Help! got some dry ice ha$h

Hello all OGers! I apologize as I’m sure this may be a repeat thread but I honestly did some research and I just need some quick help. I’ve made ice water hash many times, this time I went with dry ice and I love the outcome so far and the fact that everything is nice and dry. What the heck do I do now, I’ve heard so many different things and read so many different things?

5 Likes

7 Likes

Smoke it lol

1 Like

Hey bud, @JoeCrowe had an amazing thread on hash making, perhaps he can help. His thread is here.

3 Likes

I’d look into static cleaning hash, there’s definitely vids on YouTube, since dry ice is notorious for introducing contaminants into your hash unless you only sift for a super short period of time. When it’s nice and clean use Frenchy Cannoli’s method found here https://youtu.be/fi0i_rXVId0 to prepare it for curing. After whatever curing period you deem appropriate unwrap the hash ball and smoke em if you got em :v: :seedling: :green_heart:

1 Like

I do not have a press and that’s why some of these hash making threads get intimidating to me. I just feel like I had a pretty good turnout for my first time with dry ice and I don’t want to screw it up. As I have read it should be dry and ready to rock?

2 Likes

It’s pretty much kief at this point, if u want it pressed down throw it in a vice with 2x4’s and in parchment paper and that’s prob the best around the house way, some ppl with put their oven on 180-200 and throw it on a tray in wax paper wrapped in soggy newspaper for 10 min and a dough roller(or glass bottle if ur not that fancy)

Looks like you got great results. I suggested @JoeCrowe as he likely has a bunch of experience that got him to this point so I figured him to have a wealth of knowledge to share. Personally I am not accustomed to these new methods but just picked up a full set of bags and washing machine to give it a shot with. I will be watching your thread with interest.

4 Likes

For experiment sake I’ve taken the finish freeze dried kief and melted it in alcohol then evaporated the alcohol with pretty awesome results for some bomb shatter too :wink:

2 Likes

Them washing machines would be handy to have. Can relax while the machine does the work!
I want to get one some day.

1 Like

Yeah. I spent around $50 on some bags and than the machine came up. Cost me $120 total with 8 bubblebagdude bags so I returned the ones I just purchased. For an extra $80 I don’t have to do all that mixing and got better bags. Figured the first time I was there mixing for 15 min with a drill and paint stirrer that I would happily pay the extra, lol. Gonna swap the hose for a straight one before I try it.

4 Likes

That is a great deal for sure!
I spent $60 or more on some knock off brand 5 bag kit at the grow store. It does the job.

But you got the best bags and a machine, can’t go wrong for $120. :+1: :v:

2 Likes

Guys,I wanted to Ask if I can do Dry ICE hash with instant dry ICE packets,the One you buy,open and shake It and put the package on your body where you had a trauma or hit something. Is It ok to use or It has to be a Food grade One?

1 Like

No, dry ice is made from co2, Ice packets are not.

2 Likes

IMHO, nothing compares to Coldwater Process Hash, made into Black Hash Frenchy Style under wine bottle, between real cellophane. But this might help those interested.
Been There, Made That, With raw co2 gas we made our own dryice, done it hundreds of times, two different techniques. Both are less than optimal… IMHO

5 Likes

I bought one of these:

Put a couple grams in, give it a couple wacks with a rubber mallet, and it makes some nice round hash pucks!

It’s high quality stainless, and should last me a lifetime.

1 Like

What’s the consistency like and what kind of material did you make it out of?

It’s like super dry sand. Super awesome

If its clean (no green plant material) you can work it into one solid piece with heat and pressure pretty easily.

Hey bud, where do you get real cellophane? I couldn’t find any.

1 Like