Has anyone invented anything?

I would like to know the process from someone who did it.

4 Likes

I have invented things only to discover they had already been invented.

18 Likes

Lol. Yeah someone took my pockets in sweatpants idea… lots of imagination on the 16oz cup challenge

4 Likes

i was told that the best inventions are the ones that help people people’s lives, this was told to me by the guy who invented trailer in a bag, for motorcycles, was pretty cool to see and pick his brain, but i still have not found what can help peoples lives, im to late for the fork, and i am sure im out of luck on the ice cream cone. it hard to come up with things that have not been done before. inventions will bring out cheats, and snakes so be careful who you tell until you have a prototype or a patient, and that will cost you. you will need a patient lawyer who will search and file for you on you idea.
look at tesla, he invented a lot of things and died poor, but everyone knows thomas edison

4 Likes

Ice cream rhombus. You can have that idea for free.

6 Likes

ice cram crumbs well keep it simple @Foreigner and well spilt the profits 50-50
like ice cream dots but more crumble of the cones

2 Likes

Very similar to my bottomless pockets for sweats idea , I think truckers have taken ownership of that one though

1 Like

Canned cookie crumbs so you can spread them on the bed to piss off the girlfriend without the trouble of eating a bunch of cookies. Easier to keep that boyhood figure also.

3 Likes

THC-Lined Drinking Straws? All You Need To Know About The New Cannabis ETF $PSDN $JUSHF — Cannabis Daily November 17, 2021

THC-Lined Drinking Straws? All You Need To Know About The New Cannabis ETF $PSDN $JUSHF — Cannabis Daily November 17, 2021 (msn.com)

ii need some straws, im guessing a few others too

Thanks everyone! Please give me one or 2 days thanks! Gotta work a late shift. I need 27 hours lol

2 Likes

Invented or patented? You need to do a patent search first.

2 Likes

After my grandmother fell in the shower back in 1989 and broke her hip. I designed a set of glue in 1" rubber covered poly foam inserts to be put in the bathtubs covering the bottom and edges. I even submitted it to a invention company that I saw a commercial for. Turns out all they were interested in was money to help promote your product. I also did a poor man’s patent and had the plans notarized and sent to me by registered mail. A couple years later I saw something similar to a soft bathtub and never pursued the idea further. I thought it was a great idea especially for elderly and retirement community construction. But I was in my 20s and had a bunch of ideas…especially after a big bowl :laughing:

8 Likes

I have a Design Patent , It was Issued [USD382931S] *1996-05-091997-08-26

3 Likes

Ok I’ll bite, what is it @CaptainCannabis ?

i had the idea of a sliding cutting device on plastic wrap rolls so they cut easy and you don’t hurt yourself on the metal “teeth” more commonly used. i thought of this while making a sandwich for my school lunch. i’m guessing it was patented at that point but i still feel cheated. they’re pretty popular these days. some of them are spot on to what i imagined.

1 Like

I sold my Invention to Dick’s Sporting Goods…

I would like to remain discreet here for safety and ask you respect that but in private I can help answer your questions and here were the attorneys who handled my search, design patent, world wide etc

5 Likes

My girls Girl Scout troops couldn’t start fire, due to rain or wind or whatever. My wife was a troop leader. So I thought about as I was doing laundry and it hit me, use the dryer lint!I
Got a glass baking dish and spread the lint about a 1/2 inch deep. Then I scoured the house for her old candles, the ones 90% used one she burnes herself on trying to light. Each candle microwaved 30 sec and scooped out, put into the dish
Then I melt the wax in the glass dish, smooth lint into it, and cool. Cut it into 3"x1/2" and you have a couple dozen waterproof, even windproof firestarters…that occasionally smells like burned hair.

2 Likes

Welcome to OG, @Smokinrav! That sounds rather ingenious.

Don’t forget to say hello here and keep this welcome wagon rolling!

I usually invent all sorts of unique words after stubbing my toes, but that’s not really patent worthy.

4 Likes

Welcome to OG or should I say welcome back @Smokinrav :slight_smile: I have done this very thing and it worked great. Good tip.

2 Likes

Yuppers and he had invented most of Edisons tech but like u said didn’t get credit mostly because of suspicion of mental health problems and that was all it took to discredit him

2 Likes