Heady Bear's Den- "Choose Your Own Adventure" OG Style!

Update: Beta has been taken out of the tent as his flowers are beginning to bloom.
I’m going to keep him whole for another day with parchment around the base to begin pollen collection.
Charlie isn’t definitively showing reproductive bits, but there are some bumps forming at the internodes, so we should know in the next 48 hours.
Delta appears to be a lady (of course), but I’m far from positive, because the “pistil” I’m seeing is just coming straight out of the stem…nowhere near an internode. So… like Austin, she’s just trying to keep it weird.
I’m going to try to approximate an OP insofar as I’ll collect pollen from any males, and hand pollinate a lower branch or 2 of all females. So if Beta is the only boy, I’ll have Alpha x Beta, Charlie x Beta, and Delta x Beta LBF F3 seeds.
I wouldn’t mind if Charlie were a male, because I think Alpha x Charlie would yield some amazing plants.

7 Likes

Yeah bro! We need to wear our I voted stickers afterwards

1 Like

I’ll totally spring for a roll of “I voted” stickers with a bear (hmm…what kind of bear?) smoking a joint or maybe a sherlock.
:laughing: :rofl: :bear:

Put em in with the giveaways.

1 Like

A bear with super red eyes

Exactly. Like cashed out eyes that are red, with some smoke curling out of the piece

1 Like

I can turn your first post into a wiki (but everyone could edit) or I can add to the post, your call.

Cheers
G

1 Like

If you just want to copy/paste post 102 at the bottom of the OP, that would be perfect.
Thank you friend!
edit: perfecto! Also…thanks @Calyxander

2 Likes

Cool idea, this will be fun! Adds a little investment for the participants of the thread!

1 Like

Indeed. I trust you guys so much that I know my selections will be richer with your input!
I’m going to repost what was moved to the OP for anyone stopping by later:

4 Likes

Pollination day! I collected pollen by attaching cupcake cups around Beta’s stems, and then put it all into a small watchglass.
Took Alpha into our kitchen (small, no working vents), and used a watercolor brush to apply pollen to the smallest lateral, and the 1 other low branch.
Pollinated all internodes (5 total) of those branches, and the top of one. Any breeders wanna estimate seed count? With zero experience I’m gonna say 40.
Once the pollen dries, I’ll collect it in a vial and toss it in the fridge with some desiccant so that I’ll have it to attempt pollination of Charlie, who is most definitely a lady!
Delta still has"bumps" but no definitive sex yet.

7 Likes

Beta got the chop today and was put in the 5 gallon bucket I’m using to make Jadam Liquid Cannabis Fertilizer. He had the most wonderful eucalyptus/mint aroma. It wasn’t astringent or sharp, or even very loud, but it just filled the room when I chopped him.
All defol leaves and crop residues will be put in the water until it’s full, and then allowed to ferment.

A question for the breeders in the house, in other grows, I’ve seen the pollinated calyx turn brown and recede, and I thought I remembered that it happens fairly quickly. Can one of you give me the timeline on which you expect to see that phenomenon?
24 hours? 48 hours?

5 Likes

I’m doing the same thing (go figure)
Started using mine right away considering it more of a JMS at this stage with all this fresh activity. WhoooWeee the girls seem to like it!

3 Likes

That’s awesome to hear!
I think the JADAM book says it’s ready to use in a week or two, but I gotta tell you, opening up that bucket in the early stages of the ferment is pretty fucking brutal (I know, you know).
I saw an article where Cho said that the fresh JLF is very good, but hot. He gave an example of a proper farmer who diluted fresh JLF at 1:25 jlf:H20 and it just absolutely fried her plants. He went in to say that the same input at 1 year old will never burn a plant, but the fertilizer continues to be viable for several years. I really find this philosophy and practice awe inspiring!

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve heard it being hot as well, I diluted the shit out of it lol.
Anxious to see your results as well :+1::+1:

1 Like

24 hrs. and check to see the ‘frizzies’.

The pistils kink up before they start to turn.
It has to do with the growth of the tube cell of the pollen down the center of the pistil.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Much obliged @Gpaw ! I’m gonna be so amped if this works… my first ever seeds :bear::grin:

3 Likes

Some snaps of Alpha today:

Trichomes forming!
Timing:
Plants A & B: A is 19 days since flip. B has been chopped.
Plants C & D: 36 days veg, uppotted C. Flower Cycle starts tonight. D still awaits sexing
Plant E: 10 days veg
Plants F & G: F 7 days above ground/G dried out
Plant H: above ground, but I don’t think it’s gonna make it.
I feel like I treated the MaMaHaze seedlings the same as the LBF, but I lost 3 out of 6, and it looks like a fourth will soon follow. This is user error, and just a sign that I don’t have things dialed in yet, so I’m gonna be happy with the lessons I’ve gleaned, and give 6 plants worth of love (sometimes in the form of LITFA), to the 2 remaining MaMaHaze.

6 Likes

Okay, in about 1 week we pop the Trainwreck Fems, and then the fate of my tents will be in the hands of the community.

I have been putting off posting the seed list, because the size of it is actually a little embarrassing. During my first year here, I fell into the trap that I think a lot of new folks do, and accepted a lot of the generosity on offer because I wanted to experience all of these terpenes and effects that I’ve missed, because of how limited my growing experience is.
These days I’ve gotten very selective about what I ask for, try to win, and/or accept, but I do have a lot to work through!
The rotation after Trainwreck will be the same order as the sections below. So we’ll select a Landrace strain by the end of the month, a breeder pack in March, and then as space opens up we’ll pop an OG Co-op strain, and finally an OG member cross. Exceptions may happen if pollen chucking ideas necessitate certain strains be popped concurrently.
So, with that said, here’s the current, exhaustive, seed listing:

Landrace Strains

Huixtepec
Lemints
Zamaldelica F2 (ACE)
VietBlack F3 (Snowhigh via deeez99)
1970 Vietnamese Black Fem
Red Snake (CannaBiogen via deeez99)
Bahia (Brazil landrace via abbbian)
Oaxaca (Cryptic Labs via upstate)
Acapulco Gold (Nierika Seed Trust via lambchopedd)
Azad Kashmir (@diggysoze via lambchopedd)
Mexican Death Sativa (Nierika Seed Trust via lambchopedd)
Old Silver Thai F2 (skunkhunt101)
Colombia Gold (old-ron)
Pakistani Chitral Kush
Goroka Highlands

Breeder Packs
Wreckage Fems (THSeeds)
Dark Star (THSeeds)
Metal Haze F3 (Bodhi via Dutch Flowers)
Kush4 x SSDD (Bodhi)
Lavender Jack (Bodhi)
Sadhu (Mandala Seeds)
Goldfish (Hazeman)
Aloha Guav x Gorilla Grodd (Pistil Positive Creations)
Death Star x Run Away Bride (BadDawg)
Atonic x Cakefighter (BadDawg)
Brown Sugar x Cakefighter (BadDawg)
Suga Suga (Spacebound Genetics)
Eutierria (Spacebound Genetics)
Sugar Ray (Spacebound Genetics)
Drunken Mac (Spacebound Genetics)
Swakhammer (Spacebound Genetics)
Crasher Runtz (Wedding Crashers x Kushmints F2) x Runtz BX (NugLifeFarms)
Cavity Crush (Reeze’s MacFlurry x Runtz Bx) (NugLifeFarms)
Skynet (T-1000 x Runtz Bx) (NugLifeFarms)
Monochrome Rain (White ‘91 x Zkittlez F3) (NugLifeFarms)

Co-op Reproductions (F2)

Goji OG
Durban Poison (Dutch Passion via guitarzan)
Tuna Kush (Hazeman via district_flora)
Night Terror OG
Sour Diesel (jinglepot)
Super Lemon Haze (jinglepot )
Spirit Train (Bodhi)
LSD Fems (BOG)
Sour Bubble (BOG via DougDawson)
Roadkill Skunk
Sour Grape (BOG)
Silver Mountain (Bodhi/Sebring/from Misterbee)

Member Crosses and Gifts

First the list gifted to me by the wildly generous maddawg :

Lennon/Skywalker Ghost Triangle Kush
Gelonade x Jack Herer
Blueberry Muffin x Jack Herer
Jack Herer (one pack from maddawg and one from azseadooin
Jilly Bean fems
Rebel Cookies x Original Jack Herer
C99 x Original Jack Herer
Platinum Gorilla Cookies (fem)
Blueberry x Original Jack Herer

And the big bag from skunkhunt101 :

Skunk #18 x Delta Blues
Old Silver Thai x RIL Sowah
G-13 HP x Old Silver Thai
Crippy x Polecat BX1
Kerala Hindi Skunk x Skunk #18
Panama Haze x Old Silver Thai
XTREME GARDEN MIX
OST x Oldass!

JohnnyPotseed Store and Auction

Bloodhound (Chemdawg x Dragon’s Blood Hashplant)
Pre 98 Bubba Kush
Paonia Purple Paralyzer (repro by dougdawson )
Paralyzed Monster (Frankenstein x PPP)
Cherry Festival F2’s (f1 is Pure Michigan x Mother of all Cherries)
Alien OG F2
JPS Freebie Mix
Double Stinker (SK1 x UFS)
Stinky Thai (Choc. Thai x SK1)

And then seeds from individuals. I will add the member names as I’m able, and fill in blanks later

Casey Jones x Sour Bubble IX 1 [(CJ x SB)x(SB x CJ)]
Mental Floss F2 (Karma via LouDog)
Rainbow Ylly f2 (Tricoma Gold via pawsfodocaws )
Fat Grape x Blueberry (the late oleskool830)
Mimosa Mints (wetokechronic)
Black Snow (Black Triangle x Solo Stash) (Bodhi strains crossed by anonymous4289)
BOG Fire mystery mix (Indoornesian)
Garland Mix (Vernal)
A pile of seeds labeled “70’s-80’s from Hashstash
XJ-13 (mainerj)
Bubble Milk 10 (Bogglegum x Mothers Milk)
SSDD F2 BX1 (SSDD F2 x Starlite Daydream (SSDD x Starlite))
Nice Rogue (Very intriguing cross of Rogue’s unknown male with Mr. Nice NL5 x Afghan)
Poison Daddy F2 (Jew’s Gold 1974 x GDP) x Durban Poison (pigeonman)
Strawberry Diesel x Space Dude F2
Violetta
Sour Bluetooth F2
Sour Strawberry F3 (mithridate)
Cinderella 99 (Floyd?)
1973 Red Durban Poison x Nature Essence (TestofOath)
Purple Kush x RKS (SkunkHunt101)
Hawaiian Sativa x Garlic Bud (DessertHeartGardens)
Crockett’s Tangie F2 (OrganicGorilla)
Lost Track (CADMAN mystery beans)
Grass Fire OG x Solo’s Stash (Reiko)
Island Sweet Skunk x DJ Short Blueberry
Queen of the Damned (CItrus Milf x DBHP) (BrokeHoe)
Solshine
1990 Sensi Super Skunk F5
Budderton’s Beans
Carls Meat x NYC Chem F2 (Budderton)
Johnny Chimpo x NYC Chem F2
Giraffe Puncher

From Bassman

Good Medicine F2’s
[Helena x Peanut Butter Breath] x Gelato Fem
Old School Cali Mix (mystery old school genetics!)

11 Likes

Looks like your about to open a seedbank.

4 Likes

I’m kind of like a seed library to my friends! Very few of those packs are full, because every time I talk to a homie at the hydro shop, or a fellow gardener, I’m always like “Oh I’ve got something you should try!” :rofl:

5 Likes