Cannabinoid, sex, terpene testing kits which are best

So Canna now has a portable cannabinoid and terpene tester for around $700, with mixed reviews

1 Like

i wouldn’t waste your time, there’s lots of videos of people comparing it against lab tested flowers and it’s wildly inaccurate … it’s like a novelty toy … you’re better off buying the materials for TLC testing for cannabinoids

3 Likes

I was just watching some of the videos , I couldn’t afford one anyways but the idea would be a gamechanger once perfected

1 Like

Look up growru “leadsled” on Instagram. Dropping major knowledge teaching people how to test the brix levels of plants. I don’t have all the needed testing equipment yet but it’s gonna be a game changer for sure :+1:.

2 Likes

@legalcanada the comparisons I see to labs show the labs reporting slightly higher numbers then the mydx. There is alot of contraversy about lab accuracy particularly around fudging slightly higher numbers so it’s interesting for comparison.

1 Like

God I wish the mydex worked, until then were stuck with tlc plates… I made a post earlier about a web app for quantifying ur to results using a phone camera

Gc headspace testing remains the gold standard.

2 Likes

there’s examples of it showing 0 CBD in high CBD flowers and vice versa, stuff like that, i’m not sure though tbh

It has a 20% rate of error compared to lab testing according to the company themselves. So 20% of a 25% thc strain could give an error of about 0-5% its typically showing 1-3% lower from the comparisons I can find. I’m actualy leaning towards purchasing one in the future for general comparison and hunting cbd vs thc rich plants. Its not a $20’000 or up lab but I think for the first device of its kind it’s rather impressive

2 Likes

Yea I too have given very serious thought about these gadgets. There’s a 2 month back order. There are a lot of add on options they are planning for the mydex, my concern is every time I buy a gadget doohick that does several things at once (Swiss army knife ex) they tend to suck at all tasks

1 Like

I have had good results with my three way hanna meter ph/tds/ec plus temp and canna is a pretty reputable company but I do agree more add ins more room for failure. The canna add on for flower analytics is 69 dollers and says sensor needs to be replaced every six months, seems like it would have its usefulness esp for pheno hunting specific Terps. Definetly on my wish list but low on the priority list lol

“The electronic signature obtained from the sensor is then analyzed against a sophisticated database and algorithm in the MyDx Cloud.”

In other words, it takes a few cheap ass VOC sensors and collects some measurements to get a signature. And the associates them to samples in a database that have been tested.

They should be ashamed of themselves for selling this.

1 Like