Hanz vs. The Tranny Thrips from Hell

I usually go with the ‘Amblyseius swirski’, because ladybugs will usually fly directly into my hps bulbs and die, but they will eat thrips, I’ve watched one do it in my veg room.
http://www.naturalinsectcontrol.com/product.php?id=000000342

Re spinosad, ya you’ll have to find an under the table supplier. I got lucky and someone sent me a bottle. :pray:

1 Like

Since you can’t use spinosad (which I have never used either) you could try pyrethrum. I have used it successfully on thrips before. I only had it on two small plants if I remember correctly, but it definitely worked. It’s natural, so no worry about anything nasty for you.

2 Likes

Interesitng , Sadly don’t know anyone to send me any so going to rely on predators, I only have 4 small plants in flower right now, If I didnt have NO meds I would just cut and restart but hoping to pull it through

1 Like

Yup it works for adults, but you don’t want to spray that on your buds. Especially just for a few thrips (they are not the worst pest you could have)

But if you can, I’d clean every pot and every crevice of your grow area after this grow @StrainVenator.

2 Likes

@StrainVenator when i had thrips during flower i was spraying Method-1 PPS without issue… i think my last application was even 1-2 weeks before harvest… unfortunately i don’t think the method1 was very effective for me because i wasn’t spraying the soil for the first 3-4 applications and i think it allowed them to build up some resistance to it… plus i wasn’t consistently spraying, i’d do a couple applications and think it was good then 1-2 weeks later see them again, do a couple more, etc… but it’s worth trying esp. early in flower

i could prob help you out with spinosad too if ur interested, a local hydro store carries it (manitoba). this stuff wipes them out and they can’t build immunity to it because its like a predator

2 Likes

If i can get some $$ together may take ya up on that spinosad! I’ve only found one larva thrip, I mean it could verywell be a worm of some sort, I do have a picture I will upload here shortly

Last time I checked for spinosad the clerk told me canadian regulators are beefing about labeling. Not sure if that’s the case they did have much more toxic options on their shelves. We can only hope they’re pushing thier pencils in the right direction but in a self feeding industry you can bet it’ll be a matter of time and $$.

1 Like