HashTree Grows Outdoor

I heard about cannabis in the holy anointing oil on a “great moments in weed history” podcast and have wanted to do some. I think it was episode 3. Kind of a fun show.

I’ll be looking forward to hearing how it goes!

1 Like

I’ve never used CBD besides smoking it. Does it work better than those menthol pain patch things?

2 Likes

Omg yes. Any transdermal CBD will act as a localized pain killer.

7 Likes

It wasn’t like the heat or the tingle. But it made my back muscles stop cramping and relax! First time I’d used a CBD cream myself.

5 Likes

I have the worst deep shoulder pain and my insurance won’t pay for an MRI to find out what’s wrong with it. It’s an old injury from a chest press at the gym and I rejacked it shoveling and digging out my backyard for my garden.

2 Likes

Not to clutter up this thread too much, I posted up in my tincture thread. I’m quite happy with how this turned out and cant wait to try it some more.

7 Likes

Hoping my brothers and sisters on here can help me with smart pot sizes. I don’t want or need to grow monster trees as I’m still trying to be low key. All of my past grows have been in 5 gallon sub irrigated buckets and I was happy with that. I did feed with salt based ferts during flower.

I would like to go a little more organic this year and am thinking smart pots with an automated drip water irrigation.
I was thinking 3 gallon for autos and 7 gallon for photos. Doing a little reading most people use much bigger pots. What would you guys recommend for my situation?

I plan to drop some beans in a week or two after work slows down a bit.

I have my soil ready that I mixed up 3 weeks ago
3 cu.ft. peat
2 cu.ft coco
3 cu.ft. perlite
2 cu.ft. compost (1.5 mushroom and .5 dairy cow)
14 lbs of earthworm castings.
10 cups dolomite
5 cups kelp meal
5 cups blood meal
10 cups bone meal
5 cups azomite

8 Likes

3 gallon is what I use for my autos outdoors. 7 gallon for photos can get you about a 4 foot plant or so… I’d probably go with 10 for small outdoor plants, personally

4 Likes

I 2nd the 3 gallons for auto’s though frequently do 1/2 gallon IF I know they are small plants. With photo’s, my personal rule for pot sizes is 1gallon per month of life unless I know they probably will be stunted either through aggressive root restriction and/or going outside in my colder summers then its nothing bigger than 5 gallons otherwise I am using heat tape or old tires to keep the soil warmer though if I were in your outdoor environment, like Meesh, i’d go with 10-15 gallons

8 Likes

I “determined” :sweat_smile: that in my climate it’s about .75 lb. of yield per 20 gal. of pot.

I’ll take 20 gallons of pot. :fork_and_knife:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Thank you @Meesh, @MomOnTheRun, @cannabissequoia.
I think I’ll order the 3 gallon for the autos and bump the photos to 10 gallon. It freezes here by October so my season is 5 months maybe?

Now I just have to choose what to plant! Overgrow has made that one a difficult choice! Choosing between all these awesome genetics created with love is a burden I’m very grateful to have!

I’ve been watching your garden and I think you are going to have a forest @cannabissequoia! Your going to need a chain saw. I have no doubt you’ll have 20 gallons of pot!

7 Likes

I’d check into blumats for the drip system I’m trying to get around to ordering probably 2 kits with the capabilities of additional add-on later check out a few utube vid might be exactly what your looking for.

4 Likes

I’ve thought about them before. Just seemed kind of pricey and I’ve read about runaways if they get bumped. You have good luck with them?
I was just planning on a standard timed drip. I have tons of leftover parts that are free to me.

5 Likes

Nice!

Lucky you! I get from Memorial day weekend to the 3rd week of August …1st week of September if risk the mold and mildew that comes with heavy rains though those along the islands are like rain forest conditions throughout whereas up North is prime gardening grounds for Ak though being further North, they also get the worst brunt of winter…I like where I am at - in the middle of both extremes :stuck_out_tongue:

Right!!! I love how the community has come together to make our preservation runs a reality and including pollen chucks to get our own “grow boxes” …seems like there is a monthly box for everything from clothes to kids science projects. Even ran across a succulent box…wonder what the weirdest monthly subscription is though on the other hand, maybe I don’t want to know :stuck_out_tongue:

I second this! Best thing ever once you get it dialed in which takes ~10 days though totally worth it as maintenance is very little…periodically bleed the lines, keep the reservoir filled with plain water and turn the carrots up or down a notch here and there as needed depending upon stage of growth - soil gardeners dream come true :stuck_out_tongue:

The kits are…I pieced mine together starting with the basic reservoir fittings, 1/4" tubing, 2 Maxi carrots and 10 distribution drippers for ~$100.00 then added onto it for my other 2 cabinets as money allowed. The carrots were the most expensive with everything else for super cheap

runaways happen if/when an air bubble gets in the line…usually from the reservoir going on the empty side so the carrot gives up its water throwing the system out of whack though it also happens when trying to get the system set up in a hurry and worse if still doing tea’s or add stuff to the reservoir and not adjusting due to different thickness consistencies in the water flow …takes ~10 days starting with moist soil set out for a day.

Free is better…either system could work though has to be dialed in so its a matter of what direction you feel is worth the headache of learning :wink:

8 Likes

Ya when buying their kits with reservoir when they charge ~25 $ for a 5 gallon bucket make your own out of a 5$ Home Depot bucket for 5$ … I saw bits in pieces in my grow store like 3 carrots and a bulk head fitting for less than 20 I used a gallon milk jug and they worked great it’s what I’ve used on my current mother’s in the window . Otherwise I think a medium box basic kit with 12 carrots and all the necessary bits can be had for around 90$ not bad imo I’ll be getting mine through www.sustainablevillage.com

7 Likes

Summer has finally arrived! The bees are buzzing and the plants are growing. I’ve been a busy boy so here’s an overdue update.

Hoping these jungle spice and sunshine daydream are girls! I had an awesome dragon blood Hashplant for outdoor this year but it turned out to be male.

This ducksfoot loves the outdoors!

Some auto’s
Dark sparks, red poison, sweet skunk, the fuzz

Finally some leftover clones I intended to give away but I may keep?

19 Likes

They all look great. Where’s the sweet skunk auto from?

Good idea with the bee security too, win win there!

4 Likes

Thanks @beacher. The sweet skunk auto is from sweet seeds.

The bees haven’t been to bad to work around. they are pretty quiet morning and evening so that’s when I check on the plants.

7 Likes

I think I have a crinkle mutant here with the dark spark @Mr.Sparkle .

I have learned from the master, if these auto’s aren’t performing you should just pull them and replant.

The other sparkle creation the fuzz is first to start flowering.

The Da Green I have in the Solo cups challenge is my first to flower indoor as well. Some early girls you have created mr.sparkle, I like it!

13 Likes

yes sir, toss the plant the other is looking happy :wink:

3 Likes