The Medical Grow

Despite my making every mistake, my first grow went amazingly well… Grateful to this wonderful community for all the good advice along the journey. :pray:

NY State just legalized home growing for medical patients like me.

Now, here’s the thing. I take a dispensary med (capsules work real well for me) derived from “JH1” which I believe is Jack Herer x Skunk #1. Company is called Matter (Pharmacann).

Wish I knew more about this med but that’s all I know. I’d like to grow this kind of strain. I have this auto:

The fine print says, Jack 47 x XL auto (SWS78). I bought them from Sweet Seeds.

I will grow in organic Coots soil in EarthBoxes. I figure one plant per box.

What should I grow? Should I try I to grow several Jack Herer strains (whatever I can trade or buy)?

I’m interested in exploring other strains and am looking for what my “JH1” med does for me: uplifting, cerebral, euphoric, energizing/motivating.

What perhaps more easy-to-find (feminized or auto) strain would folks recommend?

Jack Herer profile from The Cannigma:

Now, I’ve heard Cinderella 99 matches this profile. I’d also be curious about one of the parent strain, Northern Lights, which I have heard a lot about and may be easier for me to obtain.

Well thanks if you got this far! I welcome thought, comments, ideas — and trades!

Here is what is in my seed stash box (all autos):

Mephisto:
3 Bears OG
Northern Cheese Haze
Skywalker
Fugue State
Forum Stomper
Crem de la Chem
Samsquanch OG
Skywalker x Forum Stomper (freebie)

Fast Buds:
Lemon AK

Humboldt:
Lemon Gelato x Sour Apple

North Atlantic Seed Company:
Diesel (freebie)

If this makes a difference… I plan to consume my harvest by eating (canna cap or tincture).

I find eating cannabis to be really medicinal. One or two doses a day does me. In fact I generally am medicated till bedtime if I take my second dose by 2pm.

Amazing plant. :green_heart:

Anybody got suggestions?

Finally… Jack Herer is one of the strains that features… Terpinolene.

Here are some other Terpinolene-featuring strains:

16 Likes

Very informative Post, THANKS!! SS/BW… :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

You should grow the type of cannabis you get the most out of, in every way.
If Jack Herer strains work best for you, then by all means, grow some Jack.

JH1 is an even cross between Jack and Skunk#1. Skunk has been around almost 60 years and is a favorite of many, due to its fragrance, flavor and effect.
How could you go wrong with a strain that combines Jack x Skunk?! Seriously!

If I were you, I would grow what I liked most and expand from there.
Indica, sativa, hybrid or auto… and there is so much to choose from, it’s unreal how many different strains there are to choose from in the cannabis world.

Grow the parental strains of your favorite strains. Grow strains that peak your curiosity or strains you’ve always wanted to try, strains that couchlock you or strains that make you want to get out and do stuff. Strains who’s names amuse you or a strain just because you like the name. Strains that promote creativity, artistically and musically and any other way imagined.

You could grow this plant for decades and never grow the same strain twice. That’s how many strains are available today.
There are an estimated 20K different strains of cannabis to choose from in 2022.

No matter what you choose to grow, make sure you keep us informed… and take pictures. We like pictures of cannabis plants around here :drooling_face:.

4 Likes