🧊 Hash Room Build

Yessir! I am using a bunch of different jars from Amazon.

6 Likes

Another quick press tonight of 5 grams of hash from the 3rd and 4th runs. Still tweaking my process and getting stuff in the right place, but I’m getting a better system going now. Yielded 3.5 grams of rosin (74%).

Still working up to pressing the really good stuff.

8 Likes

Do you take it directly from plant into bags then freeze or do you dry first?

1 Like

I always put it in a plastic bag and into the freezer right away. I never dry it first.

• Any dried weed in that freezer is for a depletion batch.
1 Like

Ok I was wondering what’s an average yield on a press. I know it varies by strain. But is it still like 20 ish percent.

Also do you feel like 10 ton press is overkill? (Curious cause I’m in the market for one!)

lol you have to ask @SuperiorBuds

1 Like

Pressed out quite a bit of hash last night, around 66 grams total. Ended up with 39 grams of incredible looking rosin.

I’ve separated everything by wash # and jarred it all up for cold curing in the new rosin fridge.

I’ve still got some work on the techniques to do, but we’re getting there. The quality has stayed near perfect, so that’s what matters to me the most anyways. At least I have no shortage of buds to wash… :joy:

I am going to bring the hash room temp up to 55-60F from now on when pressing. Last night the rosin quickly became hard to work with the cooler temps. (But it made working with the hash easier, so there’s going to be a tradeoff.) Maybe I’ll try sifting and bagging right away when I pull from the freeze dryer, since it’s still cold in the room at that point.

7 Likes

Any of your rosin cured yet? Does it change color from the golden yellow?

Did you ever wash the dried/cured bud?

I have a few small batches that have been curing for a few weeks, but nothing far along. If all goes well they will lighten up even further as the terps separate into their own layer.

Not yet, that is next on the agenda. I have around 1700 grams of dried/cured buds to wash I just need to get the time. I also have another plant 6 weeks out from harvest that will be going direct into the freezer to be washed right away.

There will be lots more hash/pressing streams on Twitch. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Delete post and twenty more.

Do you know/think if you will have to cure the end product of rosin from the cured/dried bud as well or will that be ready to go?

You don’t have to cure it, but the resulting product is better. My main reason for the cure is that it also covers long-term storage.

4 Likes

great setup

Harvested the Roid Rage mother a week or so and ended up with just over 3lbs of frozen material to wash and 7oz of top colas that we tossed in the drying tent for smokable flower. Not bad for one plant. :slight_smile:

I spent about half the day Saturday washing. Got through the first half of the harvest, 2 batches of 4 washes each. Ended up with 2 very full trays for the freeze dryer (which I forgot to photograph).

After 30 hours in the freeze dryer the hash was ready for the press. I did 4 separate 10g presses, each one looking like this.

After the press we mix and aerate the rosin before jarring it up.

Then 24 hours in the rosin fridge and it budders up nicely.

Next wash is this weekend and we’ll finish up the frozen harvest and possibly start into the 2500g of dried flower we have left. Never ending process, by the time I get caught up I’ll be harvesting this Shockwave F2.

10 Likes

Beautiful product man. I can smell that through my monitor lol.

1 Like

Yesterday I pressed out the last of the hash from the previous run. This was a blend of the 45-159 from the 4th washes, but even then it’s still terp heavy and packs quite the punch. Returned 78% hash to rosin.

After aeration and homogenization the rosin should look uniform in color and texture. This is how you know you’ve mixed it properly and that the last dab will be as potent as the first. I then snap 3g pieces off, weigh them, and jar them up.

After the rosin settles in the jars it’ll start to shine right up from the terp starting to separate. I’ve put this one aside and will wait for it to cure before remixing and dabbing.

Hoping to get a few more washes in this afternoon and knock out the last of the fresh frozen material we have ready to go. The rosin fridge is getting full, might have to grab myself a second one for long-term curing. :joy:

11 Likes

looks creamy! Almost like honey you could spread on toast. Ever examine what is left after a press under the microscope?

No worries bud, there is plenty of room in my fridge. I would be happy to take some of that off your hands. :rofl:

2 Likes

Just waxes and fats really. We do use the pucks to make our RSO though, so anything desirable is retrieved in the 2nd process.

2 Likes