Hack a humidifier.

I run year round in Az with no Ac. It wouldn’t be possible without a wicking humidifier, aka swamp cooler. Find a grow supplier who makes a swamp cooler that fits indoors. You won’t.

Aircare MA0800. Hackable.

3 speed motor, 2 power wires and a float switch. Blue is slowest, black is full speed, red is medium pace.

Aircare MA1201. I’ve seen these with 2 speed and 3 speed motors. Both hackable.

You should have all 4 wires for all 4 speeds. Blue is slow black is fast, I forget 2/3.

^ Get rid of this robot poop!

I grabbed these overkill switches. They mount nice. A 5amp would be fine. I’m impatient at tracking down physical resources in a digital world. Amazon loves people like me. The mail lady hates it.

2-3 amp fuse at the switch. Power in through the orange float wire. If these wicks dry out they stink. I should be running bacteriostatic treatment but haven’t picked one out. Filters last a full run +. Just don’t look at them lol.

The large switch would not fit the MA1201 panel, so find a smaller switch or get crafty.

No more gauntlet runs to push buttons every morning

I like the dispersion that removing the display from the MA0800 allows, so this switch will be relocated and the display panel removed.

Both units can be put back to “stock” for warranty claims. I’ve had to oil one fan that got hosed off but other than that they work great. Some units have security torx screws and rubber plugs. Some don’t. Some also don’t have stainless hardware on the float.

Next step, program these things to replace mechanical timers…

Then we’re adding RO lines w/ floats
41YOt6PPn-L

Then I can leave town for a week. Current limit is 3 days. The MA0800 holds around 3g and MA1201 holds ~4.5g

7 Likes

I love seeing stuff hacked for better use. :green_heart:

I use a hessaire mc18m, 5 gal unit. 2 speed motor, 90ish watts. Built in hose connection for refill. Works great here in Colorado.

Opened it up and added a kill switch float valve I got from an aquarium store, but haven’t fussed around with the electronics yet. Easy to add ducting both for the cool air and the hot air exhaust.

Yours looks beefier for sure.

I have one of those grey Inkbird controllers, and it really helps.
The manual could be better, but once it is setup any adjustments are easy.
I bought it because I saw on Amazon that you could assign the same output to fire on temp and RH.
-It does not work like that…Work 1 = Temp; Work 2 = RH only.
My RH is a real problem, so I am not using the Temp - probably run an intake fan on it next summer.

1 Like

Does your unit have a pump at the bottom or is it pure wicking?

:thinking: What was achieved? :confused: why not just sync it to the lights? :man_shrugging:

Not trying to be an asshole(just comes naturally?) but not seeing any real magic or new-fangledness. :stuck_out_tongue:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

This is a much better humidifier “hack” https://youtu.be/T7zJTdzpWs4

3 Likes