šŸ§Š Hash Room Build

Yes, testing is one of the requirements for us. I am super interested in seeing what it all looks like too when weā€™re done here.

Oh gotcha! Yeah there is a fine line when drying, trying to eliminate all water and prevent issues with the rosin later on, while still trying to keep all of the flavors and cannabinoids that we can. It will be a process for sure, thatā€™s one reason why I took Pedroā€™s classes. Frenchy praised his rosin a few months back so this gives me a good leg up knowing I am starting from a great baseline.

For sure! I guarantee I will make mistakes, but thatā€™s because I like to play. Even though there are some things Pedro told me not to do, I bet Iā€™ll do half of them just so I see and learn what happens.

I actually have a 7 gallon stainless steel chronical fermenter w/ integrated cooling coil and insulation jacket ā€“ this is what weā€™ll be using for larger washes later on, but I wanted to do my first few runs w/ the same washing machine that everyone else uses. Eliminate variables early on until I can get dialed in, then start changing equipment to the stainless that we have to use for the shop.

One lady recently had all her edibles confiscated and destroyed after they found out she was making her bubble hash in a plastic washing machine. I need to make sure we donā€™t get caught in that mess ā€“ stainless restaurant equipment only.

4 Likes

It will be really cool to follow along Superior, I appreciate you taking the time to explain your thought process! I think we all get the most out of hearing how and why we all end up at the decisions that we do moreso than the results, at least IMO.

I can tell that you are approaching this the right way and with the right mindset, you are going to kill it!!

Keep up the good work and yes please donā€™t get caught with your pants down and a plastic washer, that was the only weak link while you were describing your system so far.

6 Likes

Did not know you could store hash indefinitely. Learn something everyday. Thanks for this thread and all the info.

2 Likes

Made a bit of progress on things before we had an unplanned early harvest. :slight_smile:

My son was born July 4th at 4:05am, 11 days early. Itā€™s been a crazy 3 weeks but weā€™re slowly adjusting to things. Hopefully weā€™ll be able to finish up the hash room build in the next week or two.

I am still planning on a live stream event for the whole hash making session over on Twitch. Iā€™ll be sure to post over here and on IG when we have a set date and time.

22 Likes

Congrats on new addition to familyā€¦cute as hellā€¦ I like the shirt fresh cropā€¦ wishing you the best brother.

5 Likes

congrats sir may he have a long and healthy life incredible setup by the way Pedro and Dizzy arē the best I canā€™t wait to watch along grow on and be safe

3 Likes

Dude, being a dad is the best. It makes the world way more scaryā€¦but itā€™s the best.

Congrats!

5 Likes

woah and my daughter just graduated! Which strain(s) are you focused on as yielding the most/best hash? Been testing that yet?

2 Likes

The final piece of the puzzle has arrived.

Nothing tested yet, but I have 6 different strains ready to wash, dry, and press. I will be sticking with single source stuff until I get dialed in and then I can start mixing things up.

4 Likes

you are purchasing the buds from a supplier then, until the grow is online? or did I read that wrong?

Oh no, Iā€™ve been growing a long time. I have approx 10lbs on deck ready to wash, 6 different strains. When I say ā€œsingle-sourceā€ I meant I will be using a single strain per wash, not mixing things up.

Iā€™ve stored about 4lbs in the freezer (fresh frozen), and I have the rest jarred and cured. I need to see things to understand, so I want to see the quality difference between cured jars and fresh frozen.

5 Likes

lol I see! Weā€™ve both got similar things going on. Do you have a microscope to check the quality after? Hereā€™s my dedicated bud freezer - fresh buds into hash only. The lowest yielding one, SBR is in the garbage already.

6 Likes

Nice man!

Yeah, I have a really nice microscope setup on my stream I can switch to at any time. We use it to look at just about everything haha. Right now I have two freezers, one for the bud and one thatā€™s full of RO ice we stock up on from the ice maker.

My last step is to get the hash room down to temp, I have a Coolbot Pro and a 15k BTU AC, plus nights are generally much colder than most areas so I should be able to get 35F w/o a problem (and colder during winter, lol).

Pedro just did his first wash in the cold room and his quality is off the charts now. Iā€™m excited to have all of the pieces in place to produce as high of quality as I can.

2 Likes

I find the hash quality is linked to the DNA of the plant that grew those buds. I would definitely try and falsify all parts of the hash making process. Iā€™ve uhh had some ā€œradicalā€ ideas suggested, that really didnā€™t make a difference. Iā€™m interested in seeing your results. I wonā€™t tell you any of my results to ensure no bias in testing :slight_smile: I love freeze dried hash!!! I use the 'scope as well as a test where I see how much vapor comes off the hash in question. Hereā€™s why I quit smoking other peopleā€™s hash:

welcome to polymer strands 101. Contamination scanning is my thing. rubs his hands together exxcellent. Donā€™t use cheap bags, good choice :wink:

10 Likes

Ugh, thatā€™s horrible. I never understood why people would cheap out on something so important as the bags. Save $100, ruin every wash you do.

Iā€™ve tried to design every part of my process for not introducing contaminants. All RO for me - wash and rinse water, plus RO ice. I also have a cleaning station setup for the bags between runs. Now I just need to make sure I keep people away from me while I am washing, since everyone wants to see the process. :joy:

6 Likes

Thats beautiful! What size is that one? Looks like a dish washer.

2 Likes

It is the Medium Home version.

https://harvestright.com/product/home-freeze-dryer/

2 Likes

Cool, Iā€™ve been eyeballing the small one for personal use.

1 Like

Congrats on the boy

2 Likes

Last night I finally got around to installing the 10k BTU window ac in the hash room.

Weā€™ve still got some insulation and cleanup to do, but I had to go ahead and test with just the AC to see how she performed.

This weekend Iā€™ll be installing the Coolbot Pro to bring the temps down even further, with a goal of about 40F.

The next few days Iā€™ll be organizing and planning for our first big hash washing stream. I need to reorganize some cameras, setup some studio lighting, and get my mics configured but then we should be ready to go. Iā€™ll post here and on IG when weā€™re ready to announce the date/time of the live stream.

9 Likes