Heady Bear's Den- "Choose Your Own Adventure" OG Style!

Niiiiice! You’re gonna love em!

3 Likes

Thanks for linking that up to answer @herojuana.tom

This was kinda the reason I started messing around with THCV as I’ve read anecdotal reports on the effects being potent (without any lab report to confirm THCV) but the articles I’ve come across state that it is non-psychoactive unless taken in a very high dosage (unsure what that dosage actually is though).

Here is one description:

Unlike THC, which is psychoactive and an agonist at the CB1 and CB2 receptors, THCV is a non-psychoactive, neutral CB1 antagonist / reverse agonist and may act as agonist or antagonist at the CB2 receptors depending on its dose. It is thought that THCV prevents the psychological effects of THC however; the mechanism by which THCV antagonizes the effect of THC is unknown.

Still trying to wrap my pea brain around the science but figured I might try to get firsthand experience with it.

6 Likes

I’ve got a pack of CBG dominant beans from Hoku seeds for basically the same reason: I want to see what is like firsthand!
Also, I know the Clone Home 1.0 is still in the forefront of everyone’s mind, so here is that modern technological marvel again:

I’ve got 2 cuts each of Jammer and Kelly in there, and 1 of Ivan. Several days since the snip, and they’re still looking perky! I’ll be accepting Clone Home orders via DM :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::bear::rofl:
If you take long branch clones, please ask for the “Extra Tall” model…aka “E.T. Clone Home” :laughing::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl:

13 Likes

When heated, THC-V converts to THC so it hits pretty hard when fired in a bowl :yum:

4 Likes

That’s something I hadn’t heard before so thanks for sharing I’ll have to look more into it. You’ve also made me think of another variable I hadn’t considered because I vape at lower temps (~380F) instead of lighting it on fire, I wonder what type of difference that also makes with effects.

Right on, which one did you pick up? I have a CBG plant flowering now from Monarch Hill Hemp and I think it’s a pretty good looker for a hemp plant. Has a very green unripe fruit smell, not terribly inviting.

lol well it certainly looks like its doing a fine job from here, better jump on that patent!

10 Likes

@Dirt_Wizard hooked me up with a pack of OC V2 CBG. Hoku has some really interesting stuff IMO, and if I like the OC, I’m going to get their variety CBD pack: choose any 3 of the regular CBD dominant strains, 10 seeds of each, $75.

About the OC:
The OC CBG is not your average CBG cultivar. We created her from the “Original CBG”, Bernabeo, which has been used as a breeding variety in Italy going back to the 90’s. Completely open source and unique in her own right, Bernabeo brings CBG, Early flowering, and vigor into each of these modern hemp hybrids.

6 Likes

Absolutely dead wrong about how long Charlie has been flowering btw.
Apical trichomes are ambering quite a bit, and lowers have maybe 3-5% amber. Water needs are vastly decreased. Most fans are yellow. My current count? 38 days… no idea where I lost track🤣.
It’s good news though, because the Trainwreck girls are quickly outgrowing their space, even after being topped twice; it didn’t even slow them down!
I’m gonna push them as far as I can in veg, but the light is maxed out, and they’re putting on an inch or more every day.

I’m gonna give Charlie 2 more days to dry, and then :axe:

4 Likes

Charlie looks like its gonna be an easy trim with not so many leaves. Gotta love that

3 Likes

Looks like it! She’s an everlasting gobstopper of aromas too… today: pure acetone nail polish remover. Who knows what it’ll be in 2 days?!

6 Likes

Echo has some baby buddage!

I got a bag of ProMix and when the Trainwreck girls get up potted I’m gonna cut the BAS 3.0 50/50 with it for flowering.

Final count of the Alpha x Beta LBL F3 cross is 162 beans.

12 Likes

Yeah buddy! That looks like a great time

3 Likes

Indeed! I did check old posts, and I discovered that Charlie was at 55 days… really short compared to what I expected.
Because of this, the seeds aren’t quite ripe, so I took down everything except the pollinated lowers.

5 Likes

That is pretty damn fast. Gotta love that my man. I don’t mind waiting but sometimes you just want the party to start already!

4 Likes

I really wanted to let her go 9 weeks, but I also don’t want a heavy couch lock smoke.
She was about 8-10% amber when I took her down.

6 Likes

I cleared the veg tent today!
Transplanted Ivan, Jammer, and Kelly into their final pots, and transitioned them to the flower tent.
Jammer and Kelly got stakes added, and I tied them off to keep their profile more narrow.
5 plants successfully in the flower tent.

Oaxaca seeds will hit the dirt by the end of April.

18 Likes

Nice my friend, your plants look happy and healthy. Im following upstate’s directions for the Oaxaca, I believe the Oaxaca says it’s a 14/16 week plant, which puts them at the end of July indoors. Good luck my friend, I’ll be watching yours.:peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Thanks @Greenfingers !
Yeah, the Cryptic Labs description gives a broader range: 13-16, with some phenotypes taking a full 20 weeks. :scream_cat:
I’m really excited.
I think all my Trainwreck clones are dying, so that sucks, but it motivates me to get, or put together a DIY aerocloner. I would love to find a Oaxaca keeper to hold.
When you say @Upstate 's directions, do you mean veg to sexual maturity, then clone, and run the clones 12/12 from rooting?
Also, what medium are you gonna run?
I have your thread on watching, but I read it while smoking weed.

6 Likes

13-16 is what i found. Some go longer. One chunky early pheno will keep going and going 20+ weeks if you let it. Pick it early or late. From 14 or 15 weeks it’s done.

6 Likes

You’ve got 5 plants in there?!! Now THATS my kinda jungle. I’ll post about my Oaxaca ride so far in the main post later tonight or this weekend.

5 Likes

2 MaMaHaze, 3 Trainwreck, and the Trainwreck that just went into flower today are towering over the MaMaHaze!

5 Likes