Heady Bear's Den- "Choose Your Own Adventure" OG Style!

Got important stuff to do, so browsed this entire thread. Was well worth it. Go on please. :seedling:

4 Likes

Over here harvesting some seeds for us this morning. Didn’t forget!!!

7 Likes

Holy cow, what a memory!

1 Like

I stopped using a q tip/ brush unless I want to make a lot of seeds. If I just want to make a few, I collect the male flowers just before they open and sprinkle the pollen into the palm of my hand. Then I can simply use my finger to pollinate. The pollen seems to have some sort of electrical charge to the body, so it does not go flying off into the air. I’ll spread the pollen for each flower out onto my palm so I can “poke” at it with my finger, each time i dab at it seeing the yellow on my finger tip and gently brushing pistils til the pollen is gone, then repeat. After you have pollinated, cover up the branch, you just pollinated and hose off the rest of your plant to get rid of any stray pollen. If you do it the next day you will have risk of lots of additional seeds, depending upon how sloppy you were applying pollen. I like to do it outside and I approach the plant from downwind and pollinate a downwind bud as well. Like I said, pollen really doesn’t go flying, But better safe than sorry. When you pollinate this way you can see the pollen sticking to the individual stigma’s. Once you have hosed off the rest of your plant, Give it a little shake, and then you can remove or leave( for 24hrs) your protective covering for the branch you pollinated. I often remove it and I just carefully place the plant where it’s going to sit…away from other plants for the night. If you don’t have additional space leave that branch covered. Remove it away from other plants and then spray your plant down. If you cannot do it away from other plants spray all your plants down. I find 2 handheld misters work just fine.

10 Likes

Thank you brother! Great info, deserving of my bookmark. :grin::+1:

4 Likes

Same here! :wink:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: @upstate

2 Likes

Some " ball sacks" getting ready to open. One photo is awesome, showing the circular cluster of “bananas” dropping out of the protective sheath. These will drop pollen imminently. Minutes. The others that are circled will open in hours. They get that yellow look to them as the sheath thins and splits and shows some of that yellow color beneath. These can be picked and used right now. First you have to figure out which way goes down. Obviously you can see which way that is. Pointing it correct way down, Roll it between your thumb and index finger and pollen will come out. Do this over your outstretched hand downwind from your plant. Then walk over, Approaching from down low, To the prepositioned plant that has the pollen donor branch facing downwind also and start pollinating. I usually like to put several pollen grains on every stigma and let the best man win.

Last photo shows banana cluster dropping out of the sheath.
Don’t mind the dirty thumbnail. It isn’t mine​:lying_face::lying_face::lying_face:

8 Likes

Lol, I always have resin under my nails, and I’m a massage therapist! :massage_man: :nail_care: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thanks for the photos, my last pollen collection didn’t go great because I think I separated the sacs too soon, so that’s helpful.

2 Likes

I’ve found similar. When I carefully dust the branches it’s a hit/miss… but when I trap the male/female together in a proverbial fuck-chamber I get more seeds than I know what do do with!

My partner is a RMT! I remind folks who speak out of turn that she can “Xena your ass to the ground.”

:rofl:

3 Likes

Goddammit, I’m actually really envious. The US has no version of an RMT, and massage school is only 1,000 hours (vs. 4-5,000 in Canada).
I literally had to get licensed, and then it took me 3 more years to feel like I could be a competent clinical/ rehabilitative massage therapist.
The licensure here is basically: “Yeah, you can go work in a spa.”
Also, in the US most therapists aren’t seen as Healthcare providers by many, they’re “luxury” service providers.
Physiotherapists and Physical Therapists are where people go when they have musculoskeletal pain here.
What kind of work does your wife do?

2 Likes

Yesterday was: 1x High risk pregnancy client and 1x stroke client who is over 80 with high blood pressure and is recovering from an april stroke.

She also specialized in trauma and PTSD related work. Basically all the worst parts of the bible. (said in a South Park voice)

She’s hardcore and the look on her face as I read your comment outloud says a lot for your situation!

:fist_right: :fist_left:

2 Likes

I appreciate the validation @Pigeonman !
I work extensively with post-surgical clients, so scar tissue support and mobilization, Vodder manual lymphatic drainage, and myofascial/articulative techniques to restore movement after extended periods of immobility.
As someone who pursued training in maintaining a trauma- informed practice, I have to honor your partner’s work in serving those populations. It is emotionally, and energetically challenging to hold space when that intensity manifests, and those who can/do are bodhisattva IMHO.

5 Likes

She gives you one of these:

ezgif.com-optimize(64)

5 Likes