Hash with cofee filters?

I gotta agree. I love my bubble… I also notice I prefer the 90 micron and 72 micron. The 25 micron gives me a more “tox’d” and hungover feeling, and the 120/160 micron while good, isnt that same flavor profile of the 90…

I think a coffee filter would add a ton of fibers…

Just freeze it till ya have the bags…

5 Likes

For sure, anything 90u to 45u I like. 25 is usually edibles or toss if I’m lazy

2 Likes

I had some material that was pretty old, some trim and bud. I bought a mesh vegetable bag from a Dollar Store, thought might as well give it a go. Looked at it under a scope and did not look too bad.

3 Likes

I have had this thought for quite a while now.
After doing a bubble run, I put the ice water outside, it froze.
But on top of the ice was an oil slick.
I said to my buddy right then…
We are losing something in this process.
I have been doing dry ice shake method ever since.

This is the only other time I have heard anyone say something like this.
I tried to bring it up in the past, folks just said I was crazy. :blush:

We need to talk more about this…

3 Likes

So I will freeze it wet or is best to let those trims dry out before freeze?

2 Likes

I put my bud straight frow the branch into the freezer but with only one hash run to my name, I’m hardly an authority. Take a look here:

Thank you for posting that link the other day, was an interesting read.

Does the dry ice method in some way preserve the oils otherwise lost by cold water sieving?

1 Like

My personal taste is to collect from 160 down to 45.

I’m too lazy to collect in between.

The 25 can be workable if it’s in the mix but I agree that if you are separating out the 25 on it’s own it’s trash.

3 Likes

Agreed, anything below 160 is great.

I get lazy too, especially since my runs are small some of the screens just become tedious

I’ll check the 120-70 and see what collects, then remove them if yield is tiny and usually just collect everything in the 45 and press it

2 Likes

A lot of it is just personal preference.

Another consideration is that sometimes the 90 and 73 are so sticky that it’s hard to work with and is closer to dabs than “hash.” “Hash” is my goal and so I do it this way.

1 Like

Definitely preference, I go half n half usually with the dabs and hash after a run

1 Like

Yup fair enough. Lots of different methods/goals.

Have you ever tried pressing just the 25?

I haven’t no, might give it a try next time now that you mention it. It would probably be pretty green and dark but worth a shot and still good for edibles

2 Likes

I’m not a presser but would be curious to see if you could salvage something from what we both consider trash.

Sometimes I’ll make a tea with the 25 and it seems an acceptable use.

1 Like

Nice, that’s a good use for sure, getting everything you can out of it is the way to go

Doing a run in a few days, will report back with a 25u press if I’m not lazy and collect it lmao

1 Like

Yep, wet and straight to the freezer will give what’s called fresh frozen bubble hash. That’s what I do

1 Like

Best bubble hash making thread you’ll find here for sure

3 Likes

Sometimes use a fine mesh brewing bag to shake leaf and or seeded dried bud, works well though definitely not refined by any means.

Then pressing with coffee filters works, still some green color comes over by nature of it.

2 Likes

I can only guess here…
But I assume yes.
The trich gets broken off the plant matter due to freezing and the oil does not seem to leak out.
I never find any.

I would find oil in the water after bubble hash making.
So it seems pretty conclusive but scientifically it is still a bit anecdotal.
So my best answer is most likely.

The oil could possibly come from some place other than the broken Trich but that requires further investigation to know for sure.

Sorry for dancing around the issue like that, I hate to spread bad info.
I just don’t know for sure on this one.

1 Like

I have found this works to preserve terps.
In water anyway, never tried fresh dry ice shake before.
It may be time…LOL
Sometimes you can get hash that smells just like the weed.
Orange, grape, lemon ect.
This is strain/cultivar dependent of course.

1 Like

Definitely agree, the fresh frozen always seems really terpy

lol never tried dry ice with it either, that could be interesting, would love to know how it goes if you try!

2 Likes