Heady Bear's Den- "Choose Your Own Adventure" OG Style!

So, you ran MMH before the seed run? Wow! I had a hard time finding out about it. I found a guy on IG called Green, and he gave me the info I put in the log.

I have 12 MMH in veg right now, and I have a Purple Thai Haze male that I got from Snowhigh. It could be a nice cross. :slight_smile:
:guitar:

2 Likes

Hey brother, thanks for stopping by!
I did not run it previously; these are from your reproduction. What I was trying to convey is that DarthCultivar selected an Afghan dominant mom when crossing with the Mango Haze, which definitely shows up in the way it grows (I read through your whole seed run).
I’ll likely take the MMH to f3, but due to space it’ll be a limited population sample Maybe some recessive phenos will start showing up.
In the meantime, Trainwreck seems like a good way to bring more haziness to an F1 gen.
I didn’t see much in the way of smoke review from your MMH, do you recall what the effects were like?

5 Likes

Daaaamnnnn… now that sounds like a move! :drooling_face:
I’m getting into some landrace and heirloom gear this year, but have never touched it before. The Freakers, along with friends like @Upstate @SkunkHunt101 @Panamajock and many others have made them seem irresistible!

8 Likes

You’ll be glad you decided to go for it. A whole other smoking experience. Good times.
What’s on the menu?

4 Likes

Well SkunkHunt passed me an OST x OST pack, and that was the first one I ever received, so I’m leaning that way. I have some PCK (that might be easier for a beginner, but Im pretty set on trying to cultivate a pure sativa) as well as your Cryptic Labs Oaxaca, some Azad Kashmir, Acapulco Gold, and I think I’ll be getting a huixtepec envelope from you sometime soon.
I’m open to advice if you have any!

5 Likes

Double Panama red …I recommend…tough as nails and few interesting phenos. 16 weeks flower.

Or the Acapulco gold …another of the freakers…from @Guitarzan

I’m doing them just now and there fine and dandy,

Pic. A G

Regards

P J

10 Likes

Hey brudda! I appreciate your input.
I gifted my pack of Panama Red to Cormoran after his co-op box fell through the shipping cracks last year, so that’s not one I’m currently holding.

6 Likes

Beautiful babies there. I’ma hang out over here. Bong beanbag and baked beans.

I bless this grow with the Blackest of Living Soil

5 Likes

Whatever you grow…good luck and remember post your pics etc on The Central America and landrace thread.

P J

3 Likes

You know it!!

3 Likes

BTW guys, this shit warms my heart :bear::heart:

10 Likes

Now that one I do have!

5 Likes

I still have plenty of double Panama if you want some seed back.
I would love to see what the 2nd generation OST can do. This is the generation I’d expect to find a Oaxaca dominant plant with the yield of the Thai. Could be epic. The flowering time would be scattered this round with some plants finishing around 13-16 weeks and others will likely go over 20. The high should be memorable😉

9 Likes

I’m late! But I have have observed this as well in the Long Bottom Fighter, and my Hillbilly Fighter, which makes me think it is Starfighter related. I think I have some pics in my grow log, but I’ll have to look for them.

6 Likes

@Upstate thanks for the offer; I’ll shoot you a PM!

So, for posterity (and for my own reference and accountability) the planned lineup is: Longbottom Fighter F2’s, Maui Mango Haze, and Arcata Trainwreck fems will provide enough headstash so that we don’t run out of smoke. These runs also will allow me to practice saving pollen from males, cloning, and selecting/preserving potential mothers. In addition I’ll have the tents dialed in to eliminate some controllable variables.
In March, Double Panama hits the dirt. Following that I’m thinking I’ll slide something from Bodhi into the mix (kush 4 x SSDD, or Lavender Jack), then return to the landraces with the OST x OST.
That should take us deep into the summer, and I’ll make further decisions based on how well the first half of the year turns out.
I’ve got some oooooold seeds from former member hashstash’s collection (1970’s and 80’s), as well as a pack of old school California genetics from @bassman5420 , and I think it would be fun to start seeing what might be around in those little brown time capsules. I’m also a Jack Herer enthusiast, and I have versions from both @Maddawg and @AzSeaindooin420 that are begging to be explored. Who knows what I’ll be thinking in 6 months, but I think this gives me (and you guys) an idea of the route I’ll be taking to get there.
:v::bear:

15 Likes

Hell ya bud! Diving back into the past is always an adventure. I know some of the seeds in there are hard to pop, so if you need/want more to try, just let me know bud :+1:

7 Likes

Much appreciated, my friend :bear::grin::+1:

3 Likes

After hearing the story that’s got my vote too😁

3 Likes

Thanks @potpotpot ! I was wondering where that was coming from. I’ll give a search through your topics, but if you remember, I’d love to have some comparison shots in this thread.

3 Likes

A brief look only revealed a pic of the Hillbilly Fighter. It did not throw any more leaves like that. I think the variegated leaf may still be on the Longbottom fighter male, I’ll check in the am. I also found a leaf on the other HF that had an extra finger growing out from the center of the leaf, and the same thing on the LBF male!
But it’s kind of a moot point, cause I forgot that the LBF was part of the HF! I thought the HF parent was Starfighter! So the only pattern is that the funky leaf and variegation follows the LBF unfortunately.

10 Likes