Heady Bear's Den- "Choose Your Own Adventure" OG Style!

Here are the entrants for the pack of Sour Bubble F2:

1. @Upstate :+1:
  2. @HumblePie420 :+1:
  3. @420noob :+1:t2:
  4. @blowdout2269 :+1:
  5. @Big_Yeloe :+1:
  6. @CocoaCoir :+1:
  7. @ReikoX :+1:
  8. @cannabissequoia :+1:
  9. @Piter :+1:
  10. @Jimdoors :+1:
  11. @Tlander :+1:
  12. @Weednerd.Anthony :+1:
  13. @ColeLennon :+1:
  14. @Mi-1000 :+1:
  15. @Faithisyours :+1:
  16. @PineTarBastard :+1:

AND THE WINNER IS:

Congratulations to @ReikoX
IMO, a well deserved win, and I’m happy to put these in your hands!
Send me a DM with your deets, and I’ll get 'em in the mail!

22 Likes

Congrats @ReikoX !!! And thanks for the chance @HeadyBearAdventures

:call_me_hand:

7 Likes

Congratulations @ReikoX, nice win. woot woot :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Congrats @ReikoX. BOG has quite the rep here at OG.
Can someone give me a list of BOG strains I should look for?

4 Likes

I don’t have a list but, I just finished sour grape and I have sour bubble both reproduced by our very own @DougDawson. I have to smoke test sour grape.

9 Likes

Others can help more than I, but here’s the listing from Seedfinder.

He definitely has a cult following that has been goin on since I grew my first plant over 15 years ago.

Also, since @DougDawson is the resident BOG repro man (get it? repro man?), he asked the community awhile back about what strain they wanted to see. Here’s that discussion as well

8 Likes

Way to go @ReikoX ! Nice win indeed.
Thanks for the opportunity @HeadyBearAdventures :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

Hell yeah @ReikoX! High five bro

3 Likes

Very cool, nice to see you win some of these @ReikoX , congrats.

2 Likes

Charlie 26 days flower
Echo14 days flower
The girls in flower didn’t need water today; it’s been cool and rainy here, so the soil takes longer to dry out. Everybody’s happy though, and next time you see Echo, you’ll notice that she has returned to a great dark green color.

Ivan, Jammer, and Kelly at 25 days veg

Jammer rocking the 9 leaf look:

Fox at 40 days

I topped Jammer and Kelly above the fifth node, and am attempting to clone the tops. Even if that’s not successful, I’ll get another chance when I remove the lowers. Interestingly, Kelly has pink sap! I wasn’t sure, so I touched a paper towel to the cut site, and sure enough, pink lemonade.
Ivan doesn’t have enough growth above 5 to allow a cut right now, so he’s gonna get a few more days. (:eggplant:he he he he he :eggplant:)
I’ll do a total of two topping rounds with the TW girls, and hopefully that slows them down enough so that they aren’t monsters when they go into flower.

16 Likes

B E A Utiful plants. Thanks for the opportunity for the beans and congrats @ReikoX

2 Likes

:rofl::bear:
I did a very HeadyBear thing last night; I got super stoned, had an idea, and was like: “Fuck yeah! I’m gonna do that right now, at 1 in the morning!”
Out came a cardboard box, cling wrap, box cutter, and tape.

I give you: Clone Home 1.0
Brought to you by a 10 year old with safety scissors and a crafts box. :bear::grin::scissors::package:

24 Likes

Don’t go getting all fancy on us

4 Likes

:rofl: Apparently no danger of that!

I did another thing this morning that I think my cannabis ladies, my houseplants, and my vegetable garden will appreciate:

A batch of JADAM Microbial Solution oughta fire things up! ( On second thought, maybe I won’t give it to the Trainwreck girls😜)
@BeagleZ Out here, I’ve learned that JMS only takes about 24 hours to develop the telltale “clear ring”, and beyond that it starts to break. Does yours go 48 hours like Cho said?

8 Likes

That appears as a very early alpha version. :rofl:

HG!

1 Like

A year from now, the Clone Home 3.0 will be a 3d printed, self- irrigating, internally lit, 1:12 scale reproduction of the underground grow bunker from the film Pineapple Express.

I’ll even put a miniature of Saul aka James Franco in there

12 Likes

Tell me more?

1 Like

Sure! This is an input created for the JADAM Korean natural farming method.
I steam a potato (sweet, yellow, red, russet, whatever) until it’s basically falling apart, put it in a mesh bag with a handful of either fresh compost or fresh leaf mold, and then submerge the bag in 5 gallons of chlorine free water.
The bag gets “massaged” until the potato is a mush, and then it’s left alone outside.
When a clear ring develops on the surface (there are bubbles, and at some point they essentially organize into a perfect little circle), the solution is diluted 1:10 with pure water, giving me about 50 gallons of applicable additive.
The intention is that the potato serves as a food source for wild micro organisms, the leaf mold/ compost is a biological inoculant, and the water provides an environment for reproduction. The clear ring represents the peak of microbial activity, which is why the input is harvested when the circle appears.
Application increases microbial diversity and population in the soil to which it’s applied… plants go ham!

14 Likes

It’s varied greatly for me depending on ambient temp, and I suppose the handful of inoculant that I use too. 36 hours seems to be MY sweet spot though.
You can always use it after it breaks as a JLF

1 Like

Now, after such an educated post, I have to acknowledge what seems to be another error:
I went down a YouTube hole last night and came across a video in which a guy was testing various soil recipes, coco nutes, etc.
One of the soils was BAS 3.0, and, I gotta tell ya, in the side by side with 5 other mixes, it did not do great. Full strength, the soil came back well into the danger zone for macronutrients from an independent soil lab, and runoff was close to 2,100 ppm according to his test on camera.
He completed a clone run, all clones cut from the same plant, and the yield on the BAS was atrocious compared to the rest.
Honestly, at those concentrations, I actually think this is an reasonably priced bag of fertilizer, instead of a pricy super soil!
Cut the BAS soil so you have 1/3 3.0 mix, and 2/3 soil base utilizing sphagnum, pumice, and worm castings, and I think you’re set for veg.
Call it a 50/50 BAS/soil base for the transplant to flower… all of a sudden that BAS bag stretches a long way!
The bad news is that my LBF yields are not looking good at all. Charlie has more budsites than Alpha did, but they aren’t really stacking. I’m thinking this is a result of the crazy strength of my soil.
I want to continue utilizing organic soil, but it may be time to custom blend.
@ReikoX You made comment in another thread, in response to my post, about the Fe content of BAS 3.0. In hindsight, I’m thinking that you might have been exhibiting some diplomatic restraint, knowing that I’m growing in it.
I’d like to know if you have thoughts on this subject.
It’s a bummer because I like the ethos of BAS, but in practice it doesn’t seem to work out

Edit: Yes, everyone, I’ve already considered how much worse I probably made the issue by throwing all the KNF in with an already hot soil. They just looked so happy!!! Too happy. All the way through.

9 Likes