Help with identifying infestation!

Hey everyone . I just found an Infestation, can’t post proper pic camera sucks. found with a 60x loop. looks like an inchworm. yellowish in color almost orange, underside of leaves, Noticed little black balls everywhere, they are chewing into the leave. and the top side of leave looks all rusted

![Picture_20212002012000|690x335]![2021-7-11 23-37-3|281x500]
Really stressed out🤮
I’ve sprayed with product called green clean. I’ve also got some need oil on hand. People are telling me that they are thrips, but I haven’t seen anything flying around.
I’d like to know what I’m dealing with so I can take proper action.
Overgrow the world my friends :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thrips is right I got them as well, little bastards.

1 Like

Game plan?

Very popular. (Spinosad)

1 Like

Thanks, can I dunk them in the tub. W/ need oil

Absolutely. I dunk clones and small plants. When I grew outdoors I would alternate spraying with spinosad and bt. Bt for caterpillar bishes. Lol

Ideal to use as a preventative.

2 Likes

Not sure what BT is?

1 Like

Also why haven’t I seen anything flying, if their thrips

1 Like
1 Like

Damn thrips are too small to see with my old naked eyes.

1 Like

the adults?

Thrips only fly as adults which is end of life cycle, if you’ve got flyers infestation is already really bad. The green cleaner should work on em but don’t mix it too strong, make sure you spray under leaves, on stalks, tops of leaves, everywhere you can think of. Then spray the dirt til there’s a good wet layer from spraying it so much in case there’s any down there.

Do this during lights off, always spray during lights off. And ALWAYS measure while mixing

Edit; this is the spraying technique for all bugs essentially. Bugs lay eggs on bottoms of leaves and hide there and stems for safety, so spray all of that. Other bugs lay eggs a couple inches into the dirt for safety and hide there, so spray all of that

3 Likes

fuck-a-thrips

3 Likes

I put Them in the tub and used the handheld shower wand, drenched Them. the dirt has diatomaceous earth mixed in. Got a foger on the way. Got green clean, neem oil and some spinosad coming, with the foger. What agent do you recommend ?.
Also taking tents down. And bleaching everything.
Have i missed anything :confused:. Thanks everyone. This shit is stressing me out. Buddy sent me some cuttings and stupidity I took them. I even quarantined them for ten days. all the time spraying with green clean. Thats why I ordered some different agents. I’m so stressed :face_vomiting:I’m rambling on.
Peace_out for now

3 Likes

I was guilty of unknowingly dragging thrips and mites into my first couple indoor grows. (On my clothes, shoes, hair, etc.)
Stopped doing that by showering before entry…if I’ve been outside.

No mercy. I spray around my yard and foundation with commercial type insect killer. Never on my indoor.

I have powdery mildew PTSD from a couple grows. Lol

2 Likes

thanks for all your input, greatly appreciated

2 Likes

In the “professional” industry they call it an IPM, Integrated Pest Management, when you’re getting licensed by the state it’s one of the main things you learn. Pests can be anything from bugs to mold to weeds you don’t want, pretty sure it’s definition is something like “ANYTHING you DON’T want around, is a pest.”

So, your IPM is a set of rules you put in place for a specific environment when entering that environment so that you don’t break that environment by adding unwanted pests to it.

I did the exact same thing as @GramTorino last year, thrips, aphids, AND spider mites indoors all in one year, completely fucked my best grow yet trying to kill em and burning all my plants by going crazy with it in the process.

So IPM is now to completely change clothes and shower before entering my grow room. If it’s just for a second to grab something I use my air compressor and an air gun to spray my body and clothes off in case anything is sitting on me/them. Anything that comes in gets hit with half strength organic Plant Therapy at least once and then sits for a few days before coming in.

I spray my entire house and yard in the same fashion I would for someone that paid to get it done at my work, with Bifenthrin mainly for mosquitos( NEVER EVER ON PLANTS, YOU’LL KILL PEOPLE) (industrial insecticide neurotoxin for over 100 species of insects including mosquitos, can find at tractor supply under brand name TC Flowable) foundation, bottom and sides of windows, bottoms of doors, corners that connect, 2ft of ground around the base of the house and then the grass and bushes front and back for 50ft or so. This completely kills any and all bugs in that large area, 50ft in front and back tree line to tree line, any bugs wishing to come back must completely repopulate and it gives you a few months of not having to worry as much. Also plan on spraying the perimeter of my greenhouse so the little bastards leave my big girls alone

Don’t worry, I’m a professional :wink:

2 Likes

God dam, you are a true spartan when it comes to IPM. And yes there will most definitely be changes being made in my ‘IPM’
Thanks, :pray: great information

what kind of schedule should i be using for the initial infestation IE everyday>> every other day>twice a wk?