Has anyone tried a home THC test kit?

i’ve seen a lot of negative feedback about the mydx and people comparing between lab testing and myDX results and they’re way off sometimes

2 Likes

Interesting… 699$ is pretty affordable…

https://www.mydxlife.com/shop/analyzer-kits/

Better to wait for some user experiences…

2 Likes

Thats because its made for cannabisXD you can get an actual device not made for cannabis that is very accurate. But you will be paying for it. Cant remember the name of them at all.

My headshop sells little thc and cbd test kits. 25 bucks for 3 tests. No clue how good they are at all.

Accuracy is in percent. You can read that info from table above.

HPLC gets you results like 0,2% CBG, but that is really guessing

1 Like

i’m not sure i understand you, what else would you be testing besides cannabis? it’s because the myDX works off “smell” and a database of previous samples so it can be wildly inaccurate especially if it’s a previously unseen sample

1 Like

found this just now.

Alpha cat cannabis test kit

they are all very similar. Alpha cat is overpriced IMO.

2 Likes

Its a widely used handheld device in the science world. Yes there are more things than cannabis to be testedXD

the myDX is?? weird i didn’t know, i thought it’s for cannabis. supposedly it may be able to test for pesticides in the future but i still think it’s not accurate for CBD/THC etc

1 Like

Nooo noo im talking of a different device that is legit and not just made for cannabis

2 Likes

Do you mean that MyDx with 4 types of sensors (aquaDx, aeroDx, organaDx, cannaDx)…? That really looks quite interesting and versatile…

For 25$ there is:

Receive 2 Single Use Sensors for Real Time Detection of Toxic Chemicals in Drinking Water:

• Tests for pesticides, heavy metals and other neurotoxic chemicals to the U.S. Military Exposure Guideline for Safety
  • Easy to use, Pass/Fail results within 6 minutes
  • Independently tested by U.S. Army Center for Environmental Health Research
1 Like

No thats not it. I was shown it by a friend way back when the mydx first came out. He told me “thats not new at all they have had them for a while they are called…” yeah i have no clue what its called😂

If i see a pic ill send a link

As a MyDx user I do not agree with your statement. And I am not defending MyDx company, their customer care is horrible.

Sensor CannaDx just reads/smells the data from the sensors which are calibrated and finetuned everytime someone add specific strain. And based on this fact, the machine can easily recognize similat THC level in unkown strain if it is firing specific sensor with specific signal… Without it the system of “Similar strain recommendation” feature would not work.

i don’t think you can “smell” THC though … i’m not sure i’ve never used the machine, i just heard they were unreliable from forums and youtube etc

2 Likes

They’re probably smelling VOCs… IE terps. I think they correlate that data against a database of strains that were tested directly with GC or hplc. Should have terrible accuracy.

They might use some other sensors, but it’s a gas sensor or multiple gas sensors. IMO it’s snake oil. They’re not doing a direct measurement, and they’re attempting to correlate against things that are prone to change over time and don’t necessarily have anything to do with THC.

2 Likes

For anyone interested in the tlc plates, researchers developed an app to quantify ur test results using a phone camera

2 Likes

That’s the same type of test as what the initial link is to. I wonder if that app would work with both tests.

from what i understand, the app just automates the process of calculating the results so you don’t need to compare to the chart manually so yes it would work

TLC testing is super easy to do at home … you can make your own TLC plates for pennies, chloroform can be made easily with bleach and acetone, the only tricky part is finding the Fast Blue B … i found a source online but it’s extremely overpriced because it’s marketed towards cannabis testing specifically … need to find someone with a corporate account at a chemical distributor

2 Likes