta are done

1 Like

Nice comment @Connoisseur_Genetics

Your work with the Casey is amazing
You have so many dank crosses

Any chance you can advocate a Casey that can handle the outdoors with 8-10 weeks flowering

This strain brings so many fond memories indoors and I would love to try something for my head if it will work outside

4 Likes

Pacific Seed bank, actually. I have beans that I made a long time ago. Haven’t tried to pop them. I want to see how the new ones do first

1 Like

Good to see you OJD🤘 Thanks for clearing up a few things @LouDog420

2 Likes

I’ve got Apollo 11 x Cindy 99 head seeds and
Witches weed from dutchgrown still

5 Likes

"Oriental Express – Billy Goat Seeds
Oriental Express is one of the genetic components of the Casey Jones strain, the other being East Coast Sour Diesel (ECSD).

http://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/auctions/category-4.html

“this is my flag ship of all the crosses. Started back in 2002, she has made it through some rough times, but back after all the hardship. She’s a winner no matter what. OE is a cross of the famous e-32 Trainwreck cut as the mother and a nice pure Thai father. Making for a creepy high that will keep you going for a good while. Most of the pheno are a spicy smelling and taste, but the coco flavor does pop up from time to time. As well as the citrus pheno, IE Trainwreck. This girl is one to keep many smoker’s happy for a long time. This cross is at F2 generations and heading towards maybe a F5 IBL. Growers will be more then happy with this cross. Expect average to good yields with a flower time from 60-70 days. It all depends on the phenol that is run.

PHOTO BY: Ms.Grat3ful, Head Seeds

E-32 Trainwreck x Pure Thai
Flower time: 60-70 days
Generations: F2, heading to F5 status.
Yield: average to good”

Post in thread ‘mendo express’ https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/mendo-express.16935/post-647234

2 Likes

I was fortunate enough to score 2 packs of the Casey Jones when they where first released. They were probably the most valuable packs in my $5K+ collection. I was able to harvest a CJ grow, and boy was she a yielder. I believe she was one of the first strains to brake the 2g per a watt goal on IGMag. She was a very dieselly tasting/smelling strain and all I had to smoke for well over a year, which is the reason I no longer like that flavor… just got plain sick of it :nauseated_face:

6 Likes

I remember you LouDog!! I went by “Elite” didn’t you have an all black CJ pheno or am I thinking of someone else? I think I still have a pic of your CJ’s saved in a folder from back in the day… hopefully I am remembering correctly.

9 Likes