Help leaves curling up but temps are low?!

Hello everyone I’m new to the site but I do a lot of ONLINE FORUM READING but I can’t seem to know why my leaves are curling up some might have a little browning to them but this just happened overnight. My temps are fine I had it these past few days 74-80 max. I am in coco week 6 but have not flushed at all idk if that’s a problem or not ?? I have my runoff at about 1200-1300. Let me and my plants were loving life until this plz let me know what I should do.

2 Likes

This is how my trees looked before the curling. And now I just moved the trees from directly under the lights to see if that makes a difference

2 Likes

Maybe this can help…

And, welcome to OG!

HppHrvst

2 Likes

Can you get some better in focus pics please, they look a bit brown. I dont want to alarm you but Im thinking botrytis mold bud rot, but cant tell from the pictures properly.
Possibly something stopping the water getting to the leaves, pythium, fusarium etc
How are they been grown what medium (not the coco) are they in method of watering feeding?
What is your humidity like ?
Are you using oscilating fans ?
Can you pull open a bud where they are curling leaves if there is any grey or brown moldy powdery stuff in there PANIC.

It could be heat stress, or over fertilisation but some better in focus picture would greatly help, esp If I could zoom in, try not to shrink the file anything up to 5mb in jpeg format please.

Any one else help on this please @LemonadeJoe @Baudelaire @DoubleMOrganics

3 Likes

Do the roots appear to be ok ?
Do you oxygenate your water?
Have you had wet weather recently?

All I can say is more pics and some extra info required, how are they fed and watered.

H2o2 will help with pythium and fusarium root diseases, nothing I know off will help bud rot, if its bud rot you ill have to cut off the affected parts and hope for the best. Some one else may be able to offer some other advice.

Edit If you watering feeding through a system that delivers to all the plants drippers etc the disease will spread. Im sure you will get the answers if you can upload a better picture. Do you use aircon ?

I was thinking botrytis or lights too close but hard to see with that picture like Herbie said.

@Herbie @ryasco My roots look good to me even coming out of pots look healthy. I also do oxygenate my res I have a submersible pump I use. I also hand feed with buckets normally every 3 days but this particular strain both phenos of it took about 5 days to eat this time there ppms were at around 1300. Here’s some more pics

@Herbie @ryasco

@Herbie @ryasco this is how they looked the day before

1 Like

My guess is you had a heat spike and everything closest to the light got hit the hardest. The damage seems even across the canopy right.
My guess seems wrong by your statement about your temp’s being low. Sorry if my help is not helpful.

1 Like

OK they have a purple colouration, I was mistaking it for browning in the first pic as you also mentioned brown.

Q what are your humidity conditions like ?

Q Are you running air con ?

Q Do you have max min hygro meters (temp and humidity) ?

Advice, flush them all and keep the heat away from them, either by moving the lamps up or the plants away from directly under the lights. You could also turn half the lights off for a few days. After flushing use any type of plant stress releiver through the rootzone, there are specific products for heat stress etc also (seaweed or kelp extracts help) try to keep the humidity 50% Then re introduce your feeding regime but backed off slightly, slowly bringing them back up to 75% of full strenght and monitor.

Worth checking for bud rot still just incase :wink:

Sorry if you feel my help is not helpfull. But I would be leaning towards a heat spike while they have high salt levels in their leaves, the damage does appear to all be at the top of the canopy.

If they took longer to eat / drink that does suggest the humidity was too low and the temps high with high ppm salt levels, that can happen overnight from what is refered to as heat stress (actually a combination of high temps, low humidity, high food levels) the stoma close up not releasing water while the plant breathes, hence keeping the salt / food in the leaves with out the required water take up and prespiration. You could introduce CO2 to the air for higher temps also.

1 Like

I’m thinking heat stress first - bud tops growing into the lights, a blast of summer heat raising ambient air inflows and spiking grow space temps, etc.

Ozone? The “overnight” change is similar to situations I’ve seen where the grower cranked up the ozone generator in late flower as the odor peaks. Ozone burn looks exactly like that and can happen within hours.

Last could be extreme nute burn, but that would be from a salts buildup that would literally be poisoning the plant, not your typical “clawing” from pushing nute levels. You’ve got dying bud ends there, that is a catastrophic system toxicity if its coming from the nute mix. I’m assuming you are growing in soil (I see a black pot rim).

I’d raise the lights, cool the space, kill the ozone and test and replace the nute mix with plain water flushes. Pythium (bud rot) could be but you should see obvious webbing and necrosis in the buds if that’s the case.

-b420

2 Likes

Looks exactly like if your ac got turned off or your ducting broke apart and they were on blast for a few hours under the heat of a super super hot lightbulb. Probably with glass there too making it hotter. If its not pests then heat is your main suspect. I love those tropical cultivars. 100f? Pft thats nothin for themXD

2 Likes

Hello @DoubleMOrganics ! Have you managed to find diagnosis or treatment for you problem?

Yes I did it was a heat stroke ! Thanks!

1 Like

@MadScientist @LemonadeJoe @lotus710 @ryasco @Baudelaire

6 Likes

That’s some nice looking bud! What strain was it?

Pink 2.0 from exotic genetix

1 Like

And it was really pink… Exotic seeds huh!?

1 Like

I see your from Miami salute

1 Like