Heads up thefloridacannabiscup in Miami April 2024

Hey OGers,

I hope all is well out there.

For anybody interested in Florida events down in Miami they are having the florida cannabis cup in April.

Register as a med patient for some extra benefits.

https://www.thefloridacannabiscup.com/?fbclid=PAAabEgPcBoDyKGf3_UEtJe3DrFNmCWef8eSjDZtaE5I9Ze0k4hUHI1J1lUSE

I will be headed down if anybody wants to connect… I have it on High authority there is gonna be some real good weed down there! Haha…

Cheers,

Heady

16 Likes

Post here if you’re going.

I’m always down for trades and a smoke sesh. Should be a good time!

2 Likes

Considering that Florida is still a prohibition state only allowing medical I would be leery about going to an event like this.

12 Likes

I second this and shant support Florida’s laws

5 Likes

Interesting thought… and yet the american revolutionaries would never have started the country if they lived in fear of the crown…

as far as penalty … for fl med card holders fl it will be no problem you will only have personal stash in possession… then from palm beach county south including miami all the way to monroe county and key west the county possession limits are 20g …

Either way it would be great to have folks come… yet if not then more for the rest of us!

In my view… Cannabis just strikes me as one of those things you can never have too much of…

3 Likes

Now I would be willing to attend an event like this next year as long as the people of Florida pass legalizing weed on this years ballot. But until then I dont want to risk going to a event like this just for the Miami-Dade police to be sitting outside waiting to get people like me with no medical card.

5 Likes

Perhaps for you it is more of a in Gods time… there will be plenty for you whenever you get there…

Count me in…

1 Like

I personally have growmies who went last year, and I know people who have bought both flower and rosin from some if the winners. This us a VERY legit event. I’m actually surprised to see it’s grown big enough to get posted here.

You would be wise to bring clones for trade with you FYI. Just saying.

1 Like

Good to hear…

this will be my first year… i have seen a good bit of canna events on the west coast … not so much on the east coast… it was good to see it in miami…

I got some flower I bred and grew I may enter…

1 Like

My first year as well, but I’ve done Cannafest for the past two years and I’ve heard this makes Cannafest look like Disney lol They change locations for the cup each year afaik

1 Like

Having psilocybin, is against the law because the legislature has passed laws prohibiting its possession within the state. If you are convicted, you could receive up to years in prison because of it’s designation as a felony.
It might be legit, but very illegal.

3 Likes

Sounds good man… it should be fun… plenty of love to go around!

2 Likes

The thing people don’t realize about Florida MMJ is the MMTCs are chartering private grow facilities to flip to the grey market and supply them. Vertical integration may be the law, but as long as the facility is under the license holder’s payroll it’s legal.

But I’ve seen police patrol Cannafest and not arrest a single person while the vendors were operating.

3 Likes

As long as the state says it is illegal, I am not going to risk my good high paying job with benefits, pension, and 401K to go to an event like this.
I am crazy…but not that crazy.

10 Likes

Just want to point out the irony of that comment being on a cannabis growing website is all 🤷

Much love…I just had a chuckle :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Felonies suck, my dude. Have fun though and post pics!

4 Likes

Personally I choose not to support this state’s games they play and I enjoy my freedom, so that being said anyone who attends this event, I hope you have lots of fun and please be safe!!

But also my friends, please don’t forget how much of a scam so much in this industry is becoming, and it’s up to us where our money goes!

Sorry I’m trying my best to keep this rant short and not ramble on about this mess of FL medical cannabis, and related things :sweat_smile:

:v:🪴

8 Likes

Good point.

I know a few Florida breeders, Nute companies, etc who will be there. We need to start supporting them instead of these shops who just use the money we spend there to lobby against homegrow.

1 Like