Happy Man's:Jillybean-Fem Photo (closed)under Mars hydro Smart FC6500 Light

I’ve read about this somewhere, think the progeny was like 33% females - 66% males w/ no herms, then if u take those males from said progeny u get normal ratios of male/female w/ no herms., but it’s all theoretical!

1 Like

And there’s the infamous “male clones transformed to female to judge male smoking quality” thread on ICM :smiley:

1 Like

https://nph.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/nph.16016

2 Likes

2 Likes

Interesting! So that may be a way for breeders to prevent their genetics to be reproduced if that works for our plant (I’m thinking phylos here).

Edit: thinking twice about it, I don’t think it’s the case

1 Like

I don’t know too much about phylos, (I’m a hobby grower with mad fucking passion)… I’m thinking more on the lines of the elimination of “hermz”…, Yet this plant has been here for a very long time, has been inbred/outbred for over a decamillennium, kinda hard to claim ownership over something like that., yet if someone “works” the plant (which everyone who grew/grows this plant got a seed from someone, somewhere, sometime and that seed came from someone, somewhere, sometime & so forth going back to the beginning) they should be credited where credit is do as I believe it is that artist work…

1 Like

I am sorry I haven’t updated recently the girls are taking off.

I will have to get new photos tomorrow as I took the la few days ago but didn’t get them loaded.

:green_heart: :seedling:

39 Likes

This are heavily serrated leaves, nice! Especially #8!

2 Likes

Lookin’ good @G-paS
Keep it green girl!

3 Likes

The girls are getting big.

I am starting to take cuttings to make clones to flip.

This way we will get way to many seeds, I hope :rofl: All three will pollinate all three.
I don’t know what to call the if some seeds would be S1 and some Fem only on the same plant.

37 Likes

They really took off! :+1:

2 Likes

I can’t believe how fast they are stacking up.

8 Likes

They’re looking super happy and starting to hit their stride!

3 Likes

The ladies are double steamed. The first for me.

I took this when I did the above and though I had a photo of each. They had nothing done with them at this time.

These have really bushed up I think this is number 8, will check tomorrow.

If so this is number six which was the smallest.

Number 6 has taken off.

Number 7 is the smallest now. It was the tallest so I took the top to clone. I don’t know if it would be a double it I didn’t touch it. I am have trouble getting the cutting to clone from this one.

43 Likes

Hope you’ll have double the harvest! :smiley:

5 Likes

Gotta love them self-topping varieties! :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Just chilling waiting for roots on the clones. I saw some starting to root today. It looks like I will have to try on that number 7 again.

Right know I have a new tent and it came with the same crappy China made hardware that won’t go together. The exact crappy hardware that I got from another Company, packaging even the same that one went back.,

Working on parts for this one.

21 Likes

It’s all made in the same factory and different labels are thrown on them :unamused:

1 Like

The old tent was twice as heavy and the poles were made to last. I should have taken the time to remove the old adhesive and put on a 2nd replacement zipper.

On top of that both tents, from the 2 different companies came in the same unmarked box.

6 Likes

My dad worked in an apple processing plant in PA. He said like 7 different brands all used them.
Sucks that everything is getting cheaper in construction materials :unamused:

1 Like