Hello overgrow friends…

@Barefrog Thats some great information thank you very much.

I’ll get down to the local Home Hardware a see if they have it.

Thanks again

4 Likes

Hola @50State

Better make it weaker then too strong.

another thing about that product compare

to other whom have oil base this one will

keep after mix, I just leave it in the sprayer

for when I need it.

and its cheap at 9.99 $Can

Bare

7 Likes

Great stuff @Barefrog. Today’s first entry in Oleskool’s Big Red Book of Aquired Knowledge!

:cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

In the US we have spinosad as well. Captain Jack’s Dead Bug Brew has it. Two applications about a week apart has cleared up my thrips issues before.

15 Likes

I’m a little careful using Spinosad. I love it for thrips, but I do have concerns about it’s safety.

Abstract
Spinosad is one of the most extensively used bio-pesticide in the world. The effects of pesticide in human health are mainly associated with its residue in food or occupational exposure in agricultural production. The lung is the direct target of pesticides exposure, although the study of inhalation damage caused by Spinosad remains unclear. The aim of the present study was to evaluate the cytotoxic effects of the Spinosad in human lung cells. We demonstrated that Spinosad could inhibite the proliferation of human lung epithelial A549 cells, induce the DNA damage and enhance the programmed cell death. Intracellular biochemical assay indicated that DNA double strand breaks, cleaved of PARP, release of cytochrome c, decrease of mitochondrial membrane potential, generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS), activation of caspase-3/9, increase of Bax/Bcl-2 ratio, LC3-II conversion, accumulation of Beclin-1, degradation of p62 and the changes in the phosphorylation of AMPK, mTOR are contributed to the toxic effects of Spinosad in A549 cells. The results showed that the cytotoxicity of Spinosad may be associated with the activity of mitochondrial apoptotic pathways or AMPK/mTOR-mediated autophagy. Meanwhile, the DNA stand breaks caused by the Spinosad suggest it has a potential genotoxic effects on human lung cells. We conclude that Spinosad has a potential risk to human health by inducing the cytotoxic effects.

12 Likes

I’ve smoked some of your seed’s flowers, it’s good stuff… you ever think of distributing your seeds for free? There are really disadvantaged people who need marijuana, how you’ll stop genetic plagarism is out of my scope, but I suggest grabbing a handful of seed and seeing what you can do for free, @bodhi!

4 Likes

Bodhi gave his blessing on preserving his discontinued strains through our Bodhi Preservation Project as you’ll see some has ended, some ongoing and some yet to be started …I am positive if one of the strains your interested in has ended, some member will have an opportunity as they undergo their selections from the F2’s :wink:

22 Likes

Although I consider my self charitable, I don’t like to work for free. Just sayin’. Let me know in PM what it is you’re needing @Hit-Squad-Band, and I’ll try and help you out. One Love…

:cowboy_hat_face:

14 Likes

you ever think he does? :thinking: i think he do & did

:joy:

:evergreen_tree: i freely distribute my seed :hotdog: :doughnut:

13 Likes

thought the news was funny recently - “Jeffrey Epstein wanted to see the human race with his DNA”…I"m thinking hmmm, doesn’t 50% of the population want to do that? I know I do!

11 Likes

@50State if you’re still battling thrips, a local grow store in my city sells spinosad, only place i’ve found it in canada … pretty sure 1 treatment worked but did a 2nd just in case

9 Likes

Is it not legal in Canada or something? I remember looking for it a while ago and couldn’t find any.

Reminds me of people selling avid on the black market back in the day…

4 Likes

Mrs. Bodhi has announced LE Hoodie’s sometime this up-coming week :wink:

8 Likes

Where they gonna be available at?

3 Likes

Keep an eye out here:

4 Likes

Oh wow never would have thought to look at anything seed related in Etsy

5 Likes

I hope they make hats when they come back on

3 Likes

Seeds? :zipper_mouth:

3 Likes

No not actual seeds lol I meant like a bodhi hat

4 Likes

Do not mention seeds on the etsy site. That could shut their store down if they do.

-GH

12 Likes