HaRdRoC's O.G. Testers

Got them all transplanted.
Added a tbsp of glacial rock dust to each gallon of hp promix, yes… I mixed each tedious gallon separate lol.
Got a few little head pokers happening, so I sprayed the inside of a cup and put them over the weee ones. I chose a few weeee ones over more developed screwy leafed ones.
Not sure if I really need the “domes” as the temp and rh is bang on atm

Day 1,
Sorry about the damn blurple lights, will be switching back to the Spider Farmer after the holidays.

I also spread the strains out so they’re not all in one spot, and one gets favored more than the others, by being in the “sweet spot”

9 Likes

I don’t think I will be using the Blumats I got, after hearing too many horror stories.
Instead, I’m gonna get me one of these https://www.canadiangardensupply.com/growing-media-containers/trays-reservoirs-grow-systems/botanicare-tray-2-ft-x-2-ft-id-white.html

And just dump my nutes in and bottom feed that way.
One thing I am wondering about doing that is, will salts build up, or will it affect the ph in doing this?

5 Likes

Am I missing something with it?A simple 2 by 2 plastic tub for 95 dollars???

1 Like

Lol, no… that’s about it… 7.5" tall tho

2 Likes

If I might ask, where’s the source of those nutes? Looks very interesting!!! Best of luck.

2 Likes

Gonna take a HARD PASS myself…that is just silly price for such, in my opinion, lol .
An entire Octopot can be had for 1/2 of that!!!

1 Like

Thank you, I just typed in Nutrinpk in Google, and got them off Amazon

3 Likes

Check that…found it.

2 Likes

I like the clear cup humidity domes… :smile:

I’ve used them myself on occasion…

2 Likes

The funny thing is, is that’s the CHEAPEST, Botanicare want $200 for the exact same thing, I think it was, been awhile since I checked after seeing that lol.
Yea octopots would be nice, fill it and forget it, type deal. But not for this setup.
But really though, $100 for something that I only gotta buy once and make my life easier… that’s a no brainers to me…

7 Likes

What about a cat litter box??? Gotta be something that will work well for less $$.
Was not suggesting the Octo’s, just saying the whole kit is 50 bucks, and way nice than a pan!

Plastic container from Walmart,

5 Likes

Oh trust me, I’d rather an octo, but I doubt I could fit 2 for this setup.
The pan will work best for me, with what I’m trying to do.
Cat litter box, isn’t high enough…
I honestly don’t mind spending the cash on it, it’s 7.5" high, fits in there perfectly, as well as 20 pots.
I can put a drain on it, to drain out access nutes, reflective white, and just one piece Instead of a few containers taking up room with all the lips…

5 Likes

Octo’s work better for your known strains with fresh cuts that you want to fill jars with! They take up a lot of room, and for small plants like an ounce, just not worth the space they take up. Letting them have a bit of veg, and going big is where it is at with these things. Only 4 will fit under a GOOD 750-1000 watt HPS or a 600 watt led.

Not trying to argue, just seems that 95 bucks is stupid for a plastic pan. Have not looked for them before, so I do not actually know ANYTHING about them…but that tub for that $$ seems excessive to me, lol.

4 Likes

Oh I agree, very costly for what it actually is…
That’s hydro shops for ya lol

5 Likes

@HaRdRoC

I feel your exact pain. For me it is 91$ (Shipped) for a real flood table that fits inside a typical 2x4 grow tent. 15$ for a 2’x3’ cement mixing bucket at lowes, 45$ for 24”x42” storage bin from home home depot (the ones at big box stores do not have an “elevated pot pad/lowered area for drain fitting)

One of those buy once cry once to max out size inside a tent. Im going for a sog using 36 lollipopped plants due to my small grow area. I will be buying the 91$ soon

5 Likes

Sweet!!!
It’s been a looooong time since I did a SOG, but they are deadly for small spaces.
I hope I get at least 10 females out of the 20.
I’d be happy with an oz per plant, and anything over, would be a nice bonus.
I hope you will post up a grow journal when you have it all up and going.

5 Likes

Oh i will, trust me.

4 Likes

@HaRdRoC dont buy flood trays online if you can help it. Seriously you’ll be paying almost double what you would at the shop it’s pretty ridiculous in my experience.

What are these blumat horror stories you speak of? Really the big risk is flooding but if one were to place their plants in, say, a 2x2 flood table then that risk is moot.

But even if you want to ditch the blumats and still go for the tray, why take half measures with the hand bottom feeding? Especially with that much surface area you’d be just asking for trouble with FG and mold issues. Set up a reservoir for either top feed recirculating or flood and drain. Automation has been one of the biggest yield influencers for me and I know your schedule can be busy and erratic so why not take the “you” out of the equation.

Another thing to consider that I only learned about recently is that alot of trays dont actually fit the tents they are sized for. Their inside (cavity) dimensions are usually 100% of the tent dimensions, but still have lips on the sides that make them too big for standard size tents.

Just a thought, though, as I know once you get your mind set on something lol

5 Likes

Thanks for the info bro.
I don’t wanna rely on automated watering because the damn power goes out so often, that’s why I went for the Blumats, because they’re gravity fed.

My 2x2 tent is actually 27" x 27" so the tray will fit in there perfectly.

That is one of my biggest concerns with the tray, how often I would have to clean it. If I could get by with once a month, I could deal with that.

Also with this tray, I would feel more comfortable using the Blumats, which I’m thinking of doing next round, but not until I have this tray and set up the rez’s.

Much appreciated, ya looking out for me man.
This is the cheapest one I could find with the 7.5" walls as well

3 Likes

Correct on what table fits inside tents.

3 Likes